SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

1104toews.jpg

Sure nice to come into a week off a sweep for the first time all season. 14 total goals in 2 games was great to see. Keep it up against the Huskies. The Sioux come off a 10-1 Friday pounding Harvard and then a Saturday night 4-3 win for the sweep. SCSU comes off a home and home sweep of the MSU Mavericks. Lets get that first stick salute of the year at home.....GO SIOUX.............

LAST SEASON - Jan 4-5 at SCSU the teams split. Huskies 3-2 Friday and the Sioux 6-2 Saturday. March 7-8 in Grand Forks. Friday 1-1 tie and Saturday 2-2 tie - Each teams record being 1-1-2.

WCHA STANDINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 7-8-1 (.469)

WCHA: 4-5-1, 9 points

Home: 3-3-0

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCSU played pretty well this weekend. I've been to a few of their games this year and they can play really well at time and then struggle. Still bugs the heck out of me when they start to push and shove and then skate away or behind the ref. Many times last night Roe started something or takes a dive and then trash talks as he goes behind the ref. Every time we play them its a great series. I would love a sweep as I work with a lot of the SCSU season ticket holders. Go Sioux!

In looking at the records I think 4-5-1 on the road isn't too bad. Looking at SCSU's record they have played 6 games on the road and are 2-4-0

who are the frickin genius' that did our scheduling this year as we'll end up with 17 home games and 21 games on the road or "neutral sites". I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we're the only program that will play more games away than at home. ???

who are the frickin genius' that did our scheduling this year as we'll end up with 17 home games and 21 games on the road or "neutral sites". I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we're the only program that will play more games away than at home. ???

It seems that the 4 game discrepancy are the icebreaker tournament and the Great Lakes Invitational. Now you can complain that those aren't at home, but they are two of the premier tournaments in the country.

I imagine it brings some prestige. I for one am proud that my team doesn't pick just the cupcakes to play.

It seems that the 4 game discrepancy are the icebreaker tournament and the Great Lakes Invitational. Now you can complain that those aren't at home, but they are two of the premier tournaments in the country.

I imagine it brings some prestige. I for one am proud that my team doesn't pick just the cupcakes to play.

I never said pick cupcakes.

Well if you want a home tournament you're going to get some cupcakes. What did we get when we held our own tournament? Brown? I don't recall the other teams being prestigious either.

I never said "holiday cupcake tournament" either. new hampshire was here last year for a non tournament, maine has been here. how about trying to get michigan, miami or notre dame to come here on a home and home?

I never said "holiday cupcake tournament" either. new hampshire was here last year for a non tournament, maine has been here. how about trying to get michigan, miami or notre dame to come here on a home and home?

Isn't Michigan tied up with their own Great Lakes Tournament and the one with M. State, Wisconsin and the Goophers?

I know we got Notre Dame here to play NOT so long ago. Of course that was before they really accomplished their turnaround.

I'm sure the Sioux try to get more quality opponents to come here. That point was made by the Cornell coach last week when he said he respects ND because they're willing to make a deal to go out East in exchange for a home game. He said that other teams such as the BADgers and Goophers won't do that.

hak schedules the east coast trips and non conference games on neutral sites for one reasona and thats for the NC$$ tourney when you may get sent out eas. i hear siouxweet on the home games thing but i think that will change year by year by a game or 2 and who we have contracts with. im glad they go on the road every season and play tough teams as some other teams dont and never have due to different reasons.

GO SIOUX

As well as E is playing, SCSU will score...more because our D will hang E out to dry! Don't think the winner of either game will score less than 4 goals and I don't see us scoring 4 or more in both games. I say this weekend has Splitsville written all over it.

If Mario plays, then we sweep! ???

scsu can score but they arent a offensive powerhouse by any means. first to 4 wins either game ???

before scoring 4 and 6 this last weeekend at mankato scsu scored 1 goal in their previous 2 games so who knows. they have scored 1 goal 3 times this season and been shutout once as well by uw. have the sioux broken out? scoring 22 goals i their last 4 games with 1 game scoring 1 goal and the other 3 games being 7 goals, 10 goals and 4 goals...........the sioux have scored 50 goals total on the season and scsu has scored 59 total goals...scsu has 27 total goals in 10 wcha games and the sioux have scored 25 total goals in 10 wcha games.

sioux stats

scsu stats

the sioux have given up 49 total goals on the season and 32 in wcha play - scsu has given up 38 total goals and 25 goals in wcha play

sioux sweep and go 1 game over .500 into the break and grab 4 very important wcha points with their next wcha series not until a month away vs umtc

5-4

4-2

Isn't Michigan tied up with their own Great Lakes Tournament and the one with M. State, Wisconsin and the Goophers?

I know we got Notre Dame here to play NOT so long ago. Of course that was before they really accomplished their turnaround.

I'm sure the Sioux try to get more quality opponents to come here. That point was made by the Cornell coach last week when he said he respects ND because they're willing to make a deal to go out East in exchange for a home game. He said that other teams such as the BADgers and Goophers won't do that.

Between hosting the Holiday Classic and the Hockey Showcase, the gophers have 2-4 games they can schedule. I would prefer that they drop the Holiday Classic and work on some sort of tourney like the pre-season NIT in hoops. Maybe a true college hockey showcase where 8 teams like...BU, BC, Maine, UND, UMN, Michigan, Miami, UNH etc would play a rolling tourney. One year UND hosts Michigan, BU and Maine, While BC hosts UMN, Maine and Vermont. The next year Michigan hosts Northeastern, UMN and Maine etc. The HE, Minnesota WCHA and CCHA schools could schedule themselves in the first round to help their schedules if necessary. Kind of defeats the purpose.. The challenge is you need 4 teams and there are 3 power conferences. I understand why you have holiday tourneys $$ and local exposure. I think in the long run, getting the Boston/Minnesota type rivalry from the 80's going again, BC/UND from today is better for college hockey. Or maybe take the Frozen Four from the last year and play in a warm climate in December and play off the emotion from last April. If you make the FF you get a scheduling allowance. Not perfect, I know. I think all premier program hockey fans would rather see their teams play UNH, BC, UMI, UND, UMN, BU and Vermont types on a regular basis than Harvard, Brown or Union. Pipe dream. ???

Well if you want a home tournament you're going to get some cupcakes. What did we get when we held our own tournament? Brown? I don't recall the other teams being prestigious either.

i believe they opened that tournement against wayne state and played brown for the championship. if we are talking about the same thing

As well as E is playing, SCSU will score...more because our D will hang E out to dry! Don't think the winner of either game will score less than 4 goals and I don't see us scoring 4 or more in both games. I say this weekend has Splitsville written all over it.

If Mario plays, then we sweep! ???

If our D are the problem, why are we out shooting our opponents (33.5 to 28.5 ave.)?

Our GA/D is fine - we need our scorers to keep scoring - Harvard is a good start. Let's make it a trend this weekend.

our D have been just fine. they make mistakes here and there but so does everyones D. the problem was offense and that has really picked up when needed badly. if that keeps up around the 3-4 goal mark per game this team will win many games this year throughout. miller has really pick up the slack on the D side on the lack of scoring. he and genoway are 2 very dangerous offensive d men and that has been a very good move by the coaching staff as it was needed with joe out. just think if lapoint and marto get going as well!! keep scoring 3 to 4 and the wins will keep piling up!!

i believe they opened that tournement against wayne state and played brown for the championship. if we are talking about the same thing

Sounds like you're right on. I mean it was a fun weekend to whup up on some lesser teams, but it hardly builds the Sioux's reputation as being willing to take on anyone, anytime.