SiouxSports.com Forum

Brewster to UND?

bincitysioux

Roebuck's heir apparent in a few years? If so, it would be a wise move. Brewster can flat out recruit.

That's great news! Wasn't Brewster also helpful in moderating some of Roebuck's emotional outbursts? Brewster's experience at SDSU and Illinois-Chicago (or was it Loyola) should have given him more insight into what it takes at the DI level.

:) Is this a for sure thing?? If so, what GREAT news....could've used him the last 2 years and we definitely need him for recruiting!

He's only been gone for 2 years. Aren't most of our players now kids he recruited? Wonder why he came back. Who is leaving?

He's only been gone for 2 years. Aren't most of our players now kids he recruited? Wonder why he came back. Who is leaving?

I believe a new position was recently created, so I don't think anyone is necessarily leaving. If this turns out to be true, I can certainly understand why he'd come back. I'm sure he wants to be a head coach, and conventional wisdom is that the UND job will be open within a few years. It should help his chances to be chosen to succeed Roebuck if he's on the staff when that time comes. He's a proven recruiter, and also a likeable guy from everything I've heard.

UND is probably getting rid of the graduate assistant position currently filled by Josh Johnson and replacing it with a regular assistant coach position. The NCAA limits DI basketball to 4 head or assistant coaches and there are no provisions for GA's(GA's are only figured in for FBS football and women's rowing). Regular student assistants are also regulated to a greater degree in DI.

• 3 weeks later...