SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakstol.

Nice to see the stick salute, and nice to see the fans stay for it.

Hit by TJ set the tone early. Physically, we were good all night. Tech with their share of licks.

Good play by FInley both nights. Efficient. Physical. ... lot of guys like that this weekend.

Our coverage wasn't good on their goal. But we stayed calm and closed them out. We scrambled on a couple shifts, but overall good.

They clog lanes, you have to be sharp and move together. We did a nice job cycling with a 5-man cycle. Also better getting the puck to the net from the points.

Sweep feels good. We need to keep working, and we can only control what we do, not what others do.

Phil with some tough saves, in traffic. TJ's block sums up the weekend. We keep battling defensively, and that's what it takes.

Hakstol post-game comments:

Nice to see a whole lot of people still in the building waiting for the stick salute.

Oshie had a big hit to set the tone early. I thought physically, we were good all night. They're a tough physical team and they laid their licks as well, but I thought we played a good physical game.

Little plays that by the end of the game, you tend not to remember, tonight. Good play from Joe Finley, all 120 minutes. One of his better weekends. For him personally, one of his better efforts.

We made a mistake, our coverage wasn't great on their first goal. The bench stayed strong and we went out and got one back. I thought we did a good job on closing it out from there. One or two bad plays, but overall good hockey.

I thought we brought the puck up the ice really well, especially against a team like Tech. We cycled the puck well, really all weekend. All 5 guys involved. We've talked about it a lot over the past 5 or 6 weeks about the D not doing that good of a job on getting the puck out from up top. Our defensemen had to be a factor.

It feels good. Don't know if it's a monkey off our back. We didn't even talk about a sweep. We talked about maintaining sole possession of 3rd place. That's what we can control. We knew if we came out and won a hockey game, we'd be where we were in the standings to start the weekend.

Phil still had some tough saves. He was timely. It sums it up, the shot that T.J. blocked. Guys not willing to cave in defensively. That's the kind of committment it takes.

Hakstol post-game comments:

Nice to see a whole lot of people still in the building waiting for the stick salute.

Oshie had a big hit to set the tone early. I thought physically, we were good all night. They're a tough physical team and they laid their licks as well, but I thought we played a good physical game.

Little plays that by the end of the game, you tend not to remember, tonight. Good play from Joe Finley, all 120 minutes. One of his better weekends. For him personally, one of his better efforts.

We made a mistake, our coverage wasn't great on their first goal. The bench stayed strong and we went out and got one back. I thought we did a good job on closing it out from there. One or two bad plays, but overall good hockey.

I thought we brought the puck up the ice really well, especially against a team like Tech. We cycled the puck well, really all weekend. All 5 guys involved. We've talked about it a lot over the past 5 or 6 weeks about the D not doing that good of a job on getting the puck out from up top. Our defensemen had to be a factor.

It feels good. Don't know if it's a monkey off our back. We didn't even talk about a sweep. We talked about maintaining sole possession of 3rd place. That's what we can control. We knew if we came out and won a hockey game, we'd be where we were in the standings to start the weekend.

Phil still had some tough saves. He was timely. It sums it up, the shot that T.J. blocked. Guys not willing to cave in defensively. That's the kind of committment it takes.

I practice typing fast all week, but you are STILL faster!!! rrrr :D :D

No objection here...

I would vote for Oshie. Big hit in the first minute sets the tone. Couple beautiful chances, more hits. And the big save late to seal the deal.

VV would be a candidate. Finley. I thought Chorney was superb tonight again.

TH agrees with you, goes with Chorney. He has really turned it on since St. Cloud, looks like the player from last spring. And the timing is great too.

No objection here...

I would vote for Oshie. Big hit in the first minute sets the tone. Couple beautiful chances, more hits. And the big save late to seal the deal.

VV would be a candidate. Finley. I thought Chorney was superb tonight again.

TH gave Chorney the PSDoors Player of the Game, so he got one of them.