SiouxSports.com Forum

Houston Baptist Wins Lawsuit Against NCAA

star2city

Houston Baptist Transition Time Reduced From 7 to 4 years

Among the requirements will be an NCAA-conducted compliance review scheduled for this spring. The school must also continue to file annual reports and update its strategic plans along with completing a self-study and evaluation.

HBU’s ordeal began shortly after the school returned to Division I status in early 2007 following a 17-year stint as an NAIA program. The Huskies were supposed to have a four-year probationary period, but the span was increased to seven years after a letter from NCAA president Myles Brand stated the constitution governing the probation period had been changed by an “editorial revision” that did not require a vote of Division I membership.

The Huskies filed a state lawsuit last March and a federal lawsuit in April, the latter alleging the NCAA had violated U.S. antitrust laws by delaying the NCAA Tournament eligibility of the Huskies and other new Division I schools.

With Houston Baptist now having full DI membership in 2011, they become an attractive target to conferences (including the Summit League.)

Since Houston Baptist was transitioning from NAIA (but was formerly DI in the 70/80's), not sure why Utah Valley (was a JC) couldn't petition the NCAA and obtain full membership now.

Baptist won't ever be a target of the Summit unless it all goes to hell. We're trying to get rid of Cent., not add schools even farther south!

Now if UVSU gets full membership, that could be a nightmare as SUU might want them in. But we gotta try to get rid of SUU, too far away.

Baptist won't ever be a target of the Summit unless it all goes to hell. We're trying to get rid of Cent., not add schools even farther south!

Now if UVSU gets full membership, that could be a nightmare as SUU might want them in. But we gotta try to get rid of SUU, too far away.

Who is this "WE" you keep referring to? Do you have a turd in your pocket? You are the only person I have ever heard talk about this and beat it to death. Give it up it's not going to happen.

You and your turd in your pocket have some really strange ideas. I have never heard anywhere that anyone is trying to get rid of SUU or Cent. Core members are rather important to a conference. What a foolish statement. :lol:

I think it's :lol: so-o-o-o-o-o cu-u-u-u-u-ute :lol: when Bison fans:

a) come to the board of a school they "no longer care about" to

b) debate conference membership of a conference said "no longer care about" school is not even in, and

c) in the process, end up ripping each other to shreds.

That's good stuff. :lol:

I think it's :lol: so-o-o-o-o-o cu-u-u-u-u-ute :lol: when Bison fans:

b) debate conference membership of a conference said "no longer care about" school is not even in, and

That's good stuff. :lol:

Actually I do have an interest in the Summit...... :lol:

Jesus, can't the bison fans keep MSPBISon on their own damn board? This guy is about as arrogant as you can get...Is he part of the Summit conference governing body now?

Isn't there a rule or some policy we can make up for this guy in particular? Where the hell is Chapman's body gaurd when you need him!!! :D \

BobIwabuchiFan

Jesus, can't the bison fans keep MSPBISon on their own damn board? This guy is about as arrogant as you can get...Is he part of the Summit conference governing body now?

Isn't there a rule or some policy we can make up for this guy in particular? Where the hell is Chapman's body gaurd when you need him!!! :D \

BobIwabuchiFan

My opinions are aligned with the controlling interests of the Summit League. :D

BobIwabuchiFan

He's been kicked off it.

I think it's :D so-o-o-o-o-o cu-u-u-u-u-ute :D when Bison fans:

That's good stuff. :D

With the actions of GF legislators, Sioux Fans and the UND admin pushing the issue in the press and in Bismarck Bison fans have been dragged into many topic's relating to UND and the status of conference membership whether it be the Summit or any other conference. Like Wyo said what happens with NDSU's conference's is of interest to Bison fans. Regarding MNPLS his posts are just more comical then anything else. This also may be the only venue he has to post on before to long if he keeps getting into pissing matches on the only Bison board that still allows him to post. But we recognize his posts for what they are, smack, rumor and just general BS.