SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Iowa St.

bincitysioux

Iowa State men: North Dakota takes Princeton plunge

And a familiar coach will be directing North Dakota's version of the Princeton offense. Brian Jones, who played at Northern Iowa, was an assistant coach at Iowa when he got the North Dakota job before the 2006-07 season.

"I was a motion coach my first year,'' Jones said. "But I looked at other programs in similar situations, and this gives us a chance to recruit geographically.''

North Dakota has adapted to the change in philosophy, bringing a 10-game winning streak to Hilton Coliseum.

"Everyone has bought into what we're doing,'' said Jones, who was 11-17 last season.

ATTENTION FOR THOSE WITH DIRECTV: FREE PREVIEW WEEKEND ON ESPN FULL COURT

I was just about to call and order a one day pass for ESPN Full Court so I could watch tonights basketball game. I flipped to the channels and there was a game on! Apparently a weeklong free preview starts today. The UND game is on ch. 692.

UND 22

ISU 48

Halftime.

ISU had a 14-0 point run towards the end of the half before the Sioux finally got a freethrow. The Sioux have had some open shots and nice drives into the lane but have had absolutely no luck with the shots falling. ISU hasn't turned the ball over ONCE!

UND 51

ISU 77

Final.

Every player that dressed for either team was on the floor tonight. Definately not the big upset that I was hoping would happen but definately a fun game to see what we will have to do in the future to be successful in D1. Hopefully we get a rematch against the Cyclones when we play in their tournament next year.