SiouxSports.com Forum

SiouxSports.com Bracket Challenge

jimdahl

Lol that's what some of my friends were thinking since I dropped off the face of the earth for a while.........

Two Goofy dads and their 9 yr old boys were in a room across the hall from my room at the F5. They were great! They were all really nice and I loved the little guys. They were really into their Goofs but not obnoxious at all. One of the boys told his dad that my jersey was just like the one that some women wore last week at the place they were skiing last week. I was wearing my red and white (cheering for the Clowns) Ice Bit*hes jersey! By the way, I got a lot of attention wearing it. Everyone loved it!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... there are no weird characters in your username and I was able to submit a bracket with a nearly identical name. Look for a PM from me, and I'll do a little digging on my end (I wonder if there could be an issue with special characters in passwords?)

Same problem for me and I HAVE ALL THE CORRECT WINNERS :silly:

Same problem for me and I HAVE ALL THE CORRECT WINNERS :silly:

Ah, but you DO have a special character in your name. That's the one known/confirmed problem. I just need to make a small change to the bracket so it can handle the > correctly -- give me about five minutes and try again.

What do people think of a charged up Wisco getting revenge on the big headed Pioneers in front of their home crowd?

I don't think its going to happen, DU played great in the F5 and I expect that to continue. Beat a good Sioux team and a peaking Gopher team is no small task.

I really don't know what to think re the DU/Wisco game.

- Will Wisco be so "delighted" just to be there they play great - or play average, just glad to have made the dance.

- Will Wisco still be pissed about the "no goal" that may have cost them home ice for the first round - or did they get that out of their system with the 7-2 thumping the next night.

- Will the "home" fans be a factor and "spur" Bucky on - or are they all watching bouncy ball

- And will any of the above be enough to get past Denver. Notice how I think the outcome is all dependent on how Wisco plays and not on how Denver plays - I think Denver's play over the last couple of weeks has gotten them back on track and they will play hard regardless.

Following Dave's blog's rendition of the ever-popular What are the KRACH odds for the tourney? writeup, it's also always fun to compare the SiouxSports.com bracket picks to the KRACH predictions.

KRACH vs. SiouxSports.com members predicting the tourney

Biggest surprise: Sioux fans gave Miami pretty much the right amount credit

Biggest difference: UNH-Notre Dame -- KRACH called this one 69%-31%, Sioux fans called it 96%-4%

Least surprising: Sioux fans give Princeton a 0% chance of beating UND, to KRACH's 20.4%

How to separate yourself in the bracket contest: Sioux fans give SCSU an 82% chance of winning an NCAA tournament game. Bunch of new fans this year?

Repeat-shmeepeat: Only 11% of Sioux fans think Michigan State will survive its first round contest with Colorado College in the bracket o' death

I like it, however, I don't like st. cloud walking out of the East Regional.

My latest bracket filled out on ink and paper where I actually sat down to think about it:

F4:

SCSU

UNH

UND

UM

Championship:

ND

UNH

ND wins #8

...I don't think very highly of the CCHA apparently

I can't seem to save my picks - is it too late? :D

It looks to me like you have picks in, you can go back to the page and try loading them to be sure (and feel free to drop me a note letting me know what made you think it didn't work, as you're the second person to make a similar report).

Following Dave's blog's rendition of the ever-popular What are the KRACH odds for the tourney? writeup, it's also always fun to compare the SiouxSports.com bracket picks to the KRACH predictions.

Biggest difference: UNH-Notre Dame -- KRACH called this one 69%-31%, Sioux fans called it 96%-4%

Least surprising: Sioux fans give Princeton a 0% chance of beating UND, to KRACH's 20.4%

How to separate yourself in the bracket contest: Sioux fans give SCSU an 82% chance of winning an NCAA tournament game. Bunch of new fans this year?

Repeat-shmeepeat: Only 11% of Sioux fans think Michigan State will survive its first round contest with Colorado College in the bracket o' death

Did you save any of the previous years Krach Odds?

Seems like Michigan at 26% is higher than usual for a favorite.

Did you save any of the previous years Krach Odds?

Seems like Michigan at 26% is higher than usual for a favorite.

I've actually never calculated them before because someone else always has and posted them. This year I waited until Thursday for someone to hand me a complete set, but no one ever did :D

Looking back, I guess it was actually my demands that changed this year, because the one I saw last year on eLynah (2007 KRACH odds) only had the first round and Frozen Four, the same as Dave Berger had calculated for his blog post. Without taking the time to extrapolate those KRACH ratings out to the final game right now, Michigan's 67.5% chance of making the FF is higher than Minnesota 60.8% last year.

Maybe if Mrs. SiouxSports.com makes me watch any more basketball this weekend, I'll grab the laptop and punch the last decade's KRACHs into the spreadsheet I made.

I guess I didn't count in these stats :D

I've actually never calculated them before because someone else always has and posted them. This year I waited until Thursday for someone to hand me a complete set, but no one ever did :D

Looking back, I guess it was actually my demands that changed this year, because the one I saw last year on eLynah (2007 KRACH odds) only had the first round and Frozen Four, the same as Dave Berger had calculated for his blog post. Without taking the time to extrapolate those KRACH ratings out to the final game right now, Michigan's 67.5% chance of making the FF is higher than Minnesota 60.8% last year.

Maybe if Mrs. SiouxSports.com makes me watch any more basketball this weekend, I'll grab the laptop and punch the last decade's KRACHs into the spreadsheet I made.

I found a couple of years. The Sioux in '03-'04 were huge (33%), the Gophers and UW were around 20% co-favorites in '05-'06. I think the biggest difference was the improvement of the CHA/AHA in terms of KRACH. When UND played HC they were 95/5 favorites. Two years later the Gophers were 85/15 vs. Holy Cross and Michigan this year is only 88/12 vs. Niagara.

Denver in '05 was the only Krach favorite to win it, and I'm not even sure if they were the favorites.