SiouxSports.com Forum

GF Herald on-line

dagies

The GF Herald online edition is the most worthless piece of crap on the Internet, which says a lot.  I was surprised to even find sports in the sports section this morning, but not surprised to find a MSU/GLI recap lacking.  Nice to see they finally got rid of the Maine boxscore from LAST season.  At least the Strib carried a nice AP article of last night's game, and even a color picture.  

BTW:  Where in the he!! did Siembida get those "rainbow" gloves? ;)

Quote: from Clayton Hoyt on 11:04 am on Dec. 30, 2001

I thought you guys were going to rip on the stupid pop-up adds on the Herald website...

Clayton there are a number of free programs that kill pop-ups.  I started using "Pop up Stopper" when Yahoo! started those $@#& X-10 pop-unders.  Go to CNET.com and browse around in the Internet utilities section.  Or go to panicware.com for the program I use, it's a free, quick download.

Kuhnica is right about "the Hurl" having a site at all.  I am frankly amazed they would even invest in the technology.  ;)

Return email message from email to the web guy, Tom Dutcher, at GFH:

Hopefully, within the next month you will see an improved site. It will have a different look and the issues you've addressed will be resolved.

Some articles are in IceTime. You can link to this from any page on our site. As for the rest of the articles, they are on the site but sometimes get moved to Local or Features. This happens a couple times a week and we're working on getting this fixed.

Thank you for your interest and have a happy New Year.

Tom Dutcher for the Grand Forks Herald

Hey sprig,

You got one too.  Here's the answer I recieved on Nov 21 for an e-mail I sent on Oct. 24.

"Sorry for the delay in responding to your earlier email. An earlier response was returned to me when we were having server problems.

We have been having challenges with the automation of the www.gfherald.com Web site.  We are in the process of redesigning the site.  We hope to make the site more useful and at the same time address the problem of getting our content on the correct pages.

You will see a noticeable change in the next few weeks as we roll out the new site.  Also improvements will be implemented in the weeks following.  Thank you for your interest and your patience.

Tom Dutcher for the Grand Forks Herald"

I haven't seen any improvement, but then I hardly ever go there anymore because it's just too frustrating.

Sent an email yesterday asking about what happened to "ice time" online. Response came back today conerning problems the Herald online was having, and that "the Sioux won last night". And that, Sioux sports fans, is the extent of the Herald's online coverage of the

The coverage of the game in the Twin Cites wasn't much better. I listened to Sid Hartman on my way home from Rogers and they didn't talk about the game either. The strib ran a small article on it and they were shocked that UND had won basically...

Everyone is talking about Denny Green and his firing from the Viqueens...

• 2 weeks later...