SiouxSports.com Forum

1460 Days to go...

SiouxMD

11/21/36

UND defeats the University of Detroit. The University of Detroit (now known as the University of Detroit Mercy) dropped DI football in 1964. The football program reorganized to become the Detroit Lions.

:D

14 UND

13 Detroit

Final

SOURCE - UND Football Media Guide

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For yesterday...

From the Quentin Burdick collection at the Chester Fritz Library...

After serving less than two years in the House of Representatives, Quentin Burdick ran in a June 1960 special election to fill the unexpired term of the late U.S. Senator William "Wild Bill" Langer. It was a close election, with the winning edge coming in the late returns from the Indian reservations. Mr. Burdick beat John Davis by just 1,118 votes.

For yesterday... (where's the Doc, haven't seen in him in about 10 days!)

In 2007-08, the School of Aerospace Sciences had 1113 men enrolled, vs. 150 women.

However, the School of Engineering and Mines is even more male-centric, with 843 men to a mere 103 women.

Gentlemen -- School of Nursing is where the ladies are at. 674 women with only 87 potential male suitors.

profile stats

For yesterday... (where's the Doc, haven't seen in him in about 10 days!)

In 2007-08, the School of Aerospace Sciences had 1113 men enrolled, vs. 150 women.

However, the School of Engineering and Mines is even more male-centric, with 843 men to a mere 103 women.

Gentlemen -- School of Nursing is where the ladies are at. 674 women with only 87 potential male suitors.

profile stats

I took a weeks vacation to go camping with my family...I got a family picture with a Wisconsin wild black bear in the background. My wife and kids freaked when I pointed it out to them after the fact.

:lol:

Starting tomorrow...I have one more week of civilian work prior to my second deployment to Iraq.

Ahh...Iraq in the summer.

I should be able to help out for the next week...then...who knows?

Anyone want to help Jim out for the next few months?

Starting tomorrow...I have one more week of civilian work prior to my second deployment to Iraq.

I *guess* you've got a pretty good excuse, I'll do my best to cover (though if I'm left to cover alone, people should expect lots of multi-day digests). Thanks for your service to our country!

However, I'm a little surprised you're headed off to Iraq, I could have sworn I saw in a news story that you were in Afghanistan just last month...

boxer_pano1_556039a.jpg

I took a weeks vacation to go camping with my family...I got a family picture with a Wisconsin wild black bear in the background. My wife and kids freaked when I pointed it out to them after the fact.

That's pretty cool.

11/07/2008 - UND Press Release

11/07/2008 -- UND's Kelley to give 'State of the University' Address Tuesday, Nov. 18

University of North Dakota President Robert Kelley will deliver his first "State of the University" address at the University Council at 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 18, in the Memorial Union Ballroom. Kelley will share his vision for the future of the University and celebrate past-year accomplishments from individual schools and colleges on campus.

SOURCE - www.und.edu

As threatened, if left to me in the Doc's absence, get used to multi-day digests.

Jun 20

In Fall 2002, UND had 1106 first-year male students

http://www.edref.com/school_list/universit...ota-main-campus

Jun 21

70.1%, or 1105, of UND applicants were found to have financial need (98.2% of those, 1085, received financial aid)

Found to Have Financial Need 1,105 (70.1%) of applicants

Jun 22

11/04/1895 First football win vs NDSU (3rd meeting, won 42-0)

Jun 23

11/03/1894 First football game vs NDSU (lost 4-20)

Jun 24

If you want to get in touch with G.F. Herald reporter, Chuck Haga, who frequently reports on UND issues, pick up the phone and call (701) 780-1102

Jun 25

1101 career rushing attempts by Phillip Moore 1995-98 (#1 all time)

Jun 26

If you want to take UND's ESL English Language program and want to live in a dorm or on-campus apartment, be prepared to pay $1100 for 4 weeks.

http://202.211.203.134/school.asp?aid=0,0&...15200&lid=0

• 2 weeks later...

Jun 27

UND football kicker, Brandon Hellevang, ranks third in extra points attempted with 109, including a UND record 9 extra points made on 9/22/07 at Western Washington

Jun 28

If you had an active student account in the previous year, UND will send you a 1098T by January 31st that can be used to claim your Hope or Lifetime Learning Credit.

http://www.und.edu/dept/studentaccounts/html/taxinfo.htm

Jun 29

1097-5349.jpg

Kathryn Rand, of the UND School of Law, is on the editorial board of Gaming Law Review and Economics, ISSN: 1097-5349

http://www.liebertpub.com/products/eboard.aspx?pid=16

Jun 30

In 10/96 the UND hockey team began its campaign for its first national title in 10 years with sweeps of Denver and Michigan Tech.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/1996/

Jul 1

March 10-11, 1995

Jul 6

If you want to apply for the Community of Learners Scholarship Program, you better have an SAT score of at least 1090. http://www.und.edu/dept/finaid/Pre-Freshma...holarships.html

Jul 7

1089 WBB: Career points by Tracey Pudenz 1990-94 (#20 all time)

Jul 8

1088 WBB: Field goals attempted by Kris Jones 1984-86 (#10 all time)

Jul 9

WBB: The last time the Fighting Sioux failed to reach the 10-win mark was during the 1986-87 season. They have put double-digits in the win column ever since head coach Gene Roebuck took over the helm in 1987.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=3655237

Jul 10

JamieSkadeland.jpg

Jamie Skadeland, head volleyball coach at the Colorado School of Mines, left her career at UND with 1086 digs, 10th all-time.

http://www.mines.edu/HeadVolleyballCoach

Jul 11

13743.jpeg

Jody Garry, assistant coach of the Washington State University Cougars, ranks 8th all-time in kills at UND with 1085.

http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/w-volley...rry_jody00.html

Jul 12

As of last time it was indexed by Google, "UND puts up 6 goals vs. Minnesota" had 1084 views on YouTube (see here). It's now up to about 4500.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

• 2 weeks later...

Jul 13

From Early History of North Dakota:

The cornerstone of the first building on the present University grounds, Main Building, was laid 10/2/83.

1880-Old-Main_new.jpg

Jul 14

Men's hockey record, fewest goalie saves in a period, 3-way tie: 0 by Bob Peabody (1-16-59, 3rd period vs. Michigan); Mel Donnelly (12-21-79, 1st period vs. Ohio State) and Darren Jensen (12-10-82, 1st period vs. Denver)

Jul 15

10/81 -- The restored president's mansion, popularly known as Oxford Hall, was opened as the new home of the UND Alumni Association and Foundation, and dedicated in honor of J. Lloyd Stone.

Jul 16

Want a spot in the Freshman Community of Leaners Scholarship Program (CLSP) at UND? Be sure to get a minimum SAT math and critical reading combined score of 1080).

Money for school

Jul 17

Why? Philosophical Discussions about everyday life is North Dakota's very own call-in philosophy radio show. Its purposes are to create a large-scale conversation between philosophical professionals and the general public and to illustrate how day-to-day life is steeped in deep philosophical commitments.

The show is broadcast live on 89.3 FM in Grand Forks; other Prairie Public radio stations across the state; in Winnipeg on Shaw Cable, 107.9; and online for anyone who wants it around the world at www.whyradioshow.org

source

Jul 18

UND named 1078 students to the Spring 2003 Dean's List. Congrats, John Bata, and all the rest.

UND Spring 2003 Dean's List

Jul 19

2008_Dev_Camp_Lamoureux_01.jpg

In 2007-2008, UND hockey goalie J.P. Lamoureux faced 1077 shots (of which only 73 slipped past him!).

source

Jul 20

The Journal of Neurochemistry's volume 107(6) includes "Differential effects of 24-hydroxycholesterol and 27-hydroxycholesterol on tyrosine hydroxylase and α-synuclein in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells", coauthored by Othman Ghribi, Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Therapeutics, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Jul 21

If you're in Grand Forks and want to listen to some rock, KJ108 is your station, but you actually tune your dial to 107.5

200px-KJKJ.png

Jul 22

In men's hockey, the Sioux were 10-23-1 in 73-74.

Jul 23

I repeat, in men's hockey, the Sioux were 10-23-1 in 73-74. (Sorry).

Jul 24

Down by as much as 10, UND won 72-58 over Lamar in a Dec. 29, 2008, women's basketball game. It was UND's first D-I victory over a Southland Conference opponent.

Jul 25

WCHA.jpg

The WCHA first hit 10 teams in 71 with the admittance of Notre Dame. It stayed at 10 until Michigan, Michigan State, Michigan Tech, and Notre Dame fled for the CCHA in 1980.

Jul 26

Jake Caufield, former UND WR, racked up 1,070 receiving yards and nine touchdowns as a senior at Minot High in 2003.

Jul 27

On 10/27/2007, Rob on Say Anything noted that UND did receive tribal approval to use the Fighting Sioux nickname, in 1969 from a band of Standing Rock Sioux (Uncpapa Sioux).

It also rehashes the amusing story of the origins of the nickname.

Jul 28

Travis Bledsoe scored 10 pts, all in the 2nd half, in UND men's basketball's 76-68 defeat of SIUE on Feb 19, 2009. It was UND's first win over a transitional D-I team.

source

Jul 29

UND football had 10 returns for 67 yards in UND's 47-7 win over Western Washington for the 40th annual Potato Bowl.

source

• 2 weeks later...

For 31JUL2009

Upper Iowa Loses at North Dakota - 11DEC2007

North Dakota (6-3) took a 24-19 lead at halftime after forcing Upper Iowa (0-9) into 13 turnovers in the first twenty minutes. Upper Iowa played good defense to stay in the contest as they only allowed the Fighting Sioux to hit 10 field goals and forced UND into committing 8 turnovers.

51 Peacocks

65 UND

Final

For 01AUG2009

Sioux high-five leads to 82-64 win over Golden Eagles - 13JAN2009

Five players finished in double-figures for the Sioux. Kimbrough led the attack with 24 points and 10 rebounds. She scored the first bucket to start both halves and came into the second stanza with a season-high 19 points scored in one half.

64 Crookston

82 UND

Final

For 02AUG2009

Montana ends UND win streak with 83-63 victory - 02DEC2008

The game was close for the 10 minutes or so of the first half, as there were four ties and North Dakota took an early 5-2 lead in the opening minute.

63 UND

83 Griz

Final

For 03AUG2009

Balanced attack leads Sioux past Jamestown, 91-62 - 02DEC2008

Senior Kierah Kimbrough (Greenbush, Minn.) led the Sioux with 23 points off of 10-of-16 shooting and a career-high five blocks.

62 Jimmies

91 UND

Final