SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five Brunch March 22nd

MafiaMan

OK, since I've been asked, I thought I would throw this out there and see if there was any interest in people meeting for brunch late Saturday morning (March 22nd) before the 2:00 pm WCHA 3rd place game. I know the first round of the playoffs hasn't been played yet, but figured I'd see if there was any interest...

Without the added festivities of St Patrick's Day being held on Friday, perhaps a few more people would be interested in coming out on Saturday...

Even if you're a Gopher fan, cmon out and meet some of the monikers from the board in person. It's a fun time and now the Hoggsbreath is smoke-free!

Ok I might have to come and have some brunch and meet people.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bar/restaurant that's more restaurant during the day. They have a big-screen TV with NCAA basketball on upstairs and plenty of pool tables and NDH's favorite, dart boards, downstairs.

In the past, we've done this on Saturday morning because Friday of the Final Five has usually been St Patrick's Day. Getting anyplace downtown is a madhouse. Hoggsbreath is located about 5 minutes north and 2 minutes west of downtown off of Highway 36 in Little Canada.

I know the owners very well and they'd be happy to set up an area for us. Last year wasn't busy at all when we came, but it's still helpful to give them a possible head-count so they can be prepared.

Cool. Just in case the kiddies are with. Wife is a little anal about having the kids in a bar. I'll be at both of friday's games with a couple firemen I work with (sconnie fans of course :D ), and I'll be making the 3 hr drive home after that 'cause one of them has to work, but there's a good chance of a return trip on Sat with the fam.

I wish. I have the co-rec state broomball tournament this weekend in Chaska so I'll have to resort to finding someone to text message me real-time scores. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Our first game? Friday night at 6:55 pm. Ugh...

Who is your cell-phone provider? Many of them allow you to text message from their website. If this is the case with yours, I'll text you. I'll be watching the game from home anyway.

It's a bar/restaurant that's more restaurant during the day. They have a big-screen TV with NCAA basketball on upstairs and plenty of pool tables and NDH's favorite, dart boards, downstairs.

In the past, we've done this on Saturday morning because Friday of the Final Five has usually been St Patrick's Day. Getting anyplace downtown is a madhouse. Hoggsbreath is located about 5 minutes north and 2 minutes west of downtown off of Highway 36 in Little Canada.

I know the owners very well and they'd be happy to set up an area for us. Last year wasn't busy at all when we came, but it's still helpful to give them a possible head-count so they can be prepared.

Sounds like a good idea MafiaMan. That way they can be prepared for us if we can get a rough idea of the number of people coming. What kind of start time are we talking? 10:30 am?? Last year was a blast, and this one is sounding like fun as well.

Is this Hoggsbreath just an adult place or can kids in the 10-13 age group go too?

During the daytime, it's fine. They have a nice menu of burgers and stuff and the breakfast can't be beat. At 10:30-11:00 am, you avoid the bar crowd and it's a decent place. By the sounds of it, some other teenagers will be there and I mentioned before, I have no problem having MafiaMan Jr. in there for a bite to eat...and he's 6.

During the daytime, it's fine. They have a nice menu of burgers and stuff and the breakfast can't be beat. At 10:30-11:00 am, you avoid the bar crowd and it's a decent place. By the sounds of it, some other teenagers will be there and I mentioned before, I have no problem having MafiaMan Jr. in there for a bite to eat...and he's 6.

The people we are going with are going to have their kids along so that becomes an option. :D

I think the easiest way to handle this is to simply wait until next Wednesday or Thursday, then people can finalize their plans and post if they will be joining the crowd. I will get an estimate and give the Hoggsbreath a call Thursday night or Friday morning and let them know the number of people who will be there.

Ha no I don't go to frats anymore, especially not that one ha

Gave my white one to a friend since she didn't have any Sioux jerseys

I'm just teasin' ya. I was in a "frat," too, back in the day. I have fond memories of my gelled-up spiky mullet. :D