SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

yep got that now - plus a woman's BB game from Detroit

looks like I'm locked and will load on Sunday

Cool, you just NEVER know what you will scan in on FTA, I see one feed called COSMOS TV, seems to be latin American!

All set for Sunday!

GO SIOUX!

This one is GOOD and strong right now, looks like Football to me :)

FREQ. 11989

POL. H

SR. 6110

Just rescanned 91w with my TRAXIS receiver and I get 7 TV channels/feeds

Although that feed (first call uplink) scans in for me at 11986 H 6112, I've got a huge 81% quality there (no sound though). Got the WNBA game at 12088 H 13232 (tx-1).

So as I wait to get delivery of my new Satellite (toy), since it will be my first experience, can someone tell me what kind of quality of picture I can expect from my brand new shinny Fighting Sioux Hockey delivery system??

quality is just like normal TV. It is not HD or anything but just like you are watching regular cable TV.

So as I wait to get delivery of my new Satellite (toy), since it will be my first experience, can someone tell me what kind of quality of picture I can expect from my brand new shinny Fighting Sioux Hockey delivery system??

It will be first generation digital, so doesn't go through quite the same compression, as, for instance, a digital signal from directtv or dishnetwork. If I'm going to watch an NFL game, I'll watch one the the FTA Fox channels before I watch the local dishnetwork fox channel, because the quality is better. I originally had the FSSN on cable, and the quality of the feed direct from satellite is better. The quality will be very similar to a local network digital channel that you'd get with an antenna. I'd guess those are available in Denver.

Here is an example of Digital Quality I recorded last season..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pfj7ni18Ug

Make sure to watch this video in High Quality, youtube does not do the quality of picture justice so it WILL be a lot better :)

Although theralph lists the audio pid at 484, the test scanned the apid in at 482. That may make a difference for those with stb's requiring manual pid entry (no blind scan).

manual PID entry is something different. I think you mean a manual scan and those will get the right pids :(

Pid entry is when you know there is something there but a manual (transponder) scan comes up with nothing so you manually have to enter all the info. The CW stations on G11/G17 C-Band is an example of that

• Upvote 1

I have to add another ringing endorsement to the many PSB has received. Pete has been helping me with my satellite for the last 4+ years and has been a great resource. I asked him for help with the recent move to the new satellite. He responded by telling me instead of coming out and then having to charge me, he would walk me through it. I am not the most technical of people but with Pete's guidance it was a breeze. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks Pete!

I have to add another ringing endorsement to the many PSB has received. Pete has been helping me with my satellite for the last 4+ years and has been a great resource. I asked him for help with the recent move to the new satellite. He responded by telling me instead of coming out and then having to charge me, he would walk me through it. I am not the most technical of people but with Pete's guidance it was a breeze. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks Pete!

THANKS cutter for the kind words, GLAD to help ANY Sioux fan no matter where they get their system!!!!!

GO SIOUX!

Are these values still valid for pointing?

Indeed! But that signal sometimes is weak, so dont worry too much if you cant get it right away. Take a break and try again in 2o minutes.

Kinda weak right now here!

Getting ABC news on G23 - to far to the east?

That's probably G28 at 89W you're pointed at; you need to go 4 degrees west; about two pencil widths. G23 is actually at the 121W position, and there's little there on ku band other than scrambled dishnetwork stations. ABCNews is not there, so that's probably not what you're pointed at.

One bit of confusion when you're scanning. You may be pointed at one sat and trying to blind scan another in the menu. The tps and channels for the satellite you're pointed at will be added to your channels, and labeled with the wrong satellite and wrong position. IE, if you're pointed at 101W but, in your pointing menu, you're scanning 89W, you'll get the channels on 101W, but they'll be saved as channels at 89W in your box's menu.