SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Jordan Parise is in net tonight for the Lowell Devils season opener as Frank Doyle received an emergency recall up to the Devils.

Karl Goerhing is now officially the Baby Pens backup goalie as David Brown was sent to Wheeling of the ECHL and John Curry is hurt.

Jordan Parise is in net tonight for the Lowell Devils season opener as Frank Doyle received an emergency recall up to the Devils.

Karl Goerhing is now officially the Baby Pens backup goalie as David Brown was sent to Wheeling of the ECHL and John Curry is hurt.

So your saying there is still a chance?

Parise with an assist tonight.

Stafford with an assist tonight.

Bochenski not dressed again tonight.

Brady Murray gets to play against his Dad tonight.

yeah BO didnt dress. we were up in the press box sitting next to him tonight. he looks like he has added some size for sure. he was in decent spirits but for sure wanted to be out there especially watching matt jones playing out there.

Zach with a goal and an assist in today's game. Typical hardworking goal, where he never gave up, and ended up hitting one out of the air into the net.

Zach ended up being put around on a few different lines today. He was playing at a different level compared to his teammates.

Parise with an assist tonight.

Stafford with an assist tonight.

Bochenski not dressed again tonight.

Brady Murray gets to play against his Dad tonight.

Savard was injured the other night so I suppose we will see Bochenski in the line up now...

SCORE radio, arguably Chicago's No. 1 sports talk station, has been promoting tonight's Hawks game as "Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks." Granted, the Hawks have not had much to promote in recent years, but it's pretty flattering to have a 19-year-old ex-Sioux get top billing. The expectations in Chi-town are high for JT.

SCORE radio, arguably Chicago's No. 1 sports talk station, has been promoting tonight's Hawks game as "Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks." Granted, the Hawks have not had much to promote in recent years, but it's pretty flattering to have a 19-year-old ex-Sioux get top billing. The expectations in Chi-town are high for JT.

If anyone can live up to them, I think it's Toews. I hope his finger won't hinder his performance any.

potential former sioux tonight in nhl

phx @ cjb - matt jones

cgy @ det - david hale

fla @ tmb - matt smaby

edm @ min - matt greene

san @ chi - jon toews (debut)

las @ dal - brady murray

nsh @ stl - ryan johnson

bos @ ana - bochenski

potential former sioux tonight in nhl

phx @ cjb - matt jones

cgy @ det - david hale

fla @ tmb - matt smaby

edm @ min - matt greene

san @ chi - jon toews (debut)

las @ dal - brady murray

nsh @ stl - ryan johnson

bos @ ana - bochenski

looks like hale may be a healthy scratch

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

and

Jonathan Toews makes his NHL debut on Wednesday, on a line with Tuomo Ruutu and Patrick Kane. - Chicago Tribune

the 2 youngsters will be together on a line! cant wait to watch this

Jonathan Toews makes his NHL debut on Wednesday, on a line with Tuomo Ruutu and Patrick Kane. - Chicago Tribune

the 2 youngsters will be together on a line! cant wait to watch this

Not sure if I'm excited about that line combination yet or not. I guess Savard just wants to see how they'll play together against veteran players, which I must admit I'm curious about as well. Regardless, it will be a great game to watch to see how they use Jonny throughout the night. I'm expecting him to get some PP time as well. Imagine driving through Chicago at 19 years old and seeing a picture of yourself on a billboard with the caption, "The Future of the Blackhawks." Hopefully, Toews won't put any added pressure on himself and just go out and play his game the way he knows how. If I remember correctly, Hak had to talk to him last year to remind him to just go out there and have fun, and not worry about being the saving grace of Fighting Sioux hockey. Hopefully that lesson sticks with him throughout this year too.