SiouxSports.com Forum

Taylor evidently a Lennon fan

UND92,96

This was an excerpt from an article in Sunday's Forum:

Carr Sports Associates of Gainesville, Fla., has consulted for NDSU since fall 2001 as the university moves toward Division I-AA status from Division II.

It gave Taylor a three-page form to complete on what the university should look for in a new head football coach.

The recommendations listed three

UND92,96:

Thanks for the posting. I found the articles very enlightening and am taking delight in wondering just how much the now-banned JBB and other Bison-backers are squirming about Taylor's Lennon comments. Apparently, there was validity to the rumors about Lennon going to NDSU, only it was NDSU's wish, not Lennon's.

From the article, I also enjoyed segment about attempts to bring back Rocky Hager:

Ultimately, the choice of a head coach rested squarely on Taylor

Why would a Bison fan squirm about Chapman telling Carr Assiociates saying that Lennon, Ohio State's Tressel, and Navy's coach were the three examples of what NDSU's next coach should be like? It's not like saying something nice about a UND person makes a sane NDSU fan go crazy.

What might make NDSU fans squirm is that the #1 candidate turned the Bison down and another top candidate withdrew their name because the process took so long. Of course, the apparent quality of the staff that Bohl put together will temper some of that disappointment and a good season or two will make that initial discomfort disappear completely.

Now maybe the Forum could do a similar story about UND and ask to see all the correspondence between Roger Thomas and DI conferences and schools and find out, for the record, if there is any truth to the rumors about UND pursuing DI.

Just looking at the article, I don't think it was that Taylor was going to hire Lennon. Taylor just admired his coaching style and was looking for that kind of style in his hiring. There were also two other coaches Taylor admired and they were Jim Tressel, Ohio State University head coach and Naval Academy

Jim Tressel was next on the list. I wonder if Gene Taylor contacted him? :D;) . He only would have given up about $1,000,000 a year in salary and a few million more in endorsements. :lol::p

If Taylor really wanted Lennon, he would have contacted him. Lennon had already shown that he wants to coach at the DIAA level.

In all reality, this thread should have been titled "Gene Taylor respects Dale Lennon's coaching ability".

Yes, but it still fun to think how it must burn JBB's ass to hear that some "ol' hayseed" would posess any good qualities that Taylor would desire! Don't you guys remember that Lennon just fell off the turnip truck! God I miss JBB and his moronic blurbs! :D What an idiot!

The Forum articles are very interesting, I am curious who this mystery candidate is?

The second installment of the series:

Search for a coach.

PS - I guess Bison transfer QB Stauss is eating up their D in spring ball. The Story. However, as the story says,

Stauss consistently picked apart the defense, although that comes with an asterisk. The defense did not blitz.

You know what the knock on Stauss was? Average to low mobility. :)