SiouxSports.com Forum

Crookston webcast

jimdahl

I don't know what in the heck was going on, but I tried to watch the Webcast of the UND-Crookston game and couldn't get it to run at all. I logged on three separate times. I received three e-mails saying that I had successfully created an account. But every time I clicked on the link to watch, nothing happened. My account information shows that I watched the game several times, but I saw nothing.

I e-mailed DataFlix and they responded. None of their suggestions worked. Strangely, I was able to watch the third quarter of the Grizzlies and Bison via the Montana Webcast. I can also log on to other Web sites and watch streaming video using Windows Media Player 9 and the latest version of JavaScript. But DataFlix doesn't like something about my system. :glare:

I tried turning off pop-up ad protection because that interferes sometimes. I tried turning off my Norton Internet Security firewall. I uninstalled all media players on my PC and re-installed the latest version on Windows Media Player 9 and the latest version of JavaScript. Finally, I did a complete reinstall of Windows XP.

Nothing I did made any difference. I can't even watch any of the free content on DataFlix.

Regarding NDSU, anyone else noticed that they have two guys wearing the #1 today? The kicker (Vartanian) and Allen Burrell. What gives? Anyone?

That happens when you have a roster of over 100 players. Football only uses #1- #99 so there is usually some duplication. Just think what it's like to keep track of a team like Carson-Newman that has over 200 players reporting to camp. I think there might be some rule that two players that share a number cannot play the same position.

That happens when you have a roster of over 100 players. Football only uses #1- #99 so there is usually some duplication. Just think what it's like to keep track of a team like Carson-Newman that has over 200 players reporting to camp. I think there might be some rule that two players that share a number cannot play the same position.

Thanks for the explanation. I still see it as odd, though, because there is absolutely no way NDSU is going to play 100 players. UND has duplicate #'s on the roster as well, but the duplicates are usually seniors and true freshmen that are red-shirting.

It still has to drive the statisticians nutso.

I now know that the problem I had with the Webcast lies somewhere with Norton Internet Security. If I totally disable NIS (as opposed to just turning off the firewall), I can watch the free video clips on DataFlix.

However, that is not an acceptable solution. Either I need to know how to configure NIS to allow the Webcast through or DataFlix needs to figure out what's happening that cause NIS to block the Webcast.

As I mentioned above, I can watch streaming video from many other Web sites that use Windows Media Player and Java with absolutely no problem. Because turning off the NIS firewall doesn't solve the problem, I assume that DataFlix is doing something that NIS intrusion detection interprets as an attack that must be blocked.

Is streaming audio still available from somewhere, for fb games and, eventually, hockey? Couldn't find a link to a fb broadcast yesterday.

At the office where I get a 222 stream, the webcast quality was better than I've watched in the past. At home, however, with the same broadband bandwidth, my old system just doesn't handle that stream, and backs off to a 40-50 stream, rather poor quality, not good enough to pay for (until I get a newer system).