SiouxSports.com Forum

The Second Half Surge: Math or Myth

Dave Berger

yeah, Fienhage is so green, and I'm not talking his jersey color. Blood looks like a freshman out there (which he is), but considering that he is getting ice over fienhage means CF isn't quite ready for a playoff run. Defense is tough to learn against D1 forwards in playoff hockey. We need to sweep this weekend.

i havent heard anything that suggests jones will be out for the playoff run as a whole so lets hope hes back this week and if not then the cc series for sure. if hes out this weekend then fienhage gets a great chance at some big time games. it is a hell of a position to grasp at this level, no doubt about it. you are correct, a sweep is a must.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Fienhage is so green, and I'm not talking his jersey color. Blood looks like a freshman out there (which he is), but considering that he is getting ice over fienhage means CF isn't quite ready for a playoff run. Defense is tough to learn against D1 forwards in playoff hockey. We need to sweep this weekend.

Fienhage may be green as you say, but I was impressed the few times I have seen him. He is a big, stay at home dman with decent footwork. It is not his fault that we have 8 dmen now as Finley is back and they kept Miller back on the blueline. He was a highly touted defensive dman who will be an integral part of Sioux teams for the next few years, so I don't see him getting playing time as a bad thing. The only way to get game experience is be allowed chances to play in games, so from that side of it, I hope Jonesey is back and both Blood and Fienhage play this weekend.

i havent heard anything that suggests jones will be out for the playoff run as a whole so lets hope hes back this week and if not then the cc series for sure. if hes out this weekend then fienhage gets a great chance at some big time games. it is a hell of a position to grasp at this level, no doubt about it. you are correct, a sweep is a must.

Also lets remember Jones has been 5/6 D in the rotation since Jan. The pressure point isn't Fienhage being our #6 D, its moving Jones/Blood into the 3/4 slot that's more precarious.

I would have to pull out the DVD and watch the game again to be sure, but if memory serves correctly I thought JPar was left hung out to dry by the defense on almost every goal he gave up in that game. I don't recall any of the goals being cheap or flukey :huh:

I don't know if I would say we had the better team, but the first 3 goals he gave up were not good if I recall.

I don't know if I would say we had the better team, but the first 3 goals he gave up were not good if I recall.

is that the game they beat him high like 3 times? if so then yes he may have been hung out but BC also knew something or saw something that game and sniped him over and over

is that the game they beat him high like 3 times? if so then yes he may have been hung out but BC also knew something or saw something that game and sniped him over and over

Yes, high every time. Defense left him hung out all year and they were saves he made all year, so that was the disappointment.

Last year JPL was hung out way more than Jpar. If I recall on BC's first two goals they beat Jpar from shots from the top of the circle or there abouts.

Yes, high every time. Defense left him hung out all year and they were saves he made all year, so that was the disappointment.

yes i remember now. both at fault but damn hard to watch. i remember being there and just shaking my head like. oh dam. we are in trouble

like me last year.

no last year was much much worse. hell i was sitting there and after the 1st goal i got a very bad feeling and then i looked at my ticket again and instead of the frozen 4 i think i read THE NATHAN GERBE SHOW - PEPSI CENTER APRIL 2008 :huh: man that was awful and that was a true team effort. i think half of the people i went with was back at brooklyns bar by early 2nd period :D

no last year was much much worse. hell i was sitting there and after the 1st goal i got a very bad feeling and then i looked at my ticket again and instead of the frozen 4 i think i read THE NATHAN GERBE SHOW - PEPSI CENTER APRIL 2008 :huh: man that was awful and that was a true team effort. i think half of the people i went with was back at brooklyns bar by early 2nd period :D

The last 3 YEARS have been tough to watch. My family has banned me from going to anymore FF's, as obviously, i'm the reason we haven't won, i'm 0-3. My bad. ;)

The last 3 YEARS have been tough to watch. My family has banned me from going to anymore FF's, as obviously, i'm the reason we haven't won, i'm 0-3. My bad. :huh:

I'm glad to hear that it is your fault. And here I had been thinking it was either my Dad's or my fault for the last 3 years as we have been at those as well. Makes for a long weekend when you are the afternoon game and you lose right away. Just to be on the safe side, I think I'll stay home this year if they make it.