SiouxSports.com Forum

Jordan Parise

Rick

For the second straight week, Parise was named the WCHA defensive player of the week. Over the four games vs. Wisconsin and SCSU, Parise has a .966 save percentage.

For those who think he was a throw-in on the Zach deal....I wish we could get more package deals like that. :D

Actually FWIW, I know there wasn't any talk of Jordan playing for the Sioux for almost a year after Zach committed. Jordan has earned his own way. Remember, he only gave up one deflected goal at the Regionals in Colorado last year. He did his part, but the Sioux couldn't score. If Bochenski and Zach could have put a few past Denver, we'd most likely have the 8th banner hanging from the REA rafters.

Parise had the stats to warrant a scholarship his last season in the USHL.  He strikes me as the type of goalie who is unlikely to "blow" a game for a team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as he keeps his a$$ in the crease and not out at the blueline!!!!!!

Not at all.  I'm saying I've seen a lot of breakdowns before we cross our own blueline and if he had not come out to play the puck we would have been in serious trouble.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree all the way - but a lot of people fail to see that part of the game.

I would like to clear the air on my statement.

Sure it is great having a goalie who is good with the stick to help get the offense moving or perhaps catch opposing team on a "bad" line change. I have in my 30 years of being in and around hockey seen too many times a goalie get burned trying to attack the puck. Leave it to the "D" unless you are truly clear to the puck and clearly not being challenged (too closely) by the other squads forwards.

I like the way JPar is playing, as I am sure most on this board do, all I am saying is just don't get burned trying to overextend your position. That one goal could end the season. :lol:

Sure it is great having a goalie who is good with the stick to help get the offense moving or perhaps catch opposing team on a "bad" line change.  I have in my 30 years of being in and around hockey seen too many times a goalie get burned trying to attack the puck.  Leave it to the "D" unless you are truly clear to the puck and clearly not being challenged (too closely) by the other squads forwards.

I like the way JPar is playing, as I am sure most on this board do, all I am saying is just don't get burned trying to overextend your position.  That one goal could end the season. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ABTG, do you remember the way Casey would come out? I swear he thought the blue line was the start of his crease . . . I saw him get burned a few times. What a goalie though.

Sure it is great having a goalie who is good with the stick to help get the offense moving or perhaps catch opposing team on a "bad" line change.  I have in my 30 years of being in and around hockey seen too many times a goalie get burned trying to attack the puck.  Leave it to the "D" unless you are truly clear to the puck and clearly not being challenged (too closely) by the other squads forwards.

I like the way JPar is playing, as I am sure most on this board do, all I am saying is just don't get burned trying to overextend your position.  That one goal could end the season. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Though originally I was very impressed with JPar's stick handling skills (for a goaltender), I'm no longer confident whenever he handles the puck. This isn't saying I don't like JPar when he gets near the puck. I'm just saying that perhaps he should handle the puck only when there are no other Sioux around that can or when the opportunity for a break out is just too good to pass up. Even a 30 percent drop in his handling the puck along the boards would be an improvement.

That being said, this "Leave it to the D" attitude is catching on. The AHL has already implemented a rule that basically ensures that. I think the goaltender may only handle the puck within a certain zone behind the red line outside of his crease. They say it has been successful in creating more offense. WHo knows.

JPar needs to stop hitting other players, unless they crash the net.  Too often he is trying to hit or obstruct other players.  It is not cool to have a cheap goalie, or to have your goalie getting penalties.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm.....2 penalties for 4 minutes.......doesn't sound to me like he's getting a lot of penalties. I think it's the same or 2 minutes less than Lammy. Speaking of Lammy, I hope he's staying sharp because you never know when we'll need both goalies. I've heard he has a great work ethic so I'm sure he is staying sharp. Go Sioux!

JPar needs to stop hitting other players, unless they crash the net.  Too often he is trying to hit or obstruct other players.  It is not cool to have a cheap goalie, or to have your goalie getting penalties.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. I had overlooked that aspect.

hmmm.....2 penalties for 4 minutes.......doesn't sound to me like he's getting a lot of penalties. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we all know that he has gotten away with several penalties. Plus, the main point was to not have a cheap goalie. UND goalies get run into enough as it is.