Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
bigskyvikes

Some type of spam

Recommended Posts

I get this pop-up only when I come to this site. It says I won an Amazon prize, a Verizon price, and something else. All I have to do is fill out a survey! It says it is sponsored by whatever internet carrier I'm on at the time. It has said Midco, Verizon, and Tri Valley! Does anyone else have this issue? I know it happens when I come to this site (sometimes). Not sure if it happens when I go to other sites, and it doesn't happen every time I come to ss.com. I will try attach a screen shot. Also if I try to back out my phone vibrates and goes nuts. My phone was just wiped clean and restored. It did this prior to that and now after the restore.

Thank you for any help.

Screenshot_20160822-134047.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ads at the top seem to be sometimes delivered randomly,  sometimes based on a recent visit to another site (ie amazon), and sometimes location (if location on your phone is on).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sprig said:

Ads at the top seem to be sometimes delivered randomly,  sometimes based on a recent visit to another site (ie amazon), and sometimes location (if location on your phone is on).

The ads at the top never do anything to my viewing. Don't think that has anything to do with it. Now that I pay attention to it, I do go to the same four websites everyday, plus others. But, out of the four regulars this only happens when I go to ss.com? Nodak651 said it happens to him also...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

The ads at the top never do anything to my viewing. Don't think that has anything to do with it. Now that I pay attention to it, I do go to the same four websites everyday, plus others. But, out of the four regulars this only happens when I go to ss.com? Nodak651 said it happens to him also...

Mine neither,  unless I accidentally tap one,  which opens a new page ( easy to do on a phone). If that's not it,  have to agree it's some type of virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sprig said:

Mine neither,  unless I accidentally tap one,  which opens a new page ( easy to do on a phone). If that's not it,  have to agree it's some type of virus. 

I was just reading some help on this and it said it happens to browsers that are left open for a long period of time. SS.com I do leave open, so it may not have anything to do with SS.com but it happens when I go to it because I leave the browser open. Also there is no support for it because they say it is not harmful...odd because isn't that a privacy thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigskyvikes said:

I was just reading some help on this and it said it happens to browsers that are left open for a long period of time. SS.com I do leave open, so it may not have anything to do with SS.com but it happens when I go to it because I leave the browser open. Also there is no support for it because they say it is not harmful...odd because isn't that a privacy thing?

Possibly a privacy setting in your browser could eliminate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem too except mine say's it's from my carrier ATT. Fortunately it does not occur every time I visit SS.com.  I'll try to make sure I don't leave my browser open. Good suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×