SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Chico loves Zach as much as any Sioux fan I've ever met. I love listening to him during games as he always seems to mention ZPar and Zajac, as well as their connection to Sioux hockey.

Chico is an ex-UMD goalie so I'm sure he has a soft spot for college hockey players. Chico used to come up to Moorhead for their Blueline summer clinic. He was quite a character from what I can remember.

Tonight in Former Sioux

AHL

Jordan Parise(pos): Lowell vs. Philadelphia @ 2:05 pm ET

Colby Genoway: Portland vs. Worchester @ 4:05 pm ET

Ryan Bayda: Albany vs. Hershey @ 5:00 pm ET

Karl Goehring(pos): Milwaukee vs. Toronto @ 5:00 pm ET

Curtis Murphy: Houston vs. San Antonio @ 6:00 mp ET

Bryan Lundbohm: Houston vs. San Antonio @ 6:00 mp ET

Jordan Parise: 59:51 MIN, 28 SA, 25 SV in Lowell 6-3 win

Colby Genoway: 1 assist, 3 SOG, +1 +/- in Pirates 5-4 shootout win

Ryan Bayda: 2 SOG, 2 PIMS in River Rats 3-6 loss

Karl Goehring: 60 MIN, 36 SA, 36 SV in Admirals 1-0 win

Curtis Murphy: 6 SOG -1 +/- in Aeros 0-6 loss

Bryan Lundbohm: 1 SOG, 2 PIMS in Aeros 0-6 loss

Tonight in Former Sioux:

NHL

Jason Blake: New York I. vs. Pittsburgh @ 7:00 pm ET

Zach Parise: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Zajac: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

David Hale: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Minnesota @ 8:00 pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Ed Belfour: Florida @ 7:30 pm ET

AHL

Drew Stafford: Rochester vs. Iowa @ 8:05 pm ET

Feel the Zajac love . . .Zajac, the prototypical Devil

He's also listed as #10 in Hockeysfuture's January Calder Trophy poll.

I think it is extremely exciting that he was able to jump right into the NHL basically.

If I went back to last season and was asked "Which Fighting Sioux member I'd most like to meet and greet?" I know Toews and Oshie were exciting to watch. Spirko and Stafford electrifying. However, I'd like to talk to Zajac. I really think he helped make the team work.

Anyone catch what Blake did to Crosby at the end of the game tonight? Crosby was standing along the boards and Blake came out of nowhere and stuck him right in the gut. Crosby gets up and starts pushing Blake and Blake wants none of it. I know he's a former Sioux, but he's really a little bitch. I wouldn't hate at all to see someone kick his ass.

Anyone catch what Blake did to Crosby at the end of the game tonight? Crosby was standing along the boards and Blake came out of nowhere and stuck him right in the gut. Crosby gets up and starts pushing Blake and Blake wants none of it. I know he's a former Sioux, but he's really a little bitch. I wouldn't hate at all to see someone kick his ass.

You should have tried growing up playing against him, and constantly being at the same summer camps and schools. Not only was/is he a highly skilled player that can make you look like a fool on the ice, but he makes sure you know all about it before, during and after the game. :whistling:

That's the reason he never won the Hobey when he probably was the best player his last two years.

Plain and simple, blake=horses ass. On the flip side you have lot's of player's that come through here that are good people as well as world class athlete's. Matt Greene, Commie, and I always thought Zpar carried themselves well off the ice (in recent memory.) There are many other's, and I can't possibly name them all. I guess my point is, why be a jerk, you get paid to play the greatest game in the world.

Tonight in Former Sioux:

NHL

Jason Blake: New York I. vs. Pittsburgh @ 7:00 pm ET

Zach Parise: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Zajac: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

David Hale: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Minnesota @ 8:00 pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Ed Belfour: Florida @ 7:30 pm ET

AHL

Drew Stafford: Rochester vs. Iowa @ 8:05 pm ET

NHL

Jason Blake: 19 shifts, 3 SOG, 2 PIMS, 1 hit in Islanders 2-5 loss

Zach Parise: 21 shifts, 3 SOG, 2 blocked shots, +1 +/- in Devils 1-0 win

Travis Zajac: 19 shifts, 2 SOG, 1 blocked shot, +1 +/- in Devils 1-0 win

David Hale: 7 shifts, 1 blocked shot in Devils 1-0 win

Matt Greene: 25 shifts, 1 SOG, 1 hit in Oilers 2-1 win

Mike Commodore: 2 hits, 2 blocked shots in Hurricanes 3-2 overtime win

Ed Belfour: 61:47 MIN, 27 SA, 24 SV in Panthers 2-3 overtime loss

AHL

Drew Stafford: DNP

Scoring:

None

Pics:

Travis Zajac:

ERA10201170153.jpg

Yeah it was a classless move and I'm not here to defend Blake; but Sid played the part pretty well. I lauged when Brian Englblom said he could've hurt him more with a campfire stick that had a marshmellow on the end of it.

Funny thing is they'll have to sit on the bench together next week during the all star game. I wonder if they'll kiss and make up?

Stafford not in the lineup last night for the Americans vs. Iowa. He isnt listed on Buffalo's roster, or under transactions. anyone know what's up?

Remeber when you got worried about where Bayda went earlier this season :whistling: The big teams always carry two or three reserves that are there just in case and watch the game from the press box. There are a few banged up Sabres right now that have probably been game time decisions with respect to the starting lineup. If Stafford doesn't get any big team playing time soon watch for him to reappear with The Amerks.

Being an agitator is OK - but backing down - especially from Sid the Kid - was weak.

Remeber when you got worried about where Bayda went earlier this season :whistling: The big teams always carry two or three reserves that are there just in case and watch the game from the press box. There are a few banged up Sabres right now that have probably been game time decisions with respect to the starting lineup. If Stafford doesn't get any big team playing time soon watch for him to reappear with The Amerks.

haha yeah i know i know. :):ohmy: i guess sometimes i get a little OCD about where players are haha. i try to stay as up to date as possible about transactions and such, and since Stafford is one of the most up and down players out there right now, i keep a close eye on him specifically. but yeah, i wont be surprised if he shows up at least as a healthy scratch for Buffalo tonight. Both Buffalo and Rochester are playing tonight, so i guess we'll see where he shows up.

Tonight in Former Sioux

NHL

Drew Stafford: Buffalo vs. Boston @ 7:00 pm ET

Travis Roche: Phoenix vs. Colorado @ 9:00 pm ET

Matt Jones: Phoenix vs. Colorado @ 9:00 pm ET

AHL

Colby Genoway: Portland vs. Manchester @ 7:05 pm ET

Lee Goren: Manitoba vs. San Antonio @ 8:30 pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Brandon Bochenski: Norfolk vs. Ryan Bayda: Albany @ 7:00 pm ET

Plain and simple, blake=horses ass. On the flip side you have lot's of player's that come through here that are good people as well as world class athlete's. Matt Greene, Commie, and I always thought Zpar carried themselves well off the ice (in recent memory.) There are many other's, and I can't possibly name them all. I guess my point is, why be a jerk, you get paid to play the greatest game in the world.

I know a girl that was in the training room at the old REA with a bunch of the players after a practice or something. Blake made some comment to her and she totally went off on him. All the other players cheered her on. :whistling:

exactly

Funny thing the boys on XM-204 today were talking about Blakes spear on Crosby and then the discussion of not having any goons anymore to police the game anymnore because of the changes in the game. Kind of funny but they basically made the argument that when A star get slashed, hack, cheaped, speared in the old days that guy would be dropping the mits and fighting. Now with the PC NHL basically isn't protecting their star players anymore, allowing them to get hacked and not having an consequences for bad behavior anymore.

As far as goons go they might be a think of the past, I think eventually the multi skilled players that can score and fight will be looked at as a plus in the future. After watching Booguard (sp) last night in the wild games the man has no talent but can fight, however in his last fight he got killed by a lesser AHL player, hence no one is going to be scared of the Boogey man anymore. I think unforunately the NHL is starting to have a lot of stick work like the college hockey.