SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Game Threads - Scores

AZSIOUX

Anderson will use the whistle. It's Shep, Adam, and Campion whose games do not resemble NCAA play at all.

CC pulled a 0-3 miracle vs. Michigan a few years ago, here is to hoping they get an early goal and make it interesting.

Isn't it amazing how much disparity there is in the quality of officiating between leagues? MSU is used to this type of officiating. So was Michigan and Notre Dame... Clarkson took more penalties than SCSU did, but still...It's almost like the other teams had the benefit of playing under these types of rules interpretations and WCHA didn't.... I wonder why.... :lol:

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry i said WCHA...St. Cloud had one line. CC isn't a grind it out type squad which you need in the playoffs. Minnesota can't score. Wisconsin has no business in this tournament. UND has been inconsistent the past two weeks and played without their feet moving for all but a period and a half at the FF. Denver has looked the best of late and seems the best ready to make a run outta the WCHA especially with a tender that has done it before. That said...the sioux play well and attack with their feet moving i'm not sure Denver's young guys can skate with them. Should be interesting, but it's clear the WCHA isn't as far above everyone else as we thought. At least the top teams.

All I've heard for weeks is how much better the WCHA is than everyone else in the country. Suffice to say, I think that's not the case. I thought this season that CC and North Dakota were far and away the best teams in the WCHA. I don't know what got into the Tigers lately, but what a disappointment.

You're dead-on about Wisconsin. No business at all being in the tournament. Mankato, Boston U, or Vermont would have all been far better choices to get into the dance.

Isn't it amazing how much disparity there is in the quality of officiating between leagues? MSU is used to this type of officiating. So was Michigan and Notre Dame... Clarkson took more penalties than SCSU did, but still...It's almost like the other teams had the benefit of playing under these types of rules interpretations and WCHA didn't.... I wonder why.... :lol:

I would hope that Niagara, St Cloud, UNH, and CC don't go home complaining about a disparity in the quality of officiating in the tournament and instead give some props to their opponents. The men in stripes didn't put a puck in the CC net with 7 seconds left in the second period, did they?

Same. Sopcast kept crashing. I deleted it from my system and, with the MSU idiots (well the color guy is anyways) unlistenable, I'm just observing.

Sorry, I can't really help, I just found this while looking around and did what I posted and it worked first shot. I'll do some more looking in the a.m.

I would hope that Niagara, St Cloud, UNH, and CC don't go home complaining about a disparity in the quality of officiating in the tournament and instead give some props to their opponents. The men in stripes didn't put a puck in the CC net with 7 seconds left in the second period, did they?

Forgive me mafiaman for coming across incorrectly.

From what I'm hearing, it seems like the officials are calling it the way the NCAA wants it. The WCHA calls it the way they see the situation calls for it, depending on a ton of variables, the part of the season we're in, the rankings or perceived skill level of the opponents, and perhaps the occasional calls to promote parity. As I adapted what Woog said during the MSUM/UMN tilt, the WCHA has more interpretations of the rule book than lawyers have interpretation on the word "injury."

From what I'm hearing, it seems like the officials are calling it the way the NCAA wants it. The WCHA calls it the way they see the situation calls for it, depending on a ton of variables, the part of the season we're in, the rankings or perceived skill level of the opponents, and perhaps the occasional calls to promote parity. As I adapted what Woog said during the MSUM/UMN tilt, the WCHA has more interpretations of the rule book than lawyers have interpretation on the word "injury."

I think I understand what you're saying. Kind of like the "new" NHL started calling penalties everywhere in the regular season, then the playoffs start and its back to putting the whistle in the pocket, at which point everyone is completely confused?

I don't think C.C. has been affected by the officating, I think that fact that the Tigers much like SCSU don't like to hit and are getting run out of the building. Also, I have always said the McNaughten Cup is an anchor. Looks like the coming true in thge C.C. Tiger's case... You have to be physical to win in the NCAA title.

I thought this season that CC and North Dakota were far and away the best teams in the WCHA. I don't know what got into the Tigers lately, but what a disappointment.

I don't know about CC. They played consistent hockey throughout the season. At no point did I think they were head and shoulders above any of the other teams in the league. They did however manage to beat the teams they were supposed to while UND did not at the beginning of the year. At the games at the Ralph, they looked like crap the first game and then good the second game. I would take CC over the course of the season because they play consistent but in a one game playoff, I would take UND, UMN, or Mankato.

I don't think C.C. has been affected by the officating, I think that fact that the Tigers much like SCSU don't like to hit and are getting run out of the building. Also, I have always said the McNaughten Cup is an anchor. Looks like the coming true in thge C.C. Tiger's case... You have to be physical to win in the NCAA title.

The holding the stick and the very light love tap on Lerg are bad habit penalties that don't get called in the WCHA.

I agree that Bachman and their inability to shoot the puck straight is their main issue.

I don't know about CC. They played consistent hockey throughout the season. At no point did I think they were head and shoulders above any of the other teams in the league. They did however manage to beat the teams they were supposed to while UND did not at the beginning of the year. At the games at the Ralph, they looked like crap the first game and then good the second game. I would take CC over the course of the season because they play consistent but in a one game playoff, I would take UND, UMN, or Mankato.

They also swept teams at home that they should sweep while the remainder of the teams in the conference seemed to have split-itus. It's not about who is most consistent, it's about who is hot at the right time. CC had a struggle with Anchorage in their opening playoff series and obviously did not play well at the Final Five. And the way it looks now, the WCHA champion is about to wind down its season on an 0-3 skid.

If CC doesn't score here, I'm going to bed.

I hear you there. It's amazing how exhausted you can get by sitting at your computer since about 3:00 pm this afternoon listening to hockey broadcasts.

CC...stick a fork in it...this dog's done.