SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Bus to Denver

YaneA

Al Pearson is taking a fan bus to Denver. It leaves from Grand Forks the morning of Wednesday, April 9 and stops overnight in Deadwood. If you want Al to get you tickets, the total (not including meals and hotels) is $340 a person. For more details, call Al at 218-779-5740.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Pearson is taking a fan bus to Denver. It leaves from Grand Forsk the morning of Wednesday, April 9 and stops overnight in Deadwood. If you want Al to get you tickets, the total (not including meals and hotels) is $340 a person. For more details, call Al at 218-779-5740.

I was waiting for this post, YaneA.

I believe the bus is heading west on I-94 and then taking the Belfield exit and Highway 85 south, correct?

Is the return trip following the exact same route?

The driver said west to Belfield on 94 then through Rapid City and overnight in Deadwood then into Denver on Thursday morning. I thought he said shortest possible route. I haven't Mapquested it but I'm sure Al knows route details or can find out. It would be great if we could pick you up in Fargo.

I was waiting for this post, YaneA.

I believe the bus is heading west on I-94 and then taking the Belfield exit and Highway 85 south, correct?

Is the return trip following the exact same route?

The driver said west to Belfield on 94 then through Rapid City and overnight in Deadwood then into Denver on Thursday morning. I thought he said shortest possible route. I haven't Mapquested it but I'm sure Al knows route details or can find out. It would be great if we could pick you up in Fargo.

You do realize that Belfield is my hometown, right? :lol: Sad, but true. Highway 85 runs from the Canadian border all the way south to the Black Hills. I've been on that route many times.

Anyways, I am asking because the return-trip is most important. I'm trying to talk my dad into going on the trip with me - I'd have to drive to Fargo to catch the bus and he would board in Belfield. If the return-trip is different, that causes some issues.

Call Al--Maybe your dad joins up at the Copper Kettle?

You do realize that Belfield is my hometown, right? :lol: Sad, but true. Highway 85 runs from the Canadian border all the way south to the Black Hills. I've been on that route many times.

Anyways, I am asking because the return-trip is most important. I'm trying to talk my dad into going on the trip with me - I'd have to drive to Fargo to catch the bus and he would board in Belfield. If the return-trip is different, that causes some issues.

Yeah, the one with the mountain man/fur trapper commercials. I took my contacts out there once. There's a plaque in the ladies room memorializing that fact.

There's another tribute to you on the wall of the men's room too. No reply back yet from my dad regarding hopping on the bus in Belfield...

Just spoke to Al and he's ready to close out the list for Denver and take only 1 full, fan bus, leaving at 7 a.m. Wednesday, April 9. He still might add a 2nd bus but only if there's a huge clamor for it. He also said he hasn't been able to score tickets so we might be on our own there.

If you want to go to Denver with us, call Al right now.

Just spoke to Al and he's ready to close out the list for Denver and take only 1 full, fan bus, leaving at 7 a.m. Wednesday, April 9. He still might add a 2nd bus but only if there's a huge clamor for it. He also said he hasn't been able to score tickets so we might be on our own there.

Ugh...I'm still jumping thru hoops trying to put this all together. I swear, right now, it looks like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Part II! Drive to Fargo, park my car, and board the Sioux bus there? Take the train to Williston, then get to Belfield and board the bus there?

No tickets? That's a big sticking point.

Ugh...I'm still jumping thru hoops trying to put this all together. I swear, right now, it looks like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Part II! Drive to Fargo, park my car, and board the Sioux bus there? Take the train to Williston, then get to Belfield and board the bus there?

Drive to Fargo, leave your car there (I'll ask a friend for a spot in front of her house), get on the damn bus and worry about tickets later!!!

DO IT!!!!

C'mon MM. You will get tickets. I have places for your car to be in Fargo if you dont want it left in a parking lot somewhere.

I'm actually mulling over the idea of taking the train to Williston, having my dad pick me up there, then meet you all in Belfield when Al's bus rolls thru. That might be a photo finish though, especially if there's any trouble with Amtrak that might cause a delay.

By my estimation, you'll be in Belfield at 12 noon Wednesday, which is actually 11 am local time thanks to the time change by New Salem. Just in time for lunch at Trapper's Kettle.

Deadwood's another 3-4 hours south of Belfield.

I'm actually mulling over the idea of taking the train to Williston, having my dad pick me up there, then meet you all in Belfield when Al's bus rolls thru. That might be a photo finish though, especially if there's any trouble with Amtrak that might cause a delay.

By my estimation, you'll be in Belfield at 12 noon Wednesday, which is actually 11 am local time thanks to the time change by New Salem. Just in time for lunch at Trapper's Kettle.

Deadwood's another 3-4 hours south of Belfield.

When you talk to Al be sure to recommend the Kettle as the lunch time pit stop. If you have any contacts there who would comp the bus driver's lunch (and Al's), so much the better.

When I spoke to him last night, he said the 1st bus had 48 people on it and the 2nd bus had 30-some.

What happend?

Anyways, I'm on it with my fiance. Anyone have suggestions on how much luggage we can bring for 2 people and what "extras" are allowed?

Anyone heard if Al has had any more luck scoring Hotel rooms. I talked to him on tuesday morning and he still had not. I don't want to keep bugging him, just wondering if anyone else has talked to him since and if things have changed.

When I spoke to him last night, he said the 1st bus had 48 people on it and the 2nd bus had 30-some.

What happend?

Anyways, I'm on it with my fiance. Anyone have suggestions on how much luggage we can bring for 2 people and what "extras" are allowed?

As you might imagine, Al's phone is blowing up with calls from people desperate to get to the game. He seemed to think he couldn't fill the 2nd bus but if people keep calling him to get on the so-called 2nd bus list, he may change his mind.

There is very little overhead compartment space but 1 weekender per person will fit nicely underneath. If by "extras" you mean what I think you mean then yes, there's always a keg. Most people bring snacks and everyone shares. If you want soda, BYOP (bring your own pop).

Al did not say anything about hotel rooms when I talked to him this morning so it's news to me that he doesn't have those in hand. He's been doing these trips for 30 years. He'll git 'er done, no problem.

Anyone heard if Al has had any more luck scoring Hotel rooms. I talked to him on tuesday morning and he still had not. I don't want to keep bugging him, just wondering if anyone else has talked to him since and if things have changed.

For hotel rooms, he told me last night on the phone that they had sent bids out to hotels in the Denver area and were waiting to hear back on them. He figured it would be a couple days to let everything shake itself out over there. He did say that he had gotten one back for $80/room/night but was hoping to get something closer to downtown and maybe a little cheaper.

Anyone heard from Al lately? Updates please, I cannot get a phone call returned.

I talked to him yesterday morning and, later, I heard him on the radio, trying to fill the second bus and talking about the bidding war among Denver hotels to accommodate his passengers. I am sure he is overwhelmed with making the arrangements.

The only problem here is............without tickets, how many people are going to hop on the bus and risk the chance of not getting any once in Denver? :lol:

I understand that, I do. And I'm sure no one is more upset about not having tickets in hand for his passengers than Al is. It's beyond his control. It's too bad that, once the Sioux secured their spot in the Frozen Four, an athletic department army wasn't mobilized to secure tickets for every fan who wanted them.

The only problem here is............without tickets, how many people are going to hop on the bus and risk the chance of not getting any once in Denver? :lol:

getting there would be my main concern if i was in that situation but thats just me, tickets can be found

The only problem here is............without tickets, how many people are going to hop on the bus and risk the chance of not getting any once in Denver? ;)

:lol: you're worried!!!! You're the one who has been reasurring me that getting tickets outside the arena won't be a problem!! :lol: