SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3 Scores

UNDvince97-01

Today's "why you need to pay attention in math class" moment:

St. John's 31, Concordia (Moorhead) 12 with under 5 to play: Concordia pulls the pick 6 so 31-18. And Concordia's Horan calls to go for ... one. They hit to make it 31-19. But going for one was the wrong play. They're down 12 still. Going for two (and making) would have made it 11, and that's a TD (and two) and FG. That's doable in 5 minutes with the Concordia offense. Being down 12 is the same as being down 13, or 14, or 15, or 16 (two TDs).

They should've gone for two:

- If they make it's a TD and FG game.

- If they miss it's still two TDs.

Thus ends the math lesson. There will be a drop quiz at a later date.

I'm curious...why does this score cause you to :lol: ?

Because I didn't think Northern Illinois was that good. Purdue was a two TD favorite and looked very good last week in Eugene, OR.

Just my opinion, but I think that's a big upset. You obviously don't think it was.

EDIT: Anytime a MAC team beats a decent Big 10 team, I think it is an upset. Just like the Central Michigan/Michigan State game last week. Purdue and Michigan State were both heavy favorites for both games.

Because I didn't think Northern Illinois was that good. Purdue was a two TD favorite and looked very good last week in Eugene, OR.

Just my opinion, but I think that's a big upset. You obviously don't think it was.

Just another MAC over Big Ten. Happens enough that I'm not surprised. Now if it was Western or Eastern Michigan actually beating a big name opponent, then I would go :lol:

Just another MAC over Big Ten. Happens enough that I'm not surprised.

Big Ten schools losing to MAC and FCS teams has become routine over the past few years, and thanks to the Big Ten network, these embarrassing "upsets" are now broadcast nationwide :lol:

FINAL:

USD - 51

Drake - 21

End of the 3rd:

Brown - 20

Stony Brook - 14

3rd Quarter:

Northern Arizona - 35

Southern Utah - 17

2nd quarter:

Stephen F. Austin - 20

Western Illinois - 14

2nd quarter:

Central Arkansas - 14

Western Kentucky - 7

2nd quarter:

Cal Poly - 3

Ohio U - 14

EDIT: I took too long. Jim beat me to it.