SiouxSports.com Forum

Number one in the country in PIM(s)

Boy Named Sioux

Not news to you guys, I know, but we are number one in the country in PIM(s). I don't think I have seen anyone here mention this fact in a way that indicates they are concerned about it. I know part of the reason for the big number stems from a few (or couple) of games - but considering we are not the biggest most physical team in the league (not that we are sissies by any stretch), the large number seems to indicate we are taking alot (too many?) penalties that don't have anything to do with being a bit "over-aggressive". The question is: Are you concerned at all about this? And/or should Hak be concerned?

Not news to you guys, I know, but we are number one in the country in PIM(s). I don't think I have seen anyone here mention this fact in a way that indicates they are concerned about it. I know part of the reason for the big number stems from a few (or couple) of games - but considering we are not the biggest most physical team in the league (not that we are sissies by any stretch), the large number seems to indicate we are taking alot (too many?) penalties that don't have anything to do with being a bit "over-aggressive". The question is: Are you concerned at all about this? And/or should Hak be concerned?

I think we need to be concerned. Keep our sticks off of the other players and things will be OK.

I still think the officials hate us because we're better looking then them and are trying to get even with us.

Take out that UW game and I bet the Sioux would easily fall from that top spot.

But we've taken penalties that we haven't needed to take. I don't think it helps us with the referees when we're already #1 coming in.

I don't mind the UW stuff, but lets stop taking the dumb penalties.

and we are on pace for the best PK in history of sioux hockey so keep that up and we will be fine :D

from game notes in msu sioux game week thread

UND on pace to set school record for best penalty kill: The Sioux are currently killing off opponent power-play opportunities at a clip of .893 (92-103). The UND school record for killing off penalties is .872 (184-211), set in the 2003-04 season.

UND

I think every team in the nation could say that. ;)

exactly, it happens and we play a nice phycial style as well so a few here and there will happen :huh:

remember when matt greene would just flat lay guys out but since they were smaller and he hit so damn hard he always got called for something :D