SiouxSports.com Forum

2008/2009 FSSN Schedule

sprig

http://www.wdaz.com/fssn/

Nothing yet on satellite coordinates.

Thanks Sprig, with everyday that passes I am getting the feeling there WILL be a satellite switch this year. The satellite used last year has had a power failure and a lot of sevices have been moved off to other satellites. I hope I am wrong, but if they do switch satellites I plan on making a video showing folks how to switch satellites themself. Of course folks with motorized systems like us will be able to switch to any satellite in seconds!

Can't wait for the season to start again, best time of the year!

What's up with that (Z) on some of the game listings?

Wondered if that may mean games shown on WDAZ in the eastern ND area?

If they were going to show any games on WDAZ, I'd think that Minnesota would be one of them.

Glad to see they are televising the away games at Duluth and Bemidji St.

I wish they would scrap the exhibition games and televise a couple more football games instead. ???

If they were going to show any games on WDAZ, I'd think that Minnesota would be one of them.

Glad to see they are televising the away games at Duluth and Bemidji St.

I wish they would scrap the exhibition games and televise a couple more football games instead. ???

I thought they were going to be showing 4 away games?

Original email from P Sweeney read "two away games" so I guess we get a bonus.

3 is better than none, I wonder about the legistics to tape the game in Bemidji though?

Thinking of which can anyone tell me what they have done with channel 23?

They have some interesting programing on it now.

3 is better than none, I wonder about the legistics to tape the game in Bemidji though?

simple

Charter in Bemidji does all the games so its pretty easy for FSSN to grab the feed, switch the audio track to Sweeney and whoever and beam it up on satellite. They could get by with honestly just the two announcers and just take the actual feed from Charter Bemidji

now before the next question is asked (so why cant they do the same for St Clown or Mansucko that does the same thing) I dont know the answer

Except that Gopher games are televised by locally available FSN, so are not likely to be on WDAZ.

what about the folks that have Dish or Direct or an antenna and dont have a KU system? They could see the game then

UMD use to do that for the Goofer games. Yeah it was on FSN but WDIO in Duluth would show those games too

Thinking of which can anyone tell me what they have done with channel 23?

They have some interesting programing on it now.

I have been wondering the same. They were showing some network called REELZ(?) for a while and now I am getting VS. even though they are still showing it on channel 69 as well. I don't need 2 VS. channels.

what about the folks that have Dish or Direct or an antenna and dont have a KU system? They could see the game then

If they have any TV at all, they probably have FSN in the GF area, including cable, dish, or directtv. It would be good for those watching locals only via over the air antenna.

That information is an exact duplicate of what is still on the REA web site from last season, although they changed transponders (on same satellite) for the Duluth road series, then stayed with the new transponder for the remainder of the season. That transponder may no longer have power, a scan of 93W finds almost nothing live remaining. I doubt that the FSSN will be on that satellite, but, for those pointing, it's the only one to point a fixed system at until more information is forthcoming from the REA. I'd certainly consider, for anyone buying, a motorized system, it's little more and you won't have to worry about last minute changes on your roof in an October snow storm ???

I've emailed Jamie before, as well as last week, and I've never had an answer returned, not certain why the REA lists an email link :lol: I'd guess they have not yet determined/paid for this season's satellite transponder. With no televised football scheduled until mid-October, they'll just need to have it in place by the Manitoba hockey game in early Oct.

I am curious but what types of satellites dishes are you guys talking about?

free to air

the best way to explain it is this. Remember the old backyard dishes that were 8-12 feet? Well there is a newer version called KU Band (the old C-Band dishes are still out there in force). You can pick up stuff with a 30-36" dish and a different receiver than what Dish & Direct sell. There are numerous satellites up in space (around 40 or so that we can see in North America) and some have nothing on them and some are loaded with stuff.

Some folks buy a system just for the Sioux games. About 15 minutes before game time the "feed" comes up (like a light switchy...no signal then boom signal) and after the game is over its gone. A feed is a short transmission of programming. News crews do it for newsfeeds (where they're up for 15 minutes or up for a day) and sports feeds (they have to get it from the stadium to the tv station somehow) ??? These folks use the box just for the games and the box is off or unplugged the other times

Motorized folks use a motor to move to the various satellites out there. This allows them to see all of what is up there and you can see stuff across various satellites.

free to air

the best way to explain it is this. Remember the old backyard dishes that were 8-12 feet? Well there is a newer version called KU Band (the old C-Band dishes are still out there in force). You can pick up stuff with a 30-36" dish and a different receiver than what Dish & Direct sell. There are numerous satellites up in space (around 40 or so that we can see in North America) and some have nothing on them and some are loaded with stuff.

Some folks buy a system just for the Sioux games. About 15 minutes before game time the "feed" comes up (like a light switchy...no signal then boom signal) and after the game is over its gone. A feed is a short transmission of programming. News crews do it for newsfeeds (where they're up for 15 minutes or up for a day) and sports feeds (they have to get it from the stadium to the tv station somehow) ??? These folks use the box just for the games and the box is off or unplugged the other times

Motorized folks use a motor to move to the various satellites out there. This allows them to see all of what is up there and you can see stuff across various satellites.

Thanks for the info. Now I can understand what the heck you guys are talking about. By the way do those big old dishes still work? This is how we use to find Blackhawk games for Digger to watch at the Ho. They had the big old dishes and the receiver/tuner box we played with.

Thanks for the info. Now I can understand what the heck you guys are talking about. By the way do those big old dishes still work? This is how we use to find Blackhawk games for Digger to watch at the Ho. They had the big old dishes and the receiver/tuner box we played with.

Those big dish's are in almost every country yard in ND, most not in use. If you can haul it and install it, you can get one for free.