SiouxSports.com Forum

Watching Sioux/Gophers in Fargo

BudLight

I know there's quite a few Sioux fans in Fargo, and I'm assuming not everyone will be making the trek to GF this weekend for the series. Is anyone wanting to get together somewhere with a bunch of people for these games? Or are there good bars/restaurants that a lot of Sioux fans go to watch the games? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, are the games on regular cable or Dish in Fargo? I would assume they would be, at least for this weekend!

I know there's quite a few Sioux fans in Fargo, and I'm assuming not everyone will be making the trek to GF this weekend for the series. Is anyone wanting to get together somewhere with a bunch of people for these games? Or are there good bars/restaurants that a lot of Sioux fans go to watch the games? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, are the games on regular cable or Dish in Fargo? I would assume they would be, at least for this weekend!

A lot of Sioux Fans go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch. I am one of them usually but heading to Cali in morning so won't be there this weekend. They have a lot of TV's and are brand new. Try it out...U will like

A lot of Sioux Fans go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch. I am one of them usually but heading to Cali in morning so won't be there this weekend. They have a lot of TV's and are brand new. Try it out...U will like

You're talking about the BWW on the south end right? That is a nice sports bar.

The new Applebee's north of the Fargodome is also a good place to watch the game. The seating in the bar is small but if you get a table, there are about 12 plasma's around the bar and you get the speaker box at your table for volume. The OB Sports bar is also a cool place to watch a game. They have the same setup with more seating and larger plasmas

The new Applebee's north of the Fargodome is also a good place to watch the game. The seating in the bar is small but if you get a table, there are about 12 plasma's around the bar and you get the speaker box at your table for volume. The OB Sports bar is also a cool place to watch a game. They have the same setup with more seating and larger plasmas

You going to the games this weekend?

You going to the games this weekend?

Friday's at BWW south rock. Saturday's not so much. I'd try out AppleBees, the OB, Mom's, Hooligan's, The Penalty Box (what better place to catch a game?). Anywhere but BWW south.

Actually that's where I'll probably go if I go out Saturday. The place is usually packed for big Sioux games (unless the Sioux get rolled on Fri, then it'll be just kind of busy on Saturday). I just don't want to end up sitting in the restaurant because the bar is too packed. So head North everyone!

GO SIOUX!

• 1 month later...
I just heard that Grand Forks was going to televise this weekend's series, I'm clueless as how to find out how to watch this in Fargo. Any help?

Unless Midco steps up to the plate, the only way to watch the game is to drive up to GF! I have already emailed Midcontinent in protest of them not showing the games in Fargo. Right now they have the all important University of Mary vs Augustana basketball game in the Friday time slot. 5 basketball viewers vs. thousands of potential Sioux Fans. I don't get it??? Hopefully enough emails will persuade them to air the hockey games!

I posted this in the game thread as to why its only showing in Grand Forks area

or maybe Midco paid the rights to show it in Grand Forks area only

Basically they paid some rights fee to GCI and are plucking it out of the sky. If they try and rebroadcast it on FSSN then there is some extra issues

-they have to pay for the transponder space for G11

-they probably would have to pay more to GCI cable

-they need to remodulate it and resend it out

Since Midco has nothing to do with CableOne in Fargo, it should be Fargo you should complain to. CableOne just picks up the FSSN signal like other companies do in the ND/SD/MN area

Unless Midco steps up to the plate, the only way to watch the game is to drive up to GF! I have already emailed Midcontinent in protest of them not showing the games in Fargo. Right now they have the all important University of Mary vs Augustana basketball game in the Friday time slot. 5 basketball viewers vs. thousands of potential Sioux Fans. I don't get it??? Hopefully enough emails will persuade them to air the hockey games!

Instead of driving to GF, you could drive to Hillsboro, Mayville or somewhere between Fargo & GF that get's the Midcontinent feed from GF

I posted this in the game thread as to why its only showing in Grand Forks area

Since Midco has nothing to do with CableOne in Fargo, it should be Fargo you should complain to. CableOne just picks up the FSSN signal like other companies do in the ND/SD/MN area

Some of us have Midco in the Fargo area! Why should it be any different than GF???