SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross jerseys

forecheck

Those Holy Cross jerseys added a few more memories.

1) One of them marched around the Xcel Energy Center with the UM band.

2) A number of them wound up on the big screen during the UM game.

3) There was a team picture of Holy Cross jerseys at the Final Five.

Of course, it was all in good fun!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I remember the Jersey making a lap with the UMN band, that was classic... No matter who you are that is funny. I honestly don't know why people get so upset with the people more fans of teams other than the goofs that wear the Holy Cross Jerseys? We live in a free capitalistic society and people are free to wear and express themselves as they see fit. I actually have an SCSU jersey, don't know why but I have one.

Personally I find that Holy Cross sweater way less offensive than say a: B.C., Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, DU and or a Green Bay Packer anything. After seeing the MTU jersey's and I thought I might actually want one of them as well.

I didn't bother reading through all the bickering so I don't know if there were anymore questions. Jennifer (from Holy Cross) sent me a nice display of pictures, numbers, and other info of the jerseys but I don't know how to post it because it's in a pdf format on Adobe. Any suggestions? Otherwise if you're interested in seeing it, email me at nemiller@medicine.nodak.edu and I'll forward it to you. Her contact info is on there so you can arrange things with her.

Here's a link to the pdf. I just realized this website also hosts some adult content, so if you click on this link, some non-work friendly pictures may appear. :D

Also follow the directions they provide and right-click and save the file rather than just clicking on it.

I have to say I don't understand the HC jersey thing but to each their own. Still, I think this is great because it gives the tea party over on GPL something to gossip about. :)

I notice they are still whining about it over on GPL.

I notice they are still whining about it over on GPL.

I will never regret spending money on a Holy Cross jerseys for three reasons. 1) It's a piece of history. THE biggest college hockey lose in NC$$ history, 2) dancing around the Xcel concourse with the UMtc band during the F5 wearing a Holy Cross jersey, and 3) taking this picture in the middle of Goofyland with NO ONE taking issue with our taking many pictures of Goldie wearing the jersey of his new favorite team. :)

goldie.jpg

I will never regret spending money on a Holy Cross jerseys for three reasons. 1) It's a piece of history. THE biggest college hockey lose in NC$$ history, 2) dancing around the Xcel concourse with the UMtc band during the F5 wearing a Holy Cross jersey, and 3) taking this picture in the middle of Goofyland with NO ONE taking issue with our taking many pictures of Goldie wearing the jersey of his new favorite team. :D

goldie.jpg

It sounds like Goofy fans really don't care anymore. :)

It sounds like Goofy fans really don't care anymore. :D

Taken the summer of 2006. They still felt very embarassed and were 'feeling shame'. That's why they didn't say anything. :)

Can you imagine any school letting someone put the jersey from a team who beat them in the regional playoffs or anytime on their mascot!! Oh wait....

Taken the summer of 2006. They still felt very embarassed and were 'feeling shame'. That's why they didn't say anything. :)

Can you imagine any school letting someone put the jersey from a team who beat them in the regional playoffs or anytime on their mascot!! Oh wait....

I guess i am not clear as to why that was supposed to upset anyone...........

I guess i am not clear as to why that was supposed to upset anyone...........

OK.

I thought it was hilarious. Had a lot of fun doing it and it brings a smile to my face when I think of it. You're right. It doesn't upset me at all. :)

The problem is, you don't see Gopher fans going out and buying BC jerseys. The same can't be said about our fanbase going out and buying Holy Cross jerseys. It's sad, really, that we have fans that take more pride in another team's loss than the successes that the Sioux have had on the ice. Then again, it has been awhile since we've won the national championship. Not good considering the WCHA dominance for the majority of the last 6-7 years.

I am a gopher fan and I must say that you guys are better than this. This holy cross stuff is so old and boring.

We are the top two programs in college hockey. When sioux fans buy holy cross jerseys, they salute the gopher program by showing they care. That is something that would be expected out of mankato or st cloud fans. Those programs don't have the chances to win titles like ours do. I respect the sioux as much as any program out there as they always put out a strong team, but I would never consider buying a jersey of a team because they beat the sioux (under any circumstances). To each his own, but I don't see a need for this years after the fact. I'm not telling you to forget (as holy cross was the team that deserved to win), but buying jerseys still...cmon. And the "we love a hard working underdog team" thing doesn't hold water. You weren't buying holy cross jerseys if mankato was the #1 seed and got knocked off by them.....you'd barely remember it now.

Anyway, see you at the final 5 (i'll be in the bc jersey...just kidding) and let the ripping of me commence.

Picture this

The Fighting Sioux lose to Holy Cross Crusaders...

No way in H E double hockey sticks that the Goofs wouldn't still be sticking it to us over the loss; yesterday, today, tomorrow and into infinity!! No need to say, "Oh no, not us! We would never stoop so low." Yeah, right!! It's all part of the rivalry. It's all in fun...at the Goofs expense.

If Holy Cross beat any WCHA #1 ranked team, other than the Fighting Sioux, damn straight I would buy their jersey. Being that they beat the Goofs makes it just that much sweeter!

As I said before, don't come on to a thread that has Holy Cross in it's title if this bugs you, if it's old, if it's ...whatever.

Picture this

The Fighting Sioux lose to Holy Cross Crusaders...

No way in H E double hockey sticks that the Goofs wouldn't still be sticking it to us over the loss; yesterday, today, tomorrow and into infinity!! No need to say, "Oh no, not us! We would never stoop so low." Yeah, right!! It's all part of the rivalry. It's all in fun...at the Goofs expense.

If Holy Cross beat any WCHA #1 ranked team, other than the Fighting Sioux, damn straight I would buy their jersey. Being that they beat the Goofs makes it just that much sweeter!

As I said before, don't come on to a thread that has Holy Cross in it's title if this bugs you, if it's old, if it's ...whatever.

I definitely would be sticking it to you about the loss, but not years after in this manner. It's no different than talking about past successes. Back to back titles is over and done for the gophers. It was great but it's past time to gloat on that. Do I bring up the 1979 title game? No, of course I don't. Old and boring. It's more interesting if you still rip frazee at this point and that is old news. It's like georgetown basketball haters wearing villanova jerseys.

So you would buy the jersey, why? Maybe you would do that for your own reasons (jersey collector), but I can't see legions of sioux fans buying princeton jerseys because they knocked off #1 michigan tech.

And the only reason I came on this thread is because I heard there was one and couldn't believe it.

I definitely would be sticking it to you about the loss, but not years after in this manner. It's no different than talking about past successes. Back to back titles is over and done for the gophers. It was great but it's past time to gloat on that. Do I bring up the 1979 title game? No, of course I don't. Old and boring. It's more interesting if you still rip frazee at this point and that is old news. It's like georgetown basketball haters wearing villanova jerseys.

So you would buy the jersey, why? Maybe you would do that for your own reasons (jersey collector), but I can't see legions of sioux fans buying princeton jerseys because they knocked off #1 michigan tech.

And the only reason I came on this thread is because I heard there was one and couldn't believe it.

I'm going to buy a Notre Dame jersey. If I hadn't been wearing a game worn Sioux jersey, a Notre Dame fan and I would have traded jerseys. Fun!!!

I'm going to buy a Notre Dame jersey. If I hadn't been wearing a game worn Sioux jersey, a Notre Dame fan and I would have traded jerseys. Fun!!!

indeed, sounds like a humdinger to me. and get one of those helmets.

Hey ZOD - Just how the hell are we to pass the summer without hockey, unless we can do stuff like this. Yes we have other things to do over the summer, but let's face it. Sioux hockey is #1. I'm sorry the Gopher fans don't feel that way about their team.

And I will readily admit that I root for the Sioux first, then the WCHA, then the west, EXCEPT if it involves the Gophers. I cannot cross that bridge and root for the Gophers. I will admit that there was one game this year where I didn't root against them, but I also didn't root for them. That is as close as non-commital Gopher support as you will get from me.

Hey ZOD - Just how the hell are we to pass the summer without hockey, unless we can do stuff like this. Yes we have other things to do over the summer, but let's face it. Sioux hockey is #1. I'm sorry the Gopher fans don't feel that way about their team.

And I will readily admit that I root for the Sioux first, then the WCHA, then the west, EXCEPT if it involves the Gophers. I cannot cross that bridge and root for the Gophers. I will admit that there was one game this year where I didn't root against them, but I also didn't root for them. That is as close as non-commital Gopher support as you will get from me.

I understand. I miss wcha hockey too.....a lot. This topic is just played out, though.

Is there a gremlin standing behind you holding a gun to your head, making you read this thread? :)

Do you really not want counterpoints? Is this site just a big sioux lovefest with no checks or balances? You want that gremlin standing behind me. Without him, the message boards are pretty boring.

Do you really not want counterpoints? Is this site just a big sioux lovefest with no checks or balances?

This is a Fighting Sioux message board, there is no requirement to say nice things about the Goofs or BADgers anyone else. :)

This is a Fighting Sioux message board, there is no requirement to say nice things about the Goofs or BADgers anyone else. :)

I didn't say anything about requirements to say nice things about opposition. Reread the quote you responded to.