SiouxSports.com Forum

THANK YOU SENIORS

Hambone

You 8 seniors are the definition of team first players.

You came in with a huge class 4 years ago. Most of you quietly stayed in the background working hard and moving forward while some of your classmates got most of the press (Toews, Oshie, Chorney, Lee). You have kept working with a NEVER QUIT attitude. You a probably the hardest working class that I have ever seen. None of you have ever hesitated to do what is best for the team without any question, whether it be sitting on the sidelines for the first part part of your career, switching positions, moving into different roles or whatever else was needed to help this team.

You have done what no other team has been able to do since 2004 - Win the league championship. Although a NCAA title gets more press, the WCHA championship is a MUCH harder task to accomplish and the only way to do it is to play unselfish and play as a team.

You are the perfect example of what it means to be a Fighting Sioux.

I feel so privilaged to have gotten to watch you for 4 years and because of you I have been extremely proud to say I am a Fighting Sioux fan. You have handled yourselves so incredibly both on and off the ice.

Good Luck to all of you. You will always have a special place in Fighting Sioux history. :(

You 8 seniors are the definition of team first players.

You came in with a huge class 4 years ago. Most of you quietly stayed in the background working hard and moving forward while some of your classmates got most of the press (Toews, Oshie, Chorney, Lee). You have kept working with a NEVER QUIT attitude. You a probably the hardest working class that I have ever seen. None of you have ever hesitated to do what is best for the team without any question, whether it be sitting on the sidelines for the first part part of your career, switching positions, moving into different roles or whatever else was needed to help this team.

You have done what no other team has been able to do since 2004 - Win the league championship. Although a NCAA title gets more press, the WCHA championship is a MUCH harder task to accomplish and the only way to do it is to play unselfish and play as a team.

You are the perfect example of what it means to be a Fighting Sioux.

I feel so privilaged to have gotten to watch you for 4 years and because of you I have been extremely proud to say I am a Fighting Sioux fan. You have handled yourselves so incredibly both on and off the ice.

Good Luck to all of you. You will always have a special place in Fighting Sioux history. :(

That pretty much sums it up!Amen!

Thanks to all the Seniors, but Specifically...

Walski - The epitome of teamate! Good luck in the future

Martens - Another guy who showed he had it without much playing time early...

Miller -Great Show, thanks for stepping up and playing D...

Jones - Great Goal, congrats again!

Watkins - Perm Boy, man I will miss ribbing you on your mop! Good Luck in Dallas, with your work ethic I am sure we will see you in the Big Show Soon...

Uncle Andy Kozek - Thanks for warming up JPL/Eids the last 4 years, and for handing out pucks at each game. You gave my son his first puck and for that you will be part of our family forever...Thanks for all the auto's...We will watch your Sniper ability in Carolina where players will pass you the puck on a dime!

Big Joe - Here's to a healthy recovery...I anxiously wait to see you fight some of these dudes you have called out the last few years...Stoa/Wheeler/Bruess...Man I can't wait to see what happens...

© Ryan Duncan, thanks for being a great Captain! I will miss seeing #16 Flying around out there...I will also miss you winning the Player of the Game at the Ralph after a teamate had a Hat Trick...My only guess is you will land in either St Louis or Chicago...I will guess the Blues...Have a great Career! And Thanks...

Until 09, Go Sioux

Three trips to the Frozen Four, a MacNaughton Cup, and a Championship Banner that will forever hang from the rafters. Playing with a Hobey winner and a raft of pros. Getting degrees. Staying on a commitment to yourselves, your families, and your teammates for four hard fun-filled years. Making their coaches look good year in and year out.

I'll take a crop like this any day. Congratulations men.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to say CONGRATS to Ryan Duncan, Brad Miller, Ryan Martens, Zach Jones, and Aaron Walski who graduated with me today! Great work finishing your degrees and best of luck wherever you end up in life! :D

Agreed, very cool seeing those guys one last time. ;)