SiouxSports.com Forum

Latest on Bemidjis Arena

gfhockey

Pawlenty is a douche

Yes, so far he is. A few months ago, he was in Bemidji saying the Event Center is a done deal. He got a BSU jersey out of the deal.

Actually, the MN house added the Event Center to their bonding, so it's up to Pawlenty as both the house and senate have done their job. Hopefully the lobby effort will pay off. Otherwise, I'll go to St. Paul myself and take back that jersey (BSU could probably use it . . . )

Pawlenty is a douche

Whatever. Check out www.twincities.com and read about Minnesota DFL'ers screaming "home-owner rights". Their poster child at a meeting yesterday is a "single mother of 10" who is going to lose her home thanks to an adjustable rate mortage.

Don't call Pawlenty's office and whine about BSU. Call Keith Ellison.

Whatever. Check out www.twincities.com and read about Minnesota DFL'ers screaming "home-owner rights". Their poster child at a meeting yesterday is a "single mother of 10" who is going to lose her home thanks to an adjustable rate mortage.

I just read it and yeah....

and that's our problem because she couldn't afford a home and got into and ARM.

Both parties get their share of uncommon sense - for this is MN. To me, it doesn't matter which party the Governor is - he made a promise that was a big part of this project getting underway. He needs to fulfill his promise. This is a hockey board and I don't want to get involved in politics here.

There's a lot riding on this for BSU hockey and as a Bemidji resident, I don't want to see the program fold. Bemidji and BSU have both done their fair share to try and screw this up - nothing has been easy - but the bonding finally got to where it needs to be and it would be a shame to not get funded now.

To me, it doesn't matter which party the Governor is - he made a promise that was a big part of this project getting underway. He needs to fulfill his promise.

Promise or not, it all depends on the legislature. It does seem odd, though, that when Minnesota comes calling, things get built (such as the new football stadium), but anything outside of the Twin Cities, it seems that "is that really necessary?" gets asked a lot.

Listen, I'm all in favor of leaving politics out of the mix, but when you're going to thru something out like "Pawlenty's a douche," it deserves a rebuttal.

TPaw is a douche. They should have called the gas tax a user fee because that is what TPaw likes to call tax increases. Then you have Lynn Stauss saying it will be ahrd on east Side gas stations with the new tax. Well those same stations have been enjoying the extra three cents a gallon they have been making over the last few years. Though their gas costs was three cents less than GF they still charged the same as a GF station instead of charging three cents less. Never heard him complain about that though.

TPaw is a douche. They should have called the gas tax a user fee because that is what TPaw likes to call tax increases.

Governor Pawlenty VETOED the transportation bill, which was overridden by the MN State Senate and House of Representatives. Get your facts straight!

Gas Tax Takes Effect April 1st

Legislature Overrides Pawlenty's Veto

TPaw is a douche. They should have called the gas tax a user fee because that is what TPaw likes to call tax increases.

I can only assume you're still reading, hermit. Don't like the new gas "user fee"? Call DFL headquarters and complain.

Promise or not, it all depends on the legislature. It does seem odd, though, that when Minnesota comes calling, things get built (such as the new football stadium), but anything outside of the Twin Cities, it seems that "is that really necessary?" gets asked a lot.

I agree with both points. 1) The Senate passed the bonding bills, 2) The House has them on their bill and I believe they vote Thursday - which should pass. 3) It's now up to the Governor.

Second point - yes, the metro seems to comes first and foremost and if there's any scraps, we'll through outstate a bone . . .

If you feel that BSU should get the Event Center to boost the area's economy and opportunities (and you don't want to see BSU's team fold - email the gov (not sure if I can post the email address - but it's available here).

Governor Pawlenty VETOED the transportation bill, which was overridden by the MN State Senate and House of Representatives. Get your facts straight!

Gas Tax Takes Effect April 1st

Legislature Overrides Pawlenty's Veto

I have my facts straight. They legislature should have called it a user fee because when ever TPaw raises a tax that is what he calls it. I have no problem with the new gas tax. What is the option? Charge it and worry about it later in how to pay for it? The tax has not been raised in twenty years. So then the tax on the cost of a gallon of gas got smaller and smaller of the cost of that gallon of gas. With the way the price of gas flucuates it will not be noticed by the consumer unless they are told to worry about it. It is a user fee plan and simple. The gas tax has not even come close to covering the cost or road construction it always has taken money from the general fund to cover the difference. Gas taxes cover about 25% of the cost of roads.

Gas taxes cover about 25% of the cost of roads.

And the myth is that this new tax will go entirely towards the cost of roads.

Now go get together with your JFK and 9/11 conspiracy theorists and try to convince me that Republicans blew up the 35W bridge in order to get the Twins and Vikings new stadiums.

And the myth is that this new tax will go entirely towards the cost of roads.

Now go get together with your JFK and 9/11 conspiracy theorists and try to convince me that Republicans blew up the 35W bridge in order to get the Twins and Vikings new stadiums.

It will unless the Republicans raid the fund for some other reason. Or should they do what TPaw wanted and tried to get the contractors to put up the money to fix the I-35 and Crosstown interchange? That idea really worked well did it not? How else do you suggest they do to fix this major problem?