SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

yeah i did a few, im not a wiki fan but understand it, thanks for setting it up, did you tweak my current and future sioux drafted info? thanks if so as i couldnt get it like that!!

Yeah, I've been playing around alot with it. I think I get the formatting pretty well. The trick is to just use the H1 - H6 which shows up as "=== X ==="

Yeah, I've been playing around alot with it. I think I get the formatting pretty well. The trick is to just use the H1 - H6 which shows up as "=== X ==="

cool, yeah i just copied and paste those and inserted the names and numbers. very easy

stafford in action

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=270921002

bayda as well, looks like commie may be sitting this one out

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=270921007

z par, zajac and j par in action, j par given up 1 goal in 7 min so far as weekes got hurt

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=270921013

Watched the Devs - Rags game tonight . . . Zach had a goal, a nice little wrister from the right circle.

Jordan kinda got thrown in there after Weekes went down; a little shaky at first but got progressively better. Weekes is conscious and remembers what happened, but should he be out for any period of time I suppose most Devs fans believe JPar would get the nod over Doyle for the backup position. I'm just glad Avery didn't try to assault him too; that punk loves running Devils goalies.

Looks like the following for former players playing tonight in the NHL

Brian Lee for Ottawa (already has one penalty, Hooking)

Mike Commodore for Carolina

Ryan Bayda for Carolina

Chris Porter for St. Louis

Matt Smaby for Tampa Bay (already one penalty, Hooking)

and Brandon Bochenski for Boston, had 1 penalty (Kessel had 1 g, 1 a in that game)

plus possible Travis Roche for Phoenix

possible Matt Greene for Edmonton

I apologize, I have been remiss in updating you about Matt Smaby at Lightning training camp this year. The general feeling in Tampa prior to the beginning of camp was that the 6th Dman spot was Matt's to lose. Matt has had a good camp but did struggle in "Camp "Torture-ella's" NASCAR lap testing in the 1st two days of camp. The laps continue at the end of each practice during camp too. You can read more below:

Smaby Working His Way Through It

As mentioned earlier Matt played in his first preseason game last night. The general feeling is Matt played well, better then his D partner who had some brainfart episodes last night. After the game the 1st cut of players was announced and Matt remains in Tampa.

The link below will show you some pics from camp and the preseason game last night. Enjoy! I will try to keep you better updated, the next game is Monday night but we don't have the lineup yet.

smaby59-15-07.jpg

smaby39-15-07.jpg

smabyredcarpet3psdallas9-19-07.jpg

smabypswash9-22-07.jpg

smaby2pswash9-22-07.jpg

smaby1pswash9-22-07.jpg

great update missk, thanks a lot. hope matt can snag that 6th spot! would be nice to have another former sioux playing the blueline in the nhl

right now

greene (edm)

jones (phx)

roche (phx)

commodore (car)

hale (cgy)

minor leaguers with nhl potential in the near future

smaby (tb)

lee (ott)

I apologize, I have been remiss in updating you about Matt Smaby at Lightning training camp this year. The general feeling in Tampa prior to the beginning of camp was that the 6th Dman spot was Matt's to lose. Matt has had a good camp but did struggle in "Camp "Torture-ella's" NASCAR lap testing in the 1st two days of camp. The laps continue at the end of each practice during camp too. You can read more below:

Smaby Working His Way Through It

As mentioned earlier Matt played in his first preseason game last night. The general feeling is Matt played well, better then his D partner who had some brainfart episodes last night. After the game the 1st cut of players was announced and Matt remains in Tampa.

The link below will show you some pics from camp and the preseason game last night. Enjoy! I will try to keep you better updated, the next game is Monday night but we don't have the lineup yet.

smaby59-15-07.jpg

smaby39-15-07.jpg

smabyredcarpet3psdallas9-19-07.jpg

smabypswash9-22-07.jpg

smaby2pswash9-22-07.jpg

smaby1pswash9-22-07.jpg

The New Tampa Jerseys are ugly and it looks as if Matt has shed the shield.

nice pics! awesome to see him in that setting now. just 2 years ago I would see him on campus every day. one day i caught he and Fabian screwin around outside one of the buildings. Fabian had his "cast" on his knee still, and Smaby had one of his crutches, "batting" away at it. Gah those guys had fun. All work and only a little fun now......

nothing in the way of former sioux stats last night. Porter doesnt look to be on the Blues team roster anymore, but on their "in the system" roster. guess he got sent down, but I don't see anything anywhere saying that.

anyways, former sioux playing tonight....

Travis Zajac: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Zach Parise: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Jordan Parise(pos): New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Matt Smaby: Tampa Bay vs. Detroit @ 7:30opm ET

Drew Stafford: Buffalo vs. Minnesota @ 8:00pm ET INJURED

Sioux vs. Sioux

Brian Lee: Ottawa vs. Jason Blake: Toronto @ 7:30pm ET

nothing in the way of former sioux stats last night. Porter doesnt look to be on the Blues team roster anymore, but on their "in the system" roster. guess he got sent down, but I don't see anything anywhere saying that.

anyways, former sioux playing tonight....

Travis Zajac: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Zach Parise: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Jordan Parise(pos): New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Matt Smaby: Tampa Bay vs. Detroit @ 7:30opm ET

Drew Stafford: Buffalo vs. Minnesota @ 8:00pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Brian Lee: Ottawa vs. Jason Blake: Toronto @ 7:30pm ET

Unless you have a positive update of some kind Stafford is injured per within the game thread

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Former Sioux playin tonight in the NHL:

Jon Toews: Chicago vs. Florida @ 12:00pm ET Injured

Brian Lee: Ottawa vs. Philadelphia @ 7:00pm ET

Mike Commodore and Ryan Bayda: Carolina vs. Washington @ 7:00pm ET

David Hale: Calgary vs. San Jose @ 9:00pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Travis Roche and Matt Jones: Phoenix @ 10:00pm ET