SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

UND Fan

Looking back, moving forward

Konrath returns

Senior wide receiver Ryan Konrath, who stayed behind in Lubbock after sustaining an injury, returned to Grand Forks today. He also returned to a standing ovation in the locker room, Mussman said.

Mussman said he his more optimistic on Konrath's status than he was on Saturday night.

Mussman also praised the Texas Tech staff. He said that Mike Leach spoke to with Konrath's father, Fred, at Texas Tech's practice on Sunday in Lubbock, and the medical staff was very supportive.

Regarding Konrath, Mussman said on the coaches' show that it was possible he could be ready to play as early as the Stephen F. Austin game, but that there was also still a chance he may not play at all the rest of the season. He did sound fairly optimistic, though.

The only other injury mentioned at all was Kasowski's, but I didn't get the impression his was very serious.

Regarding Konrath, Mussman said on the coaches' show that it was possible he could be ready to play as early as the Stephen F. Austin game, but that there was also still a chance he may not play at all the rest of the season. He did sound fairly optimistic, though.

The only other injury mentioned at all was Kasowski's, but I didn't get the impression his was very serious.

Do we know yet what Konrath's injury is?

Do we know yet what Konrath's injury is?

Listen to the Coaches Show available on FightingSioux.com. Even there Mussman is obscure and obtuse about the nature of it. Basically he said it was internal and may have required an invasive surgery. But nothing more specific. And that's fine by me. I'm more interested in full recovery than nature of injury.

From UND football: Raising the bar

Not much new...

UND held a handful of players out of practice last week, including starters Andrew Miller and Jeff Tescher. Both are expected to play this week against Northwestern State.Sioux receiver Ryan Konrath arrived back in Grand Forks on Wednesday after spending time in a Lubbock hospital.

He suffered an internal injury after taking a hit during the Texas Tech game.

Konrath, who made a spectacular catch in front of the Tech bench in the second quarter, arrived back at Memorial Stadium, while his teammates were in their pre-practice stretch.

He was greeted with a round of applause.

Konrath said he is holding out hope he can play again this season.

• 2 weeks later...