SiouxMD

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then there is this little gem.

It isn't an exact science...

:D

I remain immensely proud of that one. Note that I didn't just get lazy and use the date, as has become so common lately, but actually managed to combine elements of the date with a sports statistic. That's what we had to do back in the 1400s in a world with only 12 months. ;)

I personally peaked on the next couple pages somewhere around here, but I was still quite green on filling in for MD and devoting more time than is sustainable.

I remain immensely proud of that one. Note that I didn't just get lazy and use the date, as has become so common lately, but actually managed to combine elements of the date with a sports statistic. That's what we had to do back in the 1400s in a world with only 12 months. ;)

I personally peaked on the next couple pages somewhere around here, but I was still quite green on filling in for MD and devoting more time than is sustainable.

If I didn't know better...I'd think you were talking about me.

:D

Sioux Sports Extra will be broadcast Sunday nights at 10:35 p.m. on WDAZ in Grand Forks (Ch. 8) and WDAY in Fargo (Ch. 6), and at 11:35 p.m. on KBMY in Bismark (Ch. 17) and KMCY in Minot (Ch. 14).

The 30-minute show will feature highlights, interviews and special features on all Fighting Sioux teams.

SOURCE - www.fightingsioux.com

Sioux capture first DI road victory with 94-71 win over Northern Arizona

NAU followed with a basket of their own, but the Sioux answered with yet another three-point play. After she pulled down the defensive board, Yongblut hit Seay as she charged towards the basket. Seay made the layup and the bonus push UND ahead, 18-6 with 11:34 left on the board.

SOURCE - www.fightingsioux.com

For yesterday...

The Chester Fritz Library's Great Plains Native American Culture, Heritage & Issues video collection contains:

Title: Wisdom of the Elders: 1998 North Dakota & South Dakota Oral History Collections

Description: 10 VHS cassettes (971 min.) - North Dakota 10 VHS cassettes (1133 min.) - South Dakota

Publisher: Portland, OR: Wisdom of the Elders, 1998

Call Number: E78.N75 W57 1998 - North Dakota E78.S63 W57 1998 - South Dakota

Summary: Indigenous Great Plains Elders are the rapidly vanishing and irreplaceable keepers of Great Plains oral history and tradition. This project focused on the memories of respected elders on the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River Indian Reservations. The elders reflect on their growing up days as well as memories of parents and grandparents, especially those cultural and family values of their traditional roots. These Great Plains Elders are distinctive and exemplary role models for Native American people and people of all cultures.

source