SiouxSports.com Forum

When did Midco get the Big Ten Network?

Goon

Big 10 Network will air a small handful of hockey games that feature Big 10 schools, but considering that all of the Gophers games are already on FSN North it really doesn't amount to a lot of games that couldn't be seen without the Big 10 Network. I'm still holding my breath on that WCHA Network that was talked about last spring. One thing you might want to check out on Big 10 Network this weekend is the Northwestern football game vs. Dale Lennon's Southern Illinois team. It'll be interesting to see how that one turns out.

Actually they steal a few of the Gopher games from FSN. Even better, the Big Ten Network is HD (though not sure if it is on Midco). I don't remember them showing any CCHA games last year.

Is it on the digital package? I haven't even thought to look for it.

It is in the digital package, plus I believe you have to buy the "extra sports" package which is about $3 a month. I discovered it a few weeks ago, and was thinking that it would show some hockey. :lol:

Speaking of CBS College Sports, last night they showed the UMD/Southwest MN State game. That was a trouncing by our former NCC-mates!

It is in the digital package, plus I believe you have to buy the "extra sports" package which is about $3 a month. I discovered it a few weeks ago, and was thinking that it would show some hockey. :lol:

Speaking of CBS College Sports, last night they showed the UMD/Southwest MN State game. That was a trouncing by our former NCC-mates!

The NCC teams kicked some butt this past weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually they steal a few of the Gopher games from FSN. Even better, the Big Ten Network is HD (though not sure if it is on Midco). I don't remember them showing any CCHA games last year.

BTN has rights to all the games or something I think. But they choose to give most of them to FSN? I'm not exactly sure because I know there's a big contract with FSN.

BTN has rights to all the games or something I think. But they choose to give most of them to FSN? I'm not exactly sure because I know there's a big contract with FSN.

I doubt it since the FSN contract would've been in place first. Also I believe FSN owns a good chunk of the BTN.

Also I believe FSN owns a good chunk of the BTN.

correct. FSN owns almost 1/2 of of Big10 Network

The Big Ten Network is majority-owned (51%) by the Big Ten Conference, with Fox Cable Networks holding a minority interest (49%).[