SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on TV next week against UW?

undchris

Crazy thing for me, I'm getting 90% signal quality on the Dish channel - you'd think I'd be smilin?

With the Traxis DBS try a pid scan......

From the Dish channel.......

menu to the channel screen

Select TV Channel list

OK

Hit #5

Enter 0000

Hit #5 Create

Go to TP Index

Select the Sioux transponder

Enter these Pids

Add a quick name Sioux (or just S for speed)

Video 481

Audio 482

PCR 481

save and exit

You may then have to scan the transponder again.

With the Traxis DBS try a pid scan......

From the Dish channel.......

menu to the channel screen

Select TV Channel list

OK

Hit #5

Enter 0000

Hit #5 Create

Go to TP Index

Select the Sioux transponder

Enter these Pids

Add a quick name Sioux (or just S for speed)

Video 481

Audio 482

PCR 481

save and exit

You may then have to scan the transponder again.

Just tried, but I think the signal is probably already gone.

I tried frequencies from 11830-11850, I found 3 stations at 11850, but none were FSSN. All with SR of 4880.

Found these three with blind scan...I had the same problem and couldn't pick up the feed I was on 121WL (could see the Dish welcome screen). I even manually put in the coordinates still no signal. I'll try Pete's possible solution tonight.

The cameramen weren't very good. They couldn't keep up with the puck!
Agree. I was watching with 5 others in my basement and we were all commenting on how much the camera seemed to be missing. Makes you really appreciate the guys at WDAZ. Also, didn't it seem like the camera was far away from the action? Is the Kohl center that big? P.S. The announcers were so much easier to listen to than Frank and Wooger.

Could someone let me know as soon as the feed is up so I can start searching for it again tonight. Hoping for better results than last night?!

Don't know if it will help, but, if you're motorized, I had to set the satellite position to 122.2W in USALS to get the signal strength up to 70 (mid 40's prior to the change), it was very low to begin with, even though I had 70 on the dish pointing channel prior to the Sioux game powering up. After the change the dishnetwork channel was up to 79, and the Sioux game, 70.

Don't know if it will help, but, if you're motorized, I had to set the satellite position to 122.2W in USALS to get the signal strength up to 70 (mid 40's prior to the change), it was very low to begin with, even though I had 70 on the dish pointing channel prior to the Sioux game powering up. After the change the dishnetwork channel was up to 79, and the Sioux game, 70.

I would think that I'm pointed correctly because I have over 90% with the dish pointing channel?

I would think that I'm pointed correctly because I have over 90% with the dish pointing channel?

Not a traxis? 70 is very good on the traxis, but the slight turn west added 9 more points to my quality on dish, and 25-30 more on the game channel. I've never seen anything like it on any other satellite;very strange.

Not a traxis? 70 is very good on the traxis, but the slight turn west added 9 more points to my quality on dish, and 25-30 more on the game channel. I've never seen anything like it on any other satellite.

I have a traxis.

I think I'm looking at everything correctly? I'm on the "Congratulations ..." screen, says I'm pointed at 121 W and when I go to TP scan the signal intensity is 90% and the signal quality is 55%. Says the frequency is 12016 and sr is 20000.

I have a traxis.

I think I'm looking at everything correctly? I'm on the "Congratulations ..." screen, says I'm pointed at 121 W and when I go to TP scan the signal intensity is 90% and the signal quality is 55%. Says the frequency is 12016 and sr is 20000.

If I recall correctly, signal QUALITY is the one that matters. I get 70% on the dish channel with my Traxis, but I was not able to scan in the feed yesterday.

I have a traxis.

Intensity means little; the quality is what you want to raise, The pointing channel should be in the high 70s. If you have a motor, go into the usals menu and start bumping the motor several clicks west or east(arrow down to movement in the USALS screen, when there use the left and right arrows to go east or west, note the screen shows which direction you're going with each click). You should see that quality rise; use the game tp.

The feed powered up about 5 minutes ago.

BTW, click into the USALS menu in the antenna setup screen. Once you determine which direction and how many clicks you have to go, change the satellite longitude in the USALS menu to force the dish in the direction where you're getting more quality. Intensity probably won't change, but worry about the quality only.

I'm dumb, I was looking at intensity the whole time, when it was quality that I need. Well, with some time spent on the roof, I got the feed to start the 2nd period. Thanks for all the help.

the way things are going tonight you may want to move your dish back to it's original position... :sad:

I'm dumb, I was looking at intensity the whole time, when it was quality that I need. Well, with some time spent on the roof, I got the feed to start the 2nd period. Thanks for all the help.

Having watched the second period. were you upset that you climbed on your roof?

Now, the question is, will this weekend's Tech series remain on 121W, go back to 91W, or somewhere else. Last season, when the REA changed satellites for the road Duluth series, the games stayed there for the rest of the season.