18. South Dakota St.

19. Eastern Illinois

20. New Hampshire

21. The Citadel

22. Eastern Kentucky

23. Fordham

24. Yale

25. Furman

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Harvard (33), Sam Houston St. (31), Delaware St. (29), Northern Arizona (27), Central Arkansas (24), Montana St. (24), Jackson St. (23), South Carolina St. (22), Jacksonville St. (18), Grambling St. (16), Liberty (16), Holy Cross (14), Western Illinois (13), Albany (12), Hofstra (12), Dayton (10), Hampton (10), Nicholls St. (7), Coastal Carolina (5), Colgate (5), Norfolk St. (5)

TEAM MOST ON THE RISE: Cal Poly

TEAM FALLING THE MOST: Delaware

Any Given Saturday Poll Top 25

PRE-SEASON 5/26/2008

(First place votes in parenthesis)

1. Appalachian St. (76)

2. James Madison (2)

3. Richmond (1)

4. North Dakota St. (2)

5. Northern Iowa

6. Massachusetts

7. Montana

8. McNeese St.

9. Eastern Washington

10. Wofford

11. Delaware

12. Southern Illinois

13. Cal Poly (1)

14. Youngstown St.

15. Elon

16. Georgia Southern

17. Villanova

18. South Dakota St.

19. Eastern Illinois

20. New Hampshire

21. The Citadel

22. Eastern Kentucky

23. Fordham

24. Yale

25. Furman

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Harvard (33), Sam Houston St. (31), Delaware St. (29), Northern Arizona (27), Central Arkansas (24), Montana St. (24), Jackson St. (23), South Carolina St. (22), Jacksonville St. (18), Grambling St. (16), Liberty (16), Holy Cross (14), Western Illinois (13), Albany (12), Hofstra (12), Dayton (10), Hampton (10), Nicholls St. (7), Coastal Carolina (5), Colgate (5), Norfolk St. (5)

TEAM MOST ON THE RISE: Cal Poly

TEAM FALLING THE MOST: Delaware

were we not up for voting? or are we really not gonna be in the top 50 teams next year

were we not up for voting? or are we really not gonna be in the top 50 teams next year

This is a poll put together by fans who post often enough of the anygivensaturday.com website. Most haven't probably heard too much about us since we're new to Division I. I'd say give us one or two seasons and we should start appearing regularly in these things.

This is a poll put together by fans who post often enough of the anygivensaturday.com website. Most haven't probably heard too much about us since we're new to Division I. I'd say give us one or two seasons and we should start appearing regularly in these things.

I agree. After this year, I think they will know who you are.

No it wasn't good but not as bad as yours and usd. I also remember alot of Sioux fans blasting NDSU for it too.

Pretty much any Sioux fan will tell you this isn't a very impressive schedule. I would take a NCC schedule over this one anyday.

The difference is that Sioux fans will tell you this isn't a great schedule. Bison fans would be trying to convince everyone how difficult it is.

Pretty much any Sioux fan will tell you this isn't a very impressive schedule. I would take a NCC schedule over this one anyday.

The difference is that Sioux fans will tell you this isn't a great schedule. Bison fans would be trying to convince everyone how difficult it is.

That is a wonderful and very valid point.

No it wasn't good but not as bad as yours and usd. I also remember alot of Sioux fans blasting NDSU for it too.

You know what the schedule isn't great but at least we tried to schedule good teams. You guys had an 8 game head start this season and still have three absolute dogs on your schedule (Austin Peay, Central Conn., and Indiana State). I know Indiana State is a conference game but seriously how many cupcakes do you need to play in a season? Looks like Gene "The gutless wonder" Taylor has taken some scheduling tips from the Montana schools and doesn't think he needs to schedule anyone with a pulse for non-conference games. Expect the future Sioux schedules to only get better while the Bi-son continue to schedule patsies.

You know what the schedule isn't great but at least we tried to schedule good teams. You guys had an 8 game head start this season and still have three absolute dogs on your schedule (Austin Peay, Central Conn., and Indiana State). I know Indiana State is a conference game but seriously how many cupcakes do you need to play in a season? Looks like Gene "The gutless wonder" Taylor has taken some scheduling tips from the Montana schools and doesn't think he needs to schedule anyone with a pulse for non-conference games. Expect the future Sioux schedules to only get better while the Bi-son continue to schedule patsies.

Didn't GT schedule Wyoming for non-conference play? Pretty sure he has Iowa State lined for next year, a game at Sam Houston State a few years from now, and a home game with Georgia Southern in 2011. That kind of scheduling doesn't sound too much like a gutless wonder.

Didn't GT schedule Wyoming for non-conference play? Pretty sure he has Iowa State lined for next year, a game at Sam Houston State a few years from now, and a home game with Georgia Southern in 2011. That kind of scheduling doesn't sound too much like a gutless wonder.

Counting FBS teams as strong non-conference scheduling doesn't count for much as there is exactly zero pressure to win. FCS schools schedule FBS schools as a way to build notoriety and garner attention if they are able to pull off the upset. If they lose it's really no big deal. (Note: I'm still in strong favor of UND scheduling an FBS as soon as rules allow it.) Plus it appears you'll be pulling a Montana and buying out the Sam Houston contract since a strong FCS non-conference game on the road might be too much for the poor, little bison to handle.

The AC's schedules since moving to D-I have routinely lacked games against other FCS powers. The proof is lies in the decisions "Not so Mean" Gene made this off-season, he could have gone out and tried to schedule at least one FCS with a pulse. Instead he brought in the two turds. Plus, I'm sure when UND is a full counter next season we'll have to listen to a whole laundry list of whiny-ass excuses as to why the cows can't play the Sioux, while they fill their non-conference dates with some more punchless wonders.

Counting FBS teams as strong non-conference scheduling doesn't count for much as there is exactly zero pressure to win. FCS schools schedule FBS schools as a way to build notoriety and garner attention if they are able to pull off the upset. If they lose it's really no big deal. (Note: I'm still in strong favor of UND scheduling an FBS as soon as rules allow it.) Plus it appears you'll be pulling a Montana and buying out the Sam Houston contract since a strong FCS non-conference game on the road might be too much for the poor, little bison to handle.

The AC's schedules since moving to D-I have routinely lacked games against other FCS powers. The proof is lies in the decisions "Not so Mean" Gene made this off-season, he could have gone out and tried to schedule at least one FCS with a pulse. Instead he brought in the two turds. Plus, I'm sure when UND is a full counter next season we'll have to listen to a whole laundry list of whiny-ass excuses as to why the cows can't play the Sioux, while they fill their non-conference dates with some more punchless wonders.

Where did you get we are buying SHSU from? MplsBison is not a reliable source by the way.

As for Austin Peay and CCSU, it is called getting 6 home games and quite a few FCS team will schedule DII teams in order to get 6. With 5 ranked teams and an FBS on the schedule there is no reason to go overboard and schedule a game at App St or Montana. I'll disagree about the FBS game because there are more then a few people expecting NDSU to be right in there with Wyoming. Going 3-1 against FBS teams will raise expectations a bit.

Where did you get we are buying SHSU from? MplsBison is not a reliable source by the way.

As for Austin Peay and CCSU, it is called getting 6 home games and quite a few FCS team will schedule DII teams in order to get 6. With 5 ranked teams and an FBS on the schedule there is no reason to go overboard and schedule a game at App St or Montana. I'll disagree about the FBS game because there are more then a few people expecting NDSU to be right in there with Wyoming. Going 3-1 against FBS teams will raise expectations a bit.

If NDSU lost their next 10 games in a row against FBS teams Coach Bohl would still have a job. If they lost 10 in a row against high level FCS teams he'd be out on the curb. Furthermore, you haven't exactly been beating the "creme de la creme" of FBS schools either. I'd probably have to say Wyoming this year might be the best FBS team you've actually faced. I'll stand by each of my prior statements.

If NDSU lost their next 10 games in a row against FBS teams Coach Bohl would still have a job. If they lost 10 in a row against high level FCS teams he'd be out on the curb. Furthermore, you haven't exactly been beating the "creme de la creme" of FBS schools either. I'd probably have to say Wyoming this year might be the best FBS team you've actually faced. I'll stand by each of my prior statements.

Here's a sioux fan talking about something he's knows nothing about. (as usual) If you weren't so sad it'd be funny. With the schedule UND has and he's smacking ours? NDSU's schedule would rank as a top ten as for strenght of schedule this year. I think you'll find out it's not easy to schedule FBS games and get top FCS teams for home games. Gene has done a great job of getting us through the transition. We'll see how many Big Ten teams you beat in MBB and FB in the next 4 years. Were you just a little jealous watching the Bison turn the Metro Dome in a home field advantage in our win over MN? You have a ton of things to worry about within your own transition to DI (so far NOT so good) so don't try to spin ours so yours won't look so bad.

Here's a sioux fan talking about something he's knows nothing about. (as usual) If you weren't so sad it'd be funny. With the schedule UND has and he's smacking ours? NDSU's schedule would rank as a top ten as for strenght of schedule this year. I think you'll find out it's not easy to schedule FBS games and get top FCS teams for home games. Gene has done a great job of getting us through the transition. We'll see how many Big Ten teams you beat in MBB and FB in the next 4 years. Were you just a little jealous watching the Bison turn the Metro Dome in a home field advantage in our win over MN? You have a ton of things to worry about within your own transition to DI (so far NOT so good) so don't try to spin ours so yours won't look so bad.

The Bison did a nice job of taking it to the Gophs. Hopefully the Sioux will see similar success in the coming years.

As for things to worry about, I feel good about the recent hires UND has made with both Kelley and Faison. Neither of them were the one I would have picked (which is why I was not on either selection committee), but in hindsight it is easy to see why these two were hired. I think UND has some great new leadership coming on board and that will lead to great things for the University of North Dakota.

The Bison did a nice job of taking it to the Gophs. Hopefully the Sioux will see similar success in the coming years.

As for things to worry about, I feel good about the recent hires UND has made with both Kelley and Faison. Neither of them were the one I would have picked (which is why I was not on either selection committee), but in hindsight it is easy to see why these two were hired. I think UND has some great new leadership coming on board and that will lead to great things for the University of North Dakota.

I agree - I hope one of the first phone calls Mr. Faison made was to Gene. I haven't heard of any communication but it would have been a smart thing to do.

Wow the ignorance in that post is profound. Please try to put a little thought into your posts, I know you want to smack NDSU anytime & anywhere possible but to say that just proves you shouldnt be posting.