SiouxSports.com Forum

Notable Quotes from Sioux Players

MafiaMan

Mafiaman, thanks for attempting to start a positive thread. I for one had a few too many after the game on thursday. I was upset abour to the game. But what I keep trying to remember is that they are kids or young men and they play a game and the boys did not play how the fans wanted them too. To bad for us. But I still say Thanks for the Great Year and I will be there next year to cheer them on again. GO SIOUX!

I was depressed as the next Sioux fan and I certainly don't have an issue with constructive criticism of players. As a dad of a hockey player, I am often frustrated by the comments I hear from parents in the stands at MITES games! It's unbelievable. If in 14-16 years my kid is a Sioux hockey player and I read a "THE OFFICIAL MAFIAMAN JR'S KID SUCKS AND THE SOONER HE LEAVES THE SIOUX, THE BETTER" thread and actually ran into a poster like that in person, seriously, I'd probably pop him in the face.

I coach youth baseball and often have the same problem: The kids are having fun but mom and dad in the stands aren't happy because Connor's not playing SS every inning and batting lead-off all the time. These aren't 10-14 year olds, mind you, I'm talking KINDERGARTEN-FIRST GRADE coach-pitch baseball!

I notice it's been about a week since Mr 10,000+ posts AZSIOUX has even been on the board. Hopefully he hasn't followed the path of some others and still intends to make an appearance here once in a while. It'd be a shame to lose this board to the pack of negative fans that seems to want to take it over and dominate discussions.

I was depressed as the next Sioux fan and I certainly don't have an issue with constructive criticism of players. As a dad of a hockey player, I am often frustrated by the comments I hear from parents in the stands at MITES games! It's unbelievable. If in 14-16 years my kid is a Sioux hockey player and I read a "THE OFFICIAL MAFIAMAN JR'S KID SUCKS AND THE SOONER HE LEAVES THE SIOUX, THE BETTER" thread and actually ran into a poster like that in person, seriously, I'd probably pop him in the face.

I coach youth baseball and often have the same problem: The kids are having fun but mom and dad in the stands aren't happy because Connor's not playing SS every inning and batting lead-off all the time. These aren't 10-14 year olds, mind you, I'm talking KINDERGARTEN-FIRST GRADE coach-pitch baseball!

I notice it's been about a week since Mr 10,000+ posts AZSIOUX has even been on the board. Hopefully he hasn't followed the path of some others and still intends to make an appearance here once in a while. It'd be a shame to lose this board to the pack of negative fans that seems to want to take it over and dominate discussions.

I agree this place is getting way to negative if we lose AZSIOUX it might be time to shut it down. ss.com used to be a place to talk hockey and other UND sports but lately it is getting to be like jr. high. Lets not be like goofer fans. Sioux fans are better then this board has been lately. We have a great team and a great tradition, I think it is time some of our fans start acting like it.

I agree this place is getting way to negative if we lose AZSIOUX it might be time to shut it down. ss.com used to be a place to talk hockey and other UND sports but lately it is getting to be like jr. high. Lets not be like goofer fans. Sioux fans are better then this board has been lately. We have a great team and a great tradition, I think it is time some of our fans start acting like it.

Please send these concerns to Jim Dahl. He is open to any suggestions you have.

I saw the title of this thread and thought, "Great!". Then I started reading it and thought, "Aw $hit!"

Anyway, my favorite quote from a Sioux player, not after the Thursday game, just a moment in Fighting Sioux history. Last year during the Purple Cow massacre,

Radke standing with his arms outstretched and a Purple Cow hanging onto him and punching him, "Can I go Coach, can I go?"

Hak, "NO!"

The Sioux bench, "YES!"

:lol::lol:

God, how I love Fighting Sioux hockey!!! :silly:

I saw the title of this thread and thought, "Great!". Then I started reading it and thought, "Aw $hit!"

Anyway, my favorite quote from a Sioux player, not after the Thursday game, just a moment in Fighting Sioux history. Last year during the Purple Cow massacre,

Radke standing with his arms outstretched and a Purple Cow hanging onto him and punching him, "Can I go Coach, can I go?"

Hak, "NO!"

The Sioux bench, "YES!"

You know what's harder for me to accept than the loss last Thursday to BC?

The fact that we only have two more seasons to play Fighting Sioux hockey. After that, it's "let's play [insert politically-correct nickname here] hockey. :D

Do you not agree that this board has taken a turn for the worse in the last year?

Sorry, but it's been going downhill for longer than that. I'd say January of Brian Lee's freshman year was the start of the downward spiral.

I'm not ready to blame Jim on this. He cannot be held accountable for some of the idiots who post here. Micromanagement only adds on to his workload and that makes this place not fun (not that this place is any fun for Jim).

But seriously, instead of closing this place down, we should be working hard to help Jim make this place better. Remember, Gopher fans loved prideonice before it shut down. GPL took a long time to garner acceptance. We didn't help it any, but right now we'd be losing a lot more than we'd be gaining if this place shut down...

Do you not agree that this board has taken a turn for the worse in the last year?

After taking shots at him on the board last week, I had a nice PM discussion with Jim about some of these very issues. He was very receptive to any suggestions or ideas, and appreciated the feedback. If you have issues PM Jim and let him know, that way they can be addressed. By the way I want to publicly apolgize to Jim for the barbs I was throwing out at him, it was just frustrating for me to read some of the crap that people were spewing.

Hak, "NO!"

The Sioux bench, "YES!"

God I'm going to miss Radke and Kaip. Both of them added so much fire to the team. They both played hard against BC but couldn't get it done.

Hak, "NO!"

The Sioux bench, "YES!"

Yeah, that was cool but wasn't it Kaip?

We didn't help it any, but right now we'd be losing a lot more than we'd be gaining if this place shut down...

Hip Hip! Hooray!

I view siouxsports.com as a place to not only discuss Sioux hockey, but as a place to make friends, buy/sell tickets, etc. I have met many fans out here and even posting a PM at 6:55 pm on a Friday night will usually get me invited to Joe Senser's in Bloomington. I run into many posters at road games and we always find time to say 'hi' and chat for a bit. The positives of Sioux hockey and this message board far outweigh the negatives.

Hey, redwing77, are you as happy about the Red Wings blowing last night's game as I am? :silly:

Hip Hip! Hooray!

I view siouxsports.com as a place to not only discuss Sioux hockey, but as a place to make friends, buy/sell tickets, etc. I have met many fans out here and even posting a PM at 6:55 pm on a Friday night will usually get me invited to Joe Senser's in Bloomington. I run into many posters at road games and we always find time to say 'hi' and chat for a bit. The positives of Sioux hockey and this message board far outweigh the negatives.

Hey, redwing77, are you as happy about the Red Wings blowing last night's game as I am? :silly:

No. I'm also unhappy that I can't root against the Wild this series. They suck so hardcore (imo one if not the worst playoff team) but I can't in good conscience root for the Avs either.

Well, hopefully Detroit pulls their heads from their breezers and ends it.

And, for the record, I hate Lou Nanne with a passion. He believes that, once a skater reaches a certain age, they become crap. Didn't stop Sakic from scoring last night. Didn't stop him from putting it in the back of the net in the Avs' win. Nanne you are a worthless homer. Stop drinking the Wild kool-aid and open your eyes.

No. I'm also unhappy that I can't root against the Wild this series. They suck so hardcore (imo one if not the worst playoff team) but I can't in good conscience root for the Avs either.

Well, hopefully Detroit pulls their heads from their breezers and ends it.

And, for the record, I hate Lou Nanne with a passion. He believes that, once a skater reaches a certain age, they become crap. Didn't stop Sakic from scoring last night. Didn't stop him from putting it in the back of the net in the Avs' win. Nanne you are a worthless homer. Stop drinking the Wild kool-aid and open your eyes.

Personally, I think Ottawa is this year's sorriest playoff team, but that's my opinion. I agree that the Lemaire trap gets old. It's like watching paint dry.

Seeing Forsberg skate for the Avalanche brings me back to the good old days of 1997 and 1998. Oh, 2002 was great too...the game 7 where Patrick Roy gave up, what was it, 6 goals in the first period? ESPN Classic!

Ok, I am going to get long winded here. I don't have a specific quote, but do want to thank all the players and coaches for being so approachable and humble. We went to the team practices on Wednesday in Denver and as the Sioux practice ended, one of the players handed our youngest daughter a puck as he was exiting the ice and TJ gave her a high five (she would not let anyone touch that hand the rest of the day and swore she would not wash it ever again). We stuck around to watch some of Notre Dame's practice, and the Sioux players had come out of the locker room and were watching as well. Of course, our youngest daughter was itching to get autographs. I was MORE than impressed, to say the least, as all were more than willing to sign anything for her, and almost seemed to approach her as she was nervous about going up to them on her own. She was more than thrilled when a few of them commented on her shoes (she had black/white checked Vans. . . .like Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"). She even got an autograph and photo with Ryan Duncan, which made her year. (She has sworn she will never wash the sweatshirt she was wearing because he touched it.) Coach Eades even went so far as to try to find Oshie, Chorney and Lammy for her since they had not come out yet. Turned out they were in a press conference (which he came back and told her), but it was the thought that counted. Last, but not least, we ran into Coach Eades several times out and about in Denver. At ESPN Zone, he approached us and thanked us several times for coming to Denver and almost apologized for the effort (or lack thereof). Then, each time we saw him, he made sure to say hello. Anyway, enough rambling, but just wanted to share that we really do have the greatest team in the world!! Man, it is great to be a Fighting Sioux fan!! :silly:

Ok, I am going to get long winded here. I don't have a specific quote, but do want to thank all the players and coaches for being so approachable and humble. We went to the team practices on Wednesday in Denver and as the Sioux practice ended, one of the players handed our youngest daughter a puck as he was exiting the ice and TJ gave her a high five (she would not let anyone touch that hand the rest of the day and swore she would not wash it ever again). We stuck around to watch some of Notre Dame's practice, and the Sioux players had come out of the locker room and were watching as well. Of course, our youngest daughter was itching to get autographs. I was MORE than impressed, to say the least, as all were more than willing to sign anything for her, and almost seemed to approach her as she was nervous about going up to them on her own. She was more than thrilled when a few of them commented on her shoes (she had black/white checked Vans. . . .like Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"). She even got an autograph and photo with Ryan Duncan, which made her year. (She has sworn she will never wash the sweatshirt she was wearing because he touched it.) Coach Eades even went so far as to try to find Oshie, Chorney and Lammy for her since they had not come out yet. Turned out they were in a press conference (which he came back and told her), but it was the thought that counted. Last, but not least, we ran into Coach Eades several times out and about in Denver. At ESPN Zone, he approached us and thanked us several times for coming to Denver and almost apologized for the effort (or lack thereof). Then, each time we saw him, he made sure to say hello. Anyway, enough rambling, but just wanted to share that we really do have the greatest team in the world!! Man, it is great to be a Fighting Sioux fan!! :silly:

That is awesome and I am sure not all programs are like this. We as Siux fans are so lucky in the players that come from this program and I for one think they are tops in college hockey if not in all of college sports.

THIS JUST IN!

Samuel Clemens once inferred: "The news of AZSioux's demise has been greatly exaggerated."

He's dealing with some personal issues off-board right now. He'll be back when those issues, whatever they may be, are resolved.

That is all. :D

The doors shall remain open for now.