SiouxSports.com Forum

UND PA Announcer Darrin Looker

david.howard19

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight" for pre-show music. If any song says "Hi energy, fast-paced, excitement to start off a hockey game" it's this song. Not. If I wanted to relax and be put to sleep in the final minutes before a hockey game, I'd watch an episode of Walker Texas Ranger.

I have the solution:

WWCND.

That thing they do before the games with Phil Collins song's is dumb. The perosn that came up with it should be shot!! Did anybody know that is the same song in Risky Business during the sex scene in the train. Stupid Tom Cruise!!

I like it so far. Maybe for the whole season could get old but I think your missing the point of it. Plus the end of the 'slide show' picks up and ends pretty well as far as getting the fans to their feet. Never before, other than the team coming out, have had fans to their feet before the game starts or the beginning of each period that is. This gets the fans to their feet with about ten seconds before the team even comes out! :lol: wow! I think everything else the arena does is by far worse than this is. Such as the music they play in general. I think they need to have a CD premade and not use satellite radio or whatever they use for the small breaks in play. It truely is sad....

Also, welcome to the jungle has no purpose anymore I guess. When they play it, some people know what it means, but others need to see the 'lets make some noise' flashing throughout the arena to get the hint. Now when they play it, they don't flash anything and a few people clap, about it. Meanwhile they have those that ever so important advertising info flashing instead! Before its too late, put seats back in the old arena and open the doors. Its time for some actual fighting sioux hockey!

People who are scared to be loud or to stand up, on occasion, need not arrive!

I like it so far. Maybe for the whole season could get old but I think your missing the point of it. Plus the end of the 'slide show' picks up and ends pretty well as far as getting the fans to their feet. Never before, other than the team coming out, have had fans to their feet before the game starts or the beginning of each period that is. This gets the fans to their feet with about ten seconds before the team even comes out! :lol: wow! I think everything else the arena does is by far worse than this is. Such as the music they play in general. I think they need to have a CD premade and not use satellite radio or whatever they use for the small breaks in play. It truely is sad....

Also, welcome to the jungle has no purpose anymore I guess. When they play it, some people know what it means, but others need to see the 'lets make some noise' flashing throughout the arena to get the hint. Now when they play it, they don't flash anything and a few people clap, about it. Meanwhile they have those that ever so important advertising info flashing instead! Before its too late, put seats back in the old arena and open the doors. Its time for some actual fighting sioux hockey!

People who are scared to be loud or to stand up, on occasion, need not arrive!

I hope they do the hand clap for the team before the song, otherwise it would be really backwards and stupid. I don't know, I watch all home games on tv as I live in Colorado.

I do think they should wait longer for the crowd to clap before the game.

But the big thing everyone seems to agree about is the production is weak through out the game.

I will go up there and make it awesome. Someone tell them to let me come in there and set it up..

Another thing that makes me wonder why. When they play the video about the Sioux people and the teams, they want the crowd to salute the Sioux People. But as soon as the video is over and the crowd starts to clap, they start some stupid song and you can't hear the clapping. Very rude if you want my opinion.