SiouxSports.com Forum

other news

schmidtdoggydog

Wow. I feel bad for Snyder. I wonder if he will recover. The mind is a mysterious (organ?) in the body. Hard to say if he'll fully recover, partially recover, or have serious problems.

I'm thinking that Mr. Heatley kindof got carried away with his status. Status quo, I'd say. Victim of the hype, the talent, and the salary.

As for Sydney Crosby, tell me what else is new. It's not like that was unexpected. :angry: The main question is: which NHL will choose him when he is eligible for the draft? My guess: Pittsburgh because they'll still suck when Crosby is eligible.

I thought I heard on The Fan today that Heatley was being charged with a felony as a result of the accident...anyone know exactly what he is being charged with besides reckless driving and a possible DUI (depending on BAC test results). Sounds like Heatley was begining to feel invincible. Hope this brings him back to earth. Good luck to Dan Snyder. I certainly hope he gets to play hockey again.

I thought I heard on The Fan today that Heatley was being charged with a felony as a result of the accident...anyone know exactly what he is being charged with besides reckless driving and a possible DUI (depending on BAC test results).

Because of the injuries to Snyder he was charged with "serious injury by vehicle", a felony. He was also charged with reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, driving on the wrong side of the road and striking a fixed object. Though the national press is claiming that the final BAC tests won't be available for weeks, the press here in Madison is reporting that the on-the-spot testing was very low so it's quite unlikely that alcohol was a factor or that any alcohol-related charges could be brought in the future.

This is absurd, in my opinion!

This, unfortunately, seems to be the way things are going with top young talent. As the story mentioned, Jeff Jackson committed to Michigan last year at that age, and we all know that BC is weaning young children off their mother's milk...

Personally, I'm not in favor of getting a commitment from a kid that young because you never know if the crowd will catch up over time. On the other hand, I wouldn't have turned down Sidney Crosby had we been that fortunate last year either. I guess if they are really really good, you have to take that chance.

He was also charged with reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, driving on the wrong side of the road and striking a fixed object.

Ok. The situation is not funny.

But being charged with striking a fixed object is, out of this context, pretty humorous.

There are serious ramifications for Mr. Heatley.... depending upon the situation in court. However, since he's a superstar in Atlanta, I am not going to take the risk in saying that he's going to do jail time. He'll probably plea no contest, pay a fine of some sort, attend defensive driving coursework, and 1-2 years of community service. Something like that.

What they should do is sentence him to college to finish his degree (if he hasn't already). If he did, then he should be sentenced to grad school :angry:

Today the Ottawa Senators made Andy Schneider available on the waiver draft. I wonder what that means for him.

Jason Blake appeared on the protected list, but Andy's name is the only one on the available list from UND.

That is a different Andy Schneider. UND's Schneider's rights are owned by Pittsburgh, Bochenski belongs to Ottawa.

Former UND d-man, Curtis Murphy, was left unprotected by Nashville though.

Whew! That's a load off my mind! :angry: It would have been most curious to waive a player that is coming off of a 40 point season. Espeically if it is a defenseman.

Well, we'll see if Curtis is taken in the draft or what will happen to him. It surprises me to see Nashville trade for him and then let him go.

:):D;):D;):(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

What a loss.. This definitely brings a whole new light to excess. Unfortunately it came at a tremendous price. I feel really bad for the Snyders, the Heatleys, The Trasher organization, and the sport of hockey in general.

Hockey fanship is small enough as it is on the whole. Bad publicity is never good... especially when it costs a life.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news for Wild fans, Gaborik dumped his agent. Bad news, the new agent works with the old agent.

Schatvia (sp) and Walsh are partners. So he didn't exactly dump Walsh, just switched to Schativa for the rest of the negotiations. They have done this good cop/bad cop thing before, but I doubt that Gaborik is going to take the offer currently on the table.

I talked to Greene after the Concordia game. Another reporter was giving him a bad time about how he failed to score after his teammates tried to set him up on a Sioux power play. He noted that on that particular opportunity, he completely missed the net. I pointed out that he did have a nice shot on goal earlier in the game.

He said his scoring opportunities "come in bunches." I said, "And you remember ever one of them, right?"

We both had a good laugh.

I'm pondering another poll. Who would you least like to get checked into the boards by: Smaby, Greene, Prpich, Schneider, McMahon, Hale, or someone else ;)

Greene's my man. Only thing that he has going against him is that the refs judge him by his reputation instead of what is actually on the ice. He also does make some blatent penalties, but that's alright every now and then.

Prpich... well, I'd say his mean streak is nearly as big as Greene's. he just doesn't have Greene's size.

I like both of them. Very physical, good defensive players. Prpich can even score every now and then.