SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

genoway will be fine, he is still our best dman. finley and jones will be the defensive guys, and i still think marto will impress. am worried about lapoint and the frosh??? lots of question marks. lets hope eidsness will be a pleasant surprise.

I'm worried about lapoint, to be honest. From what I've heard on the radio, he hasn't had a decent game yet. It sounds like Blood and Fienhage have played decent.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not opposed to benching anyone who isn't getting the job done... Can we bring in some more defensemen at semester break? All in favor? haha...funny is how I'm serious.

Ha! The Sioux will be the first hockey team to run 3 Defensemen and 2 Forwards in history!

I'm thinking:

Genoway-Finley-Marto

LaPoint-Blood-Jones

Hextall-Finehage-Davidson (just to even things out)

The options are endless! Maybe run 4 D and 1Forward. Or pull the goalie and play 4 D and 2 Forwards. 6 Defensemen maybe? :glare:

I'm worried about lapoint, to be honest. From what I've heard on the radio, he hasn't had a decent game yet. It sounds like Blood and Fienhage have played decent.

yeah, i heard fienhage's name alot tonight, and announcers seemed impressed. i haven't seen any games from the frosh, but being a freshman dman in the wcha is tough no matter who you are. lapoint has always seemed timid to me, not what i expected from the hype. i didn't see much from him last season, and haven't heard much good yet this season. i thought marto was by far the better of the two last year. i hope he turns it on, because the talent is there.

Well.....Lets hope they can put it behind them and battle back. It can't feel good to get whipped like that.

They are going to HAVE to be more physical tommorrow. Put some bodies on the Mavs and get back to Sioux Hockey.

Do that and the goals will come........GO SIOUX!

Ha! The Sioux will be the first hockey team to run 3 Defensemen and 2 Forwards in history!

I'm thinking:

Genoway-Finley-Marto

LaPoint-Blood-Jones

The options are endless! Maybe run 4 D and 1Forward. Or pull the goalie and play 4 D and 2 Forwards. 6 Defensemen maybe? :glare:

Just an FYI, but I'm pretty sure Davidson is not in Mankato either, as I saw him earlier this evening in grand forks. It's too bad, I'm thinking maybe he should be in the lineup tomorrow night to replace someone who isn't hacking it.

genoway will be fine, he is still our best dman. finley and jones will be the defensive guys, and i still think marto will impress. am worried about lapoint and the frosh??? lots of question marks. lets hope eidsness will be a pleasant surprise.

Genoway's skill as a defenseman depends entirely on his offensive production. He's solid on D, but takes a lot of chances and has been getting burned at a higher rate going back to the end of last year. I like the way Genoway plays, but with Finley out, Jones being indistinguishable from some guy in street clothes, and the young guys not playing up to their recruitment hype, he had either camp his butt back on that blue line and protect the net, or else he had better find the back of the net.

Genoway's skill as a defenseman depends entirely on his offensive production. He's solid on D, but takes a lot of chances and has been getting burned at a higher rate going back to the end of last year. I like the way Genoway plays, but with Finley out, Jones being indistinguishable from some guy in street clothes, and the young guys not playing up to their recruitment hype, he had either camp his butt back on that blue line and protect the net, or else he had better find the back of the net.

i can't disagree with you. without a solid defensive partner, he becomes a liability, but he is still our best dman (qualifier, he needs finley or jones watching his ass). the problem right now is our defensive corp is struggling, which is not good for our inexperince in goal.

I'm thinking:

Genoway-Finley-Marto

LaPoint-Blood-Jones

Maybe they should change things up a bit and give the walk-ons more credit. It doesn't seem the"Drafted Elitea" are doing a heck of a lot. They can't shw if they can play if they don't get in the game!!!

I don't think anyone is saying that. But it is fair to question why this team looks so bad to start every single season.

It is frustrating, to be sure... But it's where you end the season, not where you begin. Is the McNaughton really the ultimate prize? Or is #8??

TH said the Sioux outplayed the Mavs tonight? You have got to be kidding me! That's "duckies and bunnies" talk right there.

He also said he didn't feel that Mankato played very well tonight (and that the Sioux had something to do with that) and he feels that they (Mankato) would be better tomorrow. :ohmy:

It is frustrating, to be sure... But it's where you end the season, not where you begin. Is the McNaughton really the ultimate prize? Or is #8??

those are the only two things they hang banners in the ralph for. if my memory serves me correct we haven't done either of those things in the past four years and if things don't get straightened out in a hurry it will be five years and counting.

The Sioux will be fine and 1 game does not make the season. Case in point, I've watched them play 4 years in a row at the NCAA Frozen Four, even if they did have a slow start. A little early to pack it in.