SIOUX vs BADgers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from brad.. ;)

During the pre-game the zamboni has broken down on the ice. There are five people out there looking at it right now. It's been at the blue line for a good five to 10 minutes. This is the third straight hockey game I've been at now where we've had a zamboni malfunction.

It could have been worse. :D

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/11/01/...ni-charges.html

It sure was nice to be able to see the game on NHL Network. I thought Duncan had some great passes that just missed connecting for sure goals. It was nice to see us put so many quality shots on net, as opposed to not shooting at all or just peppering the net with low percentage shots. Genoway still scares the heck out of me though. At least twice every single game I'm able to see the guy just flat falls on his butt and gives up a rush the other way. I'm also not the biggest fan of Marto being on the powerplay, but I couldn't tell you who should take his place. Eidsness played OK, IMO. He didn't have to make any great saves, but didn't give up any horrible goals either. I thought the D played well in front of him. I would like to see him in net tonight, but I understand if Hak throws Walski out there. I'm guessing the result would have been the same last night with him in net. The Sioux certainly took the play to the Badgers and controlled the puck most of the game. Another effort like that and we should get our sweep.

It sure was nice to be able to see the game on NHL Network. I thought Duncan had some great passes that just missed connecting for sure goals. It was nice to see us put so many quality shots on net, as opposed to not shooting at all or just peppering the net with low percentage shots. Genoway still scares the heck out of me though. At least twice every single game I'm able to see the guy just flat falls on his butt and gives up a rush the other way. I'm also not the biggest fan of Marto being on the powerplay, but I couldn't tell you who should take his place. Eidsness played OK, IMO. He didn't have to make any great saves, but didn't give up any horrible goals either. I thought the D played well in front of him. I would like to see him in net tonight, but I understand if Hak throws Walski out there. I'm guessing the result would have been the same last night with him in net. The Sioux certainly took the play to the Badgers and controlled the puck most of the game. Another effort like that and we should get our sweep.

Actually, Eidsness made some great saves. There is no advantage to playing Walski - he's not a shut down goalie and we have no where to go with him because he is a senior. I would hate to see us give up a game just to get him some playing time. I would be much happier if we had Eidsness and a sophomore or junior to battle it out.

Eidsness made some great saves in front of me. Awesome toes a couple times to save sure goals.

On Wisconsin's second goal, though, Brad was terribly slow moving from right to left. I'm sure he wishes he had another shot at that one.

All in all I thought it was a great team effort. I'm not seeing the hate for LaPoint. There were two freshmen D-men and two sophmores... I think that's asking a little bit too much in this league. Blood's going to be fun to watch.

Nice game.