SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU QB

siouxfbfan

How has this not come up yet? I know we have our own troubles to worry about but can you imagine if this had happened here what they would be saying down there.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/arti...3/group/sports/

Let them do that. We all know what they would be saying and doing if it were our guy.

IMO, the kid made a mistake in judgment and will be punished accordingly. I will leave it at that. Many kids that age make mistakes of that kind. Hopefully he learns from it and moves on. I'm not going to make judgments on kids from their mistakes in college. I made my fair share, that's for sure.

How has this not come up yet? I know we have our own troubles to worry about but can you imagine if this had happened here what they would be saying down there.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/arti...3/group/sports/

Yeah they would be all over it tearing it apart but the bottom line is the player made a mistake and will have to suffer the consequences. This stuff happens unfortunately and coach bohl can decide how he would like to handle it.

Yeah they would be all over it tearing it apart but the bottom line is the player made a mistake and will have to suffer the consequences. This stuff happens unfortunately and coach bohl can decide how he would like to handle it.

I don't remember a lot of piling on by Bison fans about the recent arrests of UND players. Maybe I missed it. I don't believe Mr. Jackson will be back with the team next year. I'm not sure you can compare a possession of marajuana charge with aggregative assault charges, but go ahead and have fun with it.

And likewise, you are not seeing any piling on by Sioux fans regarding this incident.

I'm not saying Sioux fans will, but the first three UND posters on this thread seemed to agree that NDSU fans would be hammering on this if it were a UND player. I just don't think that would be the case.

I'm sorry, but suspending someone for 2 games is no punishment at all....Jesus, does the kid have to show up with 10 grams of coke before he's kicked off the team? And before the excuse makers start piling on, we are not talking about drinking alcohol, but using an illegal substance regardless of the age of the user!

Sound harsh? Not really when you compare it to the actions of people who are caught using weed during work related drug tests - they get fired! Period! Not 2 days suspended pay and then come back...

Lastly, please understand that I'm not asking for the kid to be crucified, but something along the lines of kicked off the football team with possibility of re-instatement in one year if he drug tests clean would be an option versus a 2 game suspension at the start of the year!

BobIwabuchiFan

PS I think you will do better with Merten's this year anyway..... :D

I'm sorry, but suspending someone for 2 games is no punishment at all....Jesus, does the kid have to show up with 10 grams of coke before he's kicked off the team? And before the excuse makers start piling on, we are not talking about drinking alcohol, but using an illegal substance regardless of the age of the user!

Sound harsh? Not really when you compare it to the actions of people who are caught using weed during work related drug tests - they get fired! Period! Not 2 days suspended pay and then come back...

Lastly, please understand that I'm not asking for the kid to be crucified, but something along the lines of kicked off the football team with possibility of re-instatement in one year if he drug tests clean would be an option versus a 2 game suspension at the start of the year!

BobIwabuchiFan

PS I think you will do better with Merten's this year anyway..... :D

Jackson is a JUCO that started with the team this last year. The upcoming season will be his final year of eligibility. Effectively, Bohl has suspended him for about 20% of his remaining career. Agree or disagree with Bohl's choice, suspending him for the season would've been the same as kicking him off the team permanently.

You mean like a certain incident discussed on bisonville.com?

Did you actually read the thread? Half of it was discussing someone's technical problems with the Herald's website, and most of the rest was commiserating that any program is one slip away from that kind of news. I think I only counted two, maybe three, posts that could truly be considered "piling on", and even those were jokes about other areas that used B. Kelley's situation as a tie in(Mr. Burgandy's post).

Did you actually read the thread? Half of it was discussing someone's technical problems with the Herald's website, and most of the rest was commiserating that any program is one slip away from that kind of news. I think I only counted two, maybe three, posts that could truly be considered "piling on", and even those were jokes about other areas that used B. Kelley's situation as a tie in(Mr. Burgandy's post).

Yes I read the thread, hence my link reference. I counted five, maybe six. Refresh my memory again; what's the cutoff for it to be considered "piling on"? Maybe I was a few short. My bad.:D

For it to be even listed in as a Smack thread shows an intent that is "piling on", whatever the content. Seems there are more than a fair share of Bison posters - that includes you, BisonDan - who take to schoolgirl giggles whenever UND has any kind of adverse situation.