SiouxSports.com Forum

good support

gfhockey

I cant remember the last time we had over 450 replies for a road game.... this may be the start of somthng great here.

I agree with you. The more recognized a team is that you play, the more people interested. Because I am bored, I looked back at the football threads. The GVSU playoff thread last year had 503 replies but some were throughout the rest of the playoffs, the WWU shootout game last year had 418, the SUU game had 465, the GVSU playoff thread of 2006 had 570 but some were once again throughout the playoffs, UNO playoff game of 2006 had 724!, and the UNI game had 495. I think we can see a pattern. The playoff games, games against D1 competition, or very entertaining games seem to draw well. My question is what will the SIU game bring?

I see they have just started another Sioux --Bison thread at Bisonville and predicting who would win if they played. Can't those guys just move on?

No they can't but I LOVE their "list of demands" for the next time we might play! :D:D Old mummy Chapman says that won't happen while he's alive so we'll have to wait until 2010 but I'm cool with that! (GOD he's a creepy guy!)

Anyone with a head count on the number of Sioux fans that were AT the game ? I thought that's where this thread was going with the "good support" title. Just curious to see how well Sioux fans travel. Not trying to start anything at all but myself and about 3-4,000 (heard different totals) made the trip to Laramie, WY. I'm just amazed at how many Bison fans go to road games. For a 12-13 hour drive that's pretty impressive to me. I guess the only thing I have to compare these figures to is from what I see in visitors section at the Fargo Dome. Very scarce most of the time. The only large numbers of visitor fans seem to come from SDSU and of course you guys. Close proximity helps though too. I'll have to wait and see how well MVFC fans travel.

I don't think that you can compare playing in Laramie to playing in Pocatello. Laramie is less than 2 hours from Denver, which we know through hockey is a large alumni base for UND and I'm assuming it is for NDSU. I would think you would see similar numbers for UND football playing in Laramie.

I'm sure that it being a Thursday night game also made it alot more difficult for people to get time off and head out there. I had thought about trying to get a group of friends together to make the trek out there. But it would have been almost impossible for our group of friends to all get Wed, Thurs, and Friday off. If it had been a saturday game, I'm sure enough of us would have been able to get Friday afternoon off to make it worth heading out to ISU.

Very good points. Yes, a thursday game would be alot tougher to make. Another thing I was thinking about too is that Wyoming is a FBS team which, from a Bison fans' perspective, makes it more appealing. I know I never went to Ogden to watch the Bison play Southern UT so I think who they're playing has alot to do with it. Another thing too, for as many Bison fans that were there, I didn't seem to see alot of ND license plates, so a good majority could have been from the Denver area. I'm still wondering though, in spite of it being a thursday game and not being as close to Denver, how many were there ? I've never been to a road Sioux football game when they were'nt playing the Bison, so I really have no idea how many Sioux fans attend on average.

Gotta hand it to FightingSioux4life. He had 97 posts yesterday. :D

I tend to pile up the posts when I am posting live game updates. That only happens when I am at home listening to a road game since I have season tickets at the Alerus. Thursday night put me over 1000 posts all time! I still have a long way to go to match legends like The Sicatoka and Star2City! :D

I see they have just started another Sioux --Bison thread at Bisonville and predicting who would win if they played. Can't those guys just move on?
I finally checked out the "barn forum" for the first time. I have never seen a fan base have as much penis envy of another school as they do. Jealousy will eat them away for the rest of their lives if they don't just move on.

I finally checked out the "barn forum" for the first time. I have never seen a fan base have as much penis envy of another school as they do. Jealousy will eat them away for the rest of their lives if they don't just move on.

they're already ready to lynch (or have for LUNCH) their QB so let them destroy themselves! How are the Mavs doing doen south? Miss the NCC or not? :D