SiouxSports.com Forum

Fresh Gopher Taunts

YaneA

Does anyone have any fresh ideas for signs taunting our learned scholar-opponents from the University of Minnesota? The old stand-bys are great: "Goph-Busters" or "Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Excuses," e.g., but I'm looking for something new. Any ideas, post 'em here. Can somebody find those pictures of signs in the student section from a couple of years ago?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hav some students learn the name of a few players relatives :D always funny chants in any rivalry :D just keep it in good fun.........

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSelect.db...amp;SPSID=38856

Yeah, we have that one covered. We take it to a little more personal level, however. My friends and I have sat directly next to the opponent's penalty box for the past three years, and the security guard that's always in the box is cool with us unabashedly taunting the opposing players that are in there.

My buddy's brother has been pretty clutch this year. He has had the names of the parents, sisters, and the major of every player for every game thus far. We have gotten some pretty interesting looks from some players that didn't know what sort of fans there are at the REA.

Yeah, we have that one covered. We take it to a little more personal level, however. My friends and I have sat directly next to the opponent's penalty box for the past three years, and the security guard that's always in the box is cool with us unabashedly taunting the opposing players that are in there.

My buddy's brother has been pretty clutch this year. He has had the names of the parents, sisters, and the major of every player for every game thus far. We have gotten some pretty interesting looks from some players that didn't know what sort of fans there are at the REA.

perfect. good work. do you guys bring sheets of papaer with info for everyone as well with maybe chants you do? thats a great way to get everyone going as many schools and sports do that :D

Here's a couple...

M-I-N-N-I-S-C-R-O-T-U-M

We Love FSN...Doug and "the Rug"

Stick it in your Mazzocc-hole

U of M... Your Jersey Popping, Hair Dyin', Holy Cross Losing Leader!

Where's Guentzel?

Welcome to Mariucci North

Goldy's Our Bich

Here's a couple...

M-I-N-N-I-S-C-R-O-T-U-M

Where's Guentzel?

Goldy's Our Bich

love the one bolded

Here's a couple...

M-I-N-N-I-S-C-R-O-T-U-M

Where's Guentzel?

Goldy's Our Bich

That would be making fun of UND.

"ND ROAD TO VICTORY:

Unplowed [picture of drifted-in street]

Plowed [picture of Sioux player laying down bone-crushing hit on hapless Go4]"

"Minnesota Five-Hole: [picture of opening between Kang's legs]

Minnesota A-Hole: [picture of rube in Gopher Hockey shirt or of Woog or Maz or Dark Star]"

on a similar theme...

"Hockey Stick: [picture of such a stick]

Dip Stick: [picture of rube in Gopher shirt, Woog, Maz or Dark Star]"

"ND ROAD TO VICTORY:

Unplowed [picture of drifted-in street]

Plowed [picture of Sioux player laying down bone-crushing hit on hapless Go4]"

"Minnesota Five-Hole: [picture of opening between Kang's legs]

Minnesota A-Hole: [picture of rube in Gopher Hockey shirt or of Woog or Maz or Dark Star]"

on a similar theme...

"Hockey Stick: [picture of such a stick]

Dip Stick: [picture of rube in Gopher shirt, Woog, Maz or Dark Star]"

You can use a picture of me for that one if you want! :D

Goldy's Our Bich

Welcome to Mariucci North? Well, I'd prefer Mariucci West but thanks for the compliment. You're right, its going to be the GOPHERS house this weekend.

Goldy is no one's "bich", Goldy is the man. Do you even have a mascot? Let me reiterate, GOLDY IS THE MAN!!

Welcome to Mariucci North? Well, I'd prefer Mariucci West but thanks for the compliment. You're right, its going to be the GOPHERS house this weekend.

Goldy is no one's "bich", Goldy is the man. Do you even have a mascot? Let me reiterate, GOLDY IS THE MAN!!

ummm, that goldy is a bich obviously went over your head. i doubt it had to do with if hes a man or woman ;) and please with the gophers house this weekend and no we dont have a mascot thank god. respectfully we dont and thats a good thing and do people really defend people dressed up in a furry costume like its their own parents or siblings like you do ;):D

oh..........how do you know goldy is a man? really? how..................looks like a IT to me :D

anyone ever see the ENTOURAGE episode with the furries costumes? ill leave it at that :D