SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to have gotten out of the first 0-0. We killed off 9 minutes of powerplays, and I'm sure our top guys are gassed, and the guys who don't kill penalties are ready to fly. Look for some interesting shifts in the second.

That might be a big factor. We seemed to get more steam as the game went along last night. Tonight??

I'm happy to have gotten out of the first 0-0. We killed off 9 minutes of powerplays, and I'm sure our top guys are gassed, and the guys who don't kill penalties are ready to fly. Look for some interesting shifts in the second.

Thought it was 7 minutes of PP. Oshie and Barribal both went. Other than that, I know we had Dunc's and Finley's, while Minnesota had one other minor.

Dagies,

Once a Sioux player, always a gopher hater.

Must be good parenting. :lol:

I just think keeping Minnesota off the board will hurt their morale... they start pressing and lose interest. On the other hand, if they get a couple on the board, their whole bench gets going. I'll take 0-0 after 40 if that's what we have to do ... because I think we'll win the 3rd.

I hope you are right. We gave them every reason to be in the game from the first minute, but fortunately held on. MN looks pretty good and the Sioux are going to have to dig deep and pull a little harder. Time to start possessing the puck for a while.

Obviously my supposition was wrong. Give the gophers credit for coming hard again, especially with the boost we gave them.

I thought I saw Watkins with Oshie and Kozek late in the period. I was wondering about keeping the Kaip line intact and maybe moving Oshie between Trupp and Frattin. Then cobble something together out of Kozek, Malone, and the fourth line.

I thought the Sioux played pretty well until after they killed the last MN PP. Then the Wheeler line had a good 5-5 shift and the Sioux seemed to struggle a bit in the last 5 minutes.

what does everyone think of the refs tonight?

I don't think Adam is too bad. I thought the Dunc penalty was obvious. Finley penalty was one I questioned at the time, but being cross-checked by a guy whose 6'7 has to have some force behind it, so I don't know if that was a bad call either.

they are showing Hak talk to Adams about the goofs diving! Hak is not happy

You know, the call on Duncan was legit and a good call, but I did notice something that I didn't notice at first. Right off the face off Duncan got hooked like he so often is, and nothing was called as usual. In the NHL that player would be off, but in the WCHA hooking / interference is good defense. Duncan got mad, took it out, and rightfully is sitting. That said, WCHA officials don't call the game the way it should be. Duncan will be better in the NHL than the WCHA, because he will be able to use his quickness and speed there.