SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA 1st Round Attendance

Dave Berger

Well story about that... The ticket office sold student tickets to non students last night for the upper bowl, which put them in the upper rows. The upper bowl student section is the only section in the arena where it's STANDING, and the students were told to sit because the non-students didn't want to stand... Some sections gave in, and some didn't, and it was quite frustrating...

Note to the Ralph: DON'T SELL STUDENT TICKETS TO NON STUDENTS... Try working WITH the students instead of what seems to be against them...

That was frustrating for me. I was sitting next to about 4 non-students. You could totally tell. And frankly, it ruined part of the experience for me. I'm trying to find different seats for tonight, but probably won't have any luck. If you don't want to stand, tough. it's a freaking hockey game, and you're in grand forks, north dakota -- hockey is life. so i'm going to stand, don't like it, go to the bar. sorry had to vent.

As for the thundersticks. Good idea for me, because I lost my voice yesterday so my noise making abilities were quite limited. haha.

I agree! I am very frustrated too. I'm not a student (I'm not young :D ) and I would love to stand, but we have deadbeats that sit behind us that won't stand for anything. It could be the last minute of an overtime period, with a power play, and our team playing great, big hits, etc. and we will stand and they STILL don't stand. I don't get it !! We will stand in those situations regardless. A person shouldn't have to feel guilty for standing at a hockey game. If you don't want to stand, stay home! That's what I say.

Now if there was a way to get more fans to stand that would be great!

Last night, my friend and I were sitting in section 308 and some rent-a-cop came around and told everybody in the section to sit down. There were some very annoyed fans, it is the upper bowl student section. I don't know how that makes it any different than any other night.

Last night, my friend and I were sitting in section 308 and some rent-a-cop came around and told everybody in the section to sit down. There were some very annoyed fans, it is the upper bowl student section. I don't know how that makes it any different than any other night.

Uhh right, I already wrote about that....

It doesn't make it that much different than any other night other than the fact that upper bowl student tickets were sold to non-students. Everyone in the arena who's not a student (with exceptions, of course; I'm just saying this in frustration) doesn't like to stand, let alone cheer. God forbid what would happen if they did! :D:D

It doesn't make it that much different than any other night other than the fact that upper bowl student tickets were sold to non-students. Everyone in the arena who's not a student (with exceptions, of course; I'm just saying this in frustration) doesn't like to stand, let alone cheer. God forbid what would happen if they did! :D:D

I assume that the people who were told to leave their seats with alcoholic drinks (in section 307) were people who purchased regular tickets and ended up in the student section. Before the game, they were "catching" people and making them drink it out in the halls. When the game was going on, I don't think I noticed as much control.

Anyway, when I posted about the standing/sitting situation, I hadn't gotten to what you had written. I just say people talking about seating.

Playoff attendance at UND has gone from bad to good since they changed the season ticket package to include the WCHA first round.

Makes me wonder whether the others do.

I was going to point that other teams need to do this if they want to boost attendance. A co-worker told me that Minnesota does and it kinda sounded like they were hoping people would donate the money instead of wanting a refund this year. :D

I like the thunder sticks and I liked that they made noise. I did not like the little kid poking me in the back of the head constantly with his while his parent sat there and watched him. I almost turned around and was going to ask him in my best teacher and most polite voice to please stop, but I figured the parent would yell at me for policing their kid, so I didn't. So, note to parents, if your kid has a thunder stick, Please don't watch them hit people in the back of the head with them. It is rather annoying and distracting. I understand that it does happen and that the first ten times it might have been an accident, but I doubt the 1st and 2nd periods were accidents. Thank you! :D

I thought Gopher fans were going to make the Midwest Wireless Alltell Center 'Mariucci South'? I was surprised when I got home and watched the 2nd OT and saw the empty section near the end of the arena.

They thought there were at Mariucci so wanted to beat the traffic. :D