SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 Schedule

GeauxSioux

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's kind of the deal of being a low to mid major. If you want home games, your going to have to put some cringe worthy opponents on the schedule. It's got to be very difficult to get really grade A opponents in. Most of the majors may... and that's a big may- do a 2 or 3 for 1. That's tough to lock into, and you can't do too many of those. Obviously, where the better basketball will be is with a solid conference schedule in the Big Sky every year. We are going to have plenty of home games with conference foes, which will be nice. And hopefully we can get maybe 1 or possibly 2 decent mid major non conference home games a year. But unfotunately, just because we are D1 doesn't mean it's the last we'll see of the NAIA games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Certainly, Saturday games are ideal. I think our conference schedule next year will allow for a few more. I hope. As noted, out of town fans on weeknights is more of a challenge and as I live directly in town, I guess I can't relate. However, I don't mind midweek games- especially as standalone games as opposed to double-headers. 7p game times usually means there done by about 9 (if we're not playing Utah Valley into 10 OT's :lol: ) if you live within roughly an hour radius- you leave at 6p for a game on a Tuesday night and are home by the time they have the weather on the late news. Not ideal, but doable. Never like weekday doubleheaders and as this year indicates double headers in general are beginning to be phased out. Which is more than all right with me.

• 3 weeks later...