SiouxSports.com Forum

Sunday skate after the Final 5?

revolutionz

So, it looks like the SS.com vs. POI/ all-WCHA skate is not going to happen this year, due to lack of commitment from whomever. My thoughts are this: Myself, along with two others would like to skate in the cities the sunday after the Final 5 like usual. My guess is there are others on this board that share the same feelings. I am thinking we may have enough interest from the members of this board to make it happen as a SS.com only skate. I would be willing to organize the rink rental if we could get enough people confirmed to show up for the skate. Post here if this is something you are interested in doing, lets make this happen! :(

afterthought: if we cant get quite enough people from SS.com alone, maybe some of the guys that post on here from the gopher forum could get a few people from there that may want to skate also, maybe it can turn into a forum vs forum skate again? I know in the past, the POI team we have played is actually a city league team that plays down in the cities, but there has to be enough people on that board that play hockey that are not on that team? Either way, this could be a good time for all involved!

-Nate

well thats 11 so far then, we are getting closer to making this happen. bertibm, if we get enough together, would you be willing to set up the ice rental? (I'm assuming you live in the cities...) If not, my buddy's brother lives in the cities, and I will just have him help me out with it, or maybe one of the arenas will take a cc over the phone for the ice time. Either way, just let me know!

-Nate

Haha, good question, totally forgot about that part of it! If he could skate that would be good, then we would only need to secure one more goalie. We all know how hard goalies are to come by.... :(

Phat's bro may know a goalie that wants to play.

I'll play and i'm sure Big Chief is in as well. I can round up another handful of players if we don't find SS.com members. Cutter- You should play this year!

I'd love to but I'm playing in a tournament up in International Falls.