SiouxSports.com Forum

Kozek signs a contract

YaneA

so finley and kozek sign

the only other senior that was drafted and left from this class is watkins (drafted by dallas, round 5, #160 overall) i wonder if he signs with them or if dallas doesnt want to sign him he does what chris porter did and go where he can

im not sure if miller or martens end up anywhere, maybe echl?? maybe miller

duncan will sign somewhere, not sure what league though. ill guess AHL and zach jones will get a shot somewhere

undrafted seniors

duncan

jones

miller

martens

I think both Miller and Martens have a good shot at landing jobs in the ECHL, CHL, or overseas.

Heck, I even think Walski has a shot at the CHL. If Solei (UMN's third stringer) could get a pro contract, why can't Walski? And Walski has more game experience at the DI level than Solei.

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Uncle Andy Kozek buries 2 as the wolves win in a shut out 5-0!!!

Here is a link, and picture of him rocking #22...

http://www.chicagowolves.com/news/recaps/?article_id=905

Rich T

I wish he would have had more ice time here. He seemed to fit well at the end last year with Osh and Duncan. He ended up as a 4th liner with little power play time.

Anyone know anything about Amateur Tryout Contracts?

I know they are relatively short term and are not the most stable of contracts (meaning, you could get as little as one game before the contract is nullified by the team or as many as however many games left in that particular season).

Kozek is being referred to as having been signed by Atlanta in one spot , and to an ATO by Chicago AHL in another spot.

I guess I'm confused.

Anyone know anything about Amateur Tryout Contracts?

I know they are relatively short term and are not the most stable of contracts (meaning, you could get as little as one game before the contract is nullified by the team or as many as however many games left in that particular season).

Kozek is being referred to as having been signed by Atlanta in one spot , and to an ATO by Chicago AHL in another spot.

I guess I'm confused.

An ATO is only for the remainder of the remainder of the season, and the player can't be promoted to the NHL club as part of the deal. An ATO allows an AHL team to sign a college player whose season is over after the league's trade deadline.

An ATO is only for the remainder of the remainder of the season, and the player can't be promoted to the NHL club as part of the deal. An ATO allows an AHL team to sign a college player whose season is over after the league's trade deadline.

Doesn't hat also give them a chance to play and not count towards their fisrt deal.