SiouxSports.com Forum

Game at other place in ND

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Seem to remember an annual exhibition game (maybe in the 70s) at the Bismarck Civic Center.

Did they play in 1978 somewhere in the state. It seems to me that Kevin Maxwell missed his first game in the Winter Sports Arena because of a fight. My impression was that game was in Minot or something but I definitely could be wrong.

I vaguely remember some sort of exhibition game in the F-M area probably in the late 70s. Maybe against a foreign team. I could be wrong about that one, but I definitely remember them playing Soviet teams in GF, like Torpedo Gorky. Damn fine sweaters if you can find one ... :sad::)

Did they play in 1978 somewhere in the state. It seems to me that Kevin Maxwell missed his first game in the Winter Sports Arena because of a fight. My impression was that game was in Minot or something but I definitely could be wrong.

There was a time they would play 2 exhib. games with UMTC. I saw one game in Eveleth in '78 and Hibbing in '77. I believe they also played in Minot both years as well.

Have the Sioux ever played any games in other places in North Dakota (not their home rink)?

Yeah, they played Minnesota in Minot in the late 70s. I think Reg Morelli had something to do with having it played there. There was a huge brawl. I believe Phil Sykes, who was a freshman at the time playing his first game for the Sioux, got things going. I seem to remember that they may have even called the game after the brawl, since it was an exhibition.