SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Stu ........ any idea when this might be starting? Soon I hope, there is alot of great NHL action to watch this season :)

I had originally heard the 8th, but it's not on for me. Normally you need to have the sports pack add on in order to get it.

Maybe in a slightly amusing turn of events (and backing up what Gretzky said about Roche), Denis Seidenberg (a defenseman) was traded today by the Coyotes to the Hurricanes for Kevyn Adams.

It's amusing to me because Seidenberg was acquired by the Coyotes last year, a move that basically meant Matt Jones spending the year in the AHL despite getting rave reviews both in camp and at their developmental tourney (or whatever it is called).

So, there's the answer to "who is going to go instead of Roche"

Tonight in Former Sioux

NHL

Jason Blake: New York I. vs. New York R. @ 7:00 pm ET

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Toronto @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Roche: Phoenix vs. Dallas @ 8:30 pm ET

Matt Jones: Phoenix vs. Dallas @ 8:30 pm ET

Roche had a goal tonight. I was at the game. Jones and Roche got lots of ice time. Too bad the stars got their ass kicked.

Tonight in Former Sioux

NHL

Jason Blake: New York I. vs. New York R. @ 7:00 pm ET

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Toronto @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Roche: Phoenix vs. Dallas @ 8:30 pm ET

Matt Jones: Phoenix vs. Dallas @ 8:30 pm ET

Jason Blake: 19 shifts, 3 SOG in Islanders 5-3 win

Mike Commodore: 32 shifts, 1 SOG, 2 hits in Hurricanes 4-1 win

Travis Roche: 1 goal, 26 shifts, 2 SOG, 2 hits in Coyotes 5-2 win

Matt Jones: 27 shifts, 4 hits, 1 blocked shot in Coyotes 5-2 win

Scoring

Goals: Roche=1

Assists=0

Total Points=1

oops I quoted the wrong post Lol. I have a quick question. Has a sioux player ever won a mvp award. I don't know what they call it.

The only MVP awards I know of are the Frozen Four MOP, Individual Regional MOP (MOP means Most Outstanding Player), the Final Five MOP, and the overall MOP, called the Hobey Baker Award (DI hockey's version of the Heisman). Only one UND player, Tony Hrkac, has won the Hobey Baker award.

Tonight in Former Sioux

NHL

Zach Parise: New Jersey vs. St. Louis @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Zajac: New Jersey vs. St. Louis @ 7:30 pm ET

David Hale: New Jersey vs. St. Louis @ 7:30 pm ET

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. San Jose @ 10:30 pm ET

AHL

Ryan Bayda: Albany vs. Hartford @ 7:00 pm ET

Karl Goehring(pos): Milwaukee vs. San Antonio @ 8:00 pm ET

Andy Murray told Chico Resch in a pregame interview between the Devils/Blues that Brady is planning on signing with the Kings in the next few days. Okay, Chico called him Brody rather than Brady, but reported that "Brody" was playing in Switzerland for the past few years and is now ready to give the NHL a try. I'm assuming Bruiser Broday is actually Brady. :ohmy:

Andy Murray told Chico Resch in a pregame interview between the Devils/Blues that Brady is planning on signing with the Kings in the next few days. Okay, Chico called him Brody rather than Brady, but reported that "Brody" was playing in Switzerland for the past few years and is now ready to give the NHL a try. I'm assuming Bruiser Broday is actually Brady. :ohmy:

hope to see him in the show someday soon. good for him

Correct, it started on the 8th--I believe you need digital cable, directv, or dish network for it to work, so if this is you, then have fun watching the Devils, Oilers, etc tonight! Now if only they would do something about those "Puckhead" commercials :ohmy:

Do you know what channel this is on for GF digital cable users ......................