SiouxSports.com Forum

McFeely's Challenge

GeauxSioux

And the challenge...

What do you say, Bison and Sioux fans whose IQs exceed the uniform numbers worn by Steve Walker or Danny Freund? Can we rise up? Can our voices be heard as one? Can we talk?

Or are we forever doomed to have our conversations commandeered by cinder blocks whose idea of an insightful comment is,

And the challenge...

I'm of the opinion that Bison and Sioux fans have lots of good, substantive discussions on this forum. There are certainly some disagreements, but rarely (anymore) do they devolve into the "you stink" name-calling fests.

The key, frankly, is just to not let the "you stink" people join the conversation. Not only do they contribute nothing, but they cause otherwise sane people on the other side to devolve into "no you do". Attempting to drown them out doesn't work, they just get louder and make the real conversation even harder to find.

The part of the column I found funny was the call-in Bison fan's indignance that they were discussing North Dakota football (in ND's largest city, a mere 70 miles from the University). I know there's a home-town team, but seriously, to try to pretend UND isn't news in Fargo? :lol:

It's about the only time I've agreed with McFeely. It made me laugh too! Living in Fargo and being a Sioux fan, we've dealt with this for 14 years. I get sick of the Bison everything! The Forum owns the Herald too so it should be even turf. Whoever made that call....should see the number of cars headed north on a night of Sioux hockey!

Same situation in Grand Forks everytime I step outside and go somewhere I see a bison sweatshirt or hat....just because you live in Grand Forks doesn't mean you're a sioux fan and likewise for fargo

The best thing that you can do is be prepared to have a discussion with a Bison fan when they start mocking the Sioux. I don't know how many times someone has approached me about something and I have left them standing there with a glazed look on their face and nothing can come out of their mouth because they don't know what just happened.

I've been told by people before that they "aren't prepared to have this discussion" with me after they started it. I've had people speechless and turn around and walk away from me because they don't know what to say.

It's fun to say the least. Let the person spout off all they want, think about what they said, and then come back with something even better.

The best thing that you can do is be prepared to have a discussion with a Bison fan when they start mocking the Sioux. I don't know how many times someone has approached me about something and I have left them standing there with a glazed look on their face and nothing can come out of their mouth because they don't know what just happened.

I've been told by people before that they "aren't prepared to have this discussion" with me after they started it. I've had people speechless and turn around and walk away from me because they don't know what to say.

It's fun to say the least. Let the person spout off all they want, think about what they said, and then come back with something even better.

I had some Bison fan yapping at me one time at Rose Creek in fargo because I had a Fighting Sioux logo golf bag.

I just asked him how many Hockey titles has his team won, then excused myself and went and to the first tee.