SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

How quickly we forget. The team who played the Sioux tough in 2004 was none other than Holy Cross. I bet 2/3 of people who saw the western regional in Engelstad a few years ago had no idea...

One might think Michigan would keep their mouth shut given the fact that in March of 2001, while most people were predicting an 8 or 10-0 win against Mercyhurst, the mighty Wolverines held off the Lakers in a 4-3 regional game in Grand Rapids. Never overlook your opponent.

my bad, i was there for that game but i guess im thinking of 2000 or 2001 when we played niagara but they played us decent

side note - im so over the hcross crap. it was awesome when it happended but man it gets old :wink: ok im done

GO SIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Sioux/Holy Cross game at Old Chicago in Roseville. I was watching the Sioux/Denver game when the screen went blank late in the 3rd period. How did I find out? Via text message. :wink:

ouch, that was a tough one. lets give them a little payback after we play great hockey vs the tigers

There are no gimmies from here on in. Every game will be a battle. I was at the HC game when the Sioux were number 1. Parise line scored like 7 seconds in the game but we won only 3-0. HC goalie stood on his head and Sioux didn't score their second goal until late in the second period (or maybe even the third). They will need to play all 60 minutes to advance.

I like the fact that the Sioux are not getting the attention they have in the last few years. Haven't heard one of the "experts" say UND is gonna win it all (or even advance to the FF). Oshie, Chorney, Finley, Kaip, Radke, JPL, Bina, Duncan (:wink:) know this is their swan song. No way do those guys not show up to play and make sure everyone else is ready as well.

There are no gimmies from here on in. Every game will be a battle. I was at the HC game when the Sioux were number 1. Parise line scored like 7 seconds in the game but we won only 3-0. HC goalie stood on his head and Sioux didn't score their second goal until late in the second period (or maybe even the third). They will need to play all 60 minutes to advance.

I like the fact that the Sioux are not getting the attention they have in the last few years. Haven't heard one of the "experts" say UND is gonna win it all (or even advance to the FF). Oshie, Chorney, Finley, Kaip, Radke, JPL, Bina, Duncan (:wink:) know this is their swan song. No way do those guys not show up to play and make sure everyone else is ready as well.

agree, thes guys have 1 goal and princeton is the only thing on their minds right now. you step on them early and put them away. cant wait for this to get rolling!

I was at Billy's in St Paul when the screen went blank there too. That was a very good team that lost.

We will not overlook Princeton. I guarantee it.

We are familiar with Denver and Wisconsin's styles, so we don't really have to prepare for them as a new opponent. We will prepare for Princeton on the big rink all week. We will probably look for anything that all three teams do the same and practice those elements especially well.

FSN, that is great news!

That goalie was none other than Tony Quesada. If memory serves me right, didn't he toss his cookies right on the ice at some point early in the game? You think that kid was nervous?

That goalie was none other than Tony Quesada. If memory serves me right, didn't he toss his cookies right on the ice at some point early in the game? You think that kid was nervous?

I heard that game on the radio and remember TH talking about it when it happened. I remember thinking TH was giving us more information about it than we really needed to know. :wink:

oh memories, halarious.........we were sitting right even with that goal and all of a sudden my grandpa and i looked at eachother and cringed our faces. what a sight :wink: it looked like he had eaten some chicken earlier :D

oh memories, halarious.........we were sitting right even with that goal and all of a sudden my grandpa and i looked at eachother and cringed our faces. what a sight :wink: it looked like he had eaten some chicken earlier :D

Dude, I'm the Cliff Clavin of remembering stupid details of every hockey game I've been to or seen on TV. Now if I could just remember important things...like where I put my license tab renewal form...

He did but it was in the third period when it happened. New goalie came in until the next whistle and then TQ was back on the ice. Personally I think he did it to keep the Sioux out of his crease. Man, they were just swarming back then. Also, the kid was exhausted which I think contributed to him tossing his chicken.

I just don't want a repeat of the next nights 1-0 loss to DU. Sioux absolutely dominated that game and DU wins on a goal late in the third. Still remember the Parise, Bochenski, Murray line just buzzing at the end of that game but couldn't get anything by Berkhol.

INCH wishlist for 16 tourney teams. Loks like the player they assign to the Sioux will get revealed tomorrow

INCH WISH LIST

i would take Peter Rouleau from Tech or teslak for a back up goalie for the tourney

who would you take? you can grab anyone around the country that isnt taken and obviously isnt on the list so far and dont give me oh i wouldnt change the team at all as thats not the point here. its for fun and fun to think about.

INCH wishlist for 16 tourney teams. Loks like the player they assign to the Sioux will get revealed tomorrow

INCH WISH LIST

i would take Peter Rouleau from Tech or teslak for a back up goalie for the tourney

who would you take? you can grab anyone around the country that isnt taken and obviously isnt on the list so far and dont give me oh i wouldnt change the team at all as thats not the point here. its for fun and fun to think about.

They updated it.

North Dakota Tyler Burton, F, Colgate

The Reasoning: Colgate counts on him for a lot more offense, but Burton fits right into North Dakota's forward lines as a great two-way centerman that can also help them put the puck in the net. His face-off ability is underrated, making him a nice piece for late and close situations.

INCH WISH LIST

I would have said Bryan Marshall from Nebraska-Omaha. Set-up guy for Oshie & Duncan?

I just wanted to report to you all that Trupper was running (yes, running!) into that place next door to Barnes and Noble... So I would hope that's a good sign!

Isn't that a family practice clinic of some kind? "Doctor, I ran all the way here to tell you my leg is really bothering me today." :silly:

I just wanted to report to you all that Trupper was running (yes, running!) into that place next door to Barnes and Noble... So I would hope that's a good sign!

he knew you were watching so he sucked it up and is just messing with you knowing you would report it here :silly::)

:D seriously, good to hear!

That reminds me of an old co-worker who lost his workmans comp because of a sentence similar to that one. :silly:

Isn't one of those next to Blarney's? Oh, wait, you're talking about Grand Forks, my bad.

I would have said Bryan Marshall from Nebraska-Omaha. Set-up guy for Oshie & Duncan?

hands down this guy, his name is a classic and hes the guy the sioux would pick up :silly: good numbers as well at 40 points

Bear Trapp :D friken sweet

and he already has the stache to blend in

1495135.jpeg

is that BEAR TRAPP or DAVID ARQUETTE :)