SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

Not sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread for it.........

Oshie will not play for the Blues when his season at the University of North Dakota ends, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Because Oshie is 21, the Blues would burn an entire season toward his rights if he played one NHL game this season. A more likely scenario would see him sign a professional tryout contract, finish the season in Peoria, and then sign with the Blues in the summer. Barring any unforseen incidents, Oshie is expected to be in a St. Louis uniform next season.

exactly what will happen and bet on tj playing this weekend!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it was a lot so I thought I would research it:

1999 2 games to 1 over Mankato (loss was Friday night)

2000 2 games to 1 over Denver (loss was Saturday night)

2001 2 games to 1 over UMD (loss was Friday night)

2003 2 games to 1 over Denver (loss was Friday night)

2006 2 games to 1 over Mankato (loss was Friday night)

This is the 9th time in the past 10 years the Sioux have hosted a first-round series. In 5 of the previous 8 times, they needed 3 games to advance to the Final Five. Something tells me Dave Hakstol will mention those numbers to the team before they take the ice on Friday night.

Sunday, March 14, 1999. UND, who came into the first-round series with upstart Mankato with a record of 29-3-2 (24-2-2 WCHA), found itself in a Game 3. The Mavericks had taken Friday's opener, 3-2 in overtime. North Dakota nipped the Mavs 3-2 in Game 2. And the Sioux took MSU-M to the woodshed in Sunday's finale. The final score was 10-0, but it wasn't even that close. UND outshot Mankato 66-23, and didn't let off the gas until Wes Dorey scored the tenth Sioux goal 3:38 into the third period.

Still one of my favorite home playoff games ever.

patrasso retruns to CC after being suspended but was home in detroit

OK, sorry but how in the hell does that work? was he suspended by the university for a certian block for academics or what then let back to play hockey now? im sure there is more to this story but it sure doesnt make sense if you attend CC then are in detroit after getting in trouble? strange

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...so-returns.html

i guess you can read into this 2 ways below but seems a bit strange and not sure if i buy the last comment bolded, i wonder what this will do for their team chemistry, you never know??

Q: How much did you follow the team while you were home in Michigan and what do you think of how they've done?

A: Not too much really. I didn't really talk to any of the guys. I kind of did my own thing. I'd listen to a few games here and there. I had a good idea 10 games into the year that we'd be able to compete for the national championship. It was hard to listen to. It made me focus on negative things. I just chose not to. I tried not to dwell on what I could have done differently and what I was missing out on and watching them made me do that. I chose to worry about myself and think of the positive things. If the team was 5-25, I still would have joined them (today).

another story

http://www2.gazette.com/tigerden/display.php?id=1332692

The boyz have played hard since the last time we played tech. I think at that time there was a number of posters who thought Radke was the worst players on the team? Well I guess not, we have risen from the ashes of being a top ten pairwise team to first place in some polls. I think if my math is correct we are 15-3-4 since Radke has been playing full time. I think there is some reason for the turn around and what he brings to the ice each night. What doya think. Should he be in the line up now? Some of you need to check on your breakdown of his play. Will there be any retractions? I doubt it. Oh well all aboard. Radke is on the ice, how do you like it now?

The boyz have played hard since the last time we played tech. I think at that time there was a number of posters who thought Radke was the worst players on the team? Well I guess not, we have risen from the ashes of being a top ten pairwise team to first place in some polls. I think if my math is correct we are 15-3-4 since Radke has been playing full time. I think there is some reason for the turn around and what he brings to the ice each night. What doya think. Should he be in the line up now? Some of you need to check on your breakdown of his play. Will there be any retractions? I doubt it. Oh well all aboard. Radke is on the ice, how do you like it now?

i will trust coach hakstol with any decisions as HE is the one who didnt play radke for a month and some change so call up coach and ask him regarding the breakdown of radkes play that lead to his scratches. there was a reason radke wasnt playing for over a month. it was a wake up call for radke and since hes been back things are fine with the team all around. its all about the team, not 1 or 2 players. they have 1 goal in mind and thats #8. cant wait for friday!!